Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Azza Bamboo posted:

You're right it looks like German.

Well that makes sense then. I've heard German toilets have a shelf so you can examine your poops before flushing. This way the whole family can have a look and comment over breakfast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Someone needs to eat their toastbrot

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 1, 2019

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
You know what? I love it.

Amazing power play: invite someone to your house, offer them a drink. Mid conversation, as the kettle's boiling, say "excuse me". Open the kitchen shitter. While they're still trying to process this sight, you're dropping trou, it's twosies.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

You know what? I love it.

Amazing power play: invite someone to your house, offer them a drink. Mid conversation, as the kettle's boiling, say "excuse me". Open the kitchen shitter. While they're still trying to process this sight, you're dropping trou, it's twosies.

Even better, after a nice meal, they ask you "oh where's the bog?" and you say "right here"

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
If they do use it, ask them to pass you the sugar

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Even better, after a nice meal, they ask you "oh where's the bog?" and you say "right here"

That new avatar of yours is loving me up.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

You would think the kitchen shitter would warrant a hood vent of some sort.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

IncredibleIgloo posted:

You would think the kitchen shitter would warrant a hood vent of some sort.
Wear a hood if it makes you feel better, but we still know it's you under there pooping while we make breakfast.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'm the pooppurri spray can.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

tangy yet delightful posted:

I'm the pooppurri spray can.

slash cooking spray

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
That's one where I just want to understand how that came about? The size of everything else suggests it's not some radical micro-apartment concept, it looks like a house, so what the gently caress?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Javid posted:

That's one where I just want to understand how that came about? The size of everything else suggests it's not some radical micro-apartment concept, it looks like a house, so what the gently caress?

It's a poop fetish, op.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

value-brand cereal posted:

It's a poop fetish, op.

It could be a way to deal with radically awful cuisine.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Javid posted:

It could be a house that was split into flats, maybe?

Or maybe they a proper bathroom, but only one, so a kitchen toilet was the only way to get a dude to stop peeing in the sink?

Or a very old house from when indoor plumbing was rare/absent, and literally the only water lines in the house are in that one wall?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Was the toilet added to the kitchen or was the kitchen built around the toilet? Hmmm

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Was the toilet added to the kitchen or was the kitchen built around the toilet? Hmmm

The house was built on an indigenous toilet burial ground.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I like to think the kitchen was added later. Many tried, but no one could move it. The legend says that whoever pull the toilet from the wax ring becomes the King of the Plumbers.

Le Merde d'Arthur

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The Mjolnir method of selecting the union president, I see.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Nevets posted:

I like to think the kitchen was added later. Many tried, but no one could move it. The movie script says that whoever pull the toilet from the wax ring becomes one of the Boondock Saints, and they shall drop the toilet onto a B-movie Russian heavy.

FTFY

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

The kitchen toilet reminds me of an episode of I believe tiny house hunters(or some other tiny house show I hate watched) where the "toilet" was a sauerkraut crock in the corner of the kitchen. Not even in a cabinet or anything, just sitting in the corner of the room.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

slurry_curry posted:

The kitchen toilet reminds me of an episode of I believe tiny house hunters(or some other tiny house show I hate watched) where the "toilet" was a sauerkraut crock in the corner of the kitchen. Not even in a cabinet or anything, just sitting in the corner of the room.

What a crock of poo poo

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

slurry_curry posted:

I think at that point you don't have a tiny house, you just have a shanty.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Epic save on the cost of a garbage disposal

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Sep 2, 2019

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Jaded Burnout posted:

What a crock of poo poo

Boooooooooo

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Munin posted:

It could be a way to deal with radically awful cuisine.

So we agree this is Germany then

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Bad photo, but the left valve is leaking and there's water pooled in and dripping down from the flat area at the bottom of the box. Of course, I noticed AFTER I'd put my eight quarters into the machine, so I'm finishing my laundry and THEN calling maintenance.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
https://patents.google.com/patent/US3847175A/en

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
Seemed like suitable content from Reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/Whatcouldgowrong/comments/cyq4y3/wcgw_if_my_neighbour_uses_the_longest_possible/

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

https://youtu.be/kgGOPoKjfiY

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Edit: Nevermind, wrong thread.

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 3, 2019

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Used ones.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Phanatic posted:

What cars won’t you be underwater on at some point with an 8-year loan?
Length of loan doesn't really matter all that much, it's the downpayment that's the real factor. Of course those who can't make a significant downpayment also tend to be the ones getting the long loans, so there's definitely a strong correlation.

Let me tell you about buying a used BMW at CarMax, zero down, with the extended warranty...

Everything I know about bad financial decisions in car buying I learned the hard way.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

wolrah posted:

Let me tell you about buying a used BMW at CarMax, zero down, with the extended warranty...

Everything I know about bad financial decisions in car buying I learned the hard way.

From what I can tell, a BMW is a bad financial decision anyway unless you've got enough to drop the cash on getting it seen by a mechanic every time it needs an oil check. We're looking at selling my grandfather's old BMW, because it's a decade old and doesn't even have a dipstick to check the oil, and the local mechanics don't know how much oil it needs.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

A kid I knew way back in middle school lived in that house. Some parts of it are pretty cool.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

wolrah posted:

Of course those who can't make a significant downpayment also tend to be the ones getting the long loans, so there's definitely a strong correlation.
Another strong correlation: The people who do 8-year loans are almost always buying more car than they could otherwise afford. You’re in love with the Lexus or BMW or whatever, but your finances dictate that the monthly payment on a reasonable loan length is just too much...but wait, if I take an 72 84 96-month loan, it’s a little cheaper and we can totally make it work!

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

tinytort posted:

From what I can tell, a BMW is a bad financial decision anyway unless you've got enough to drop the cash on getting it seen by a mechanic every time it needs an oil check. We're looking at selling my grandfather's old BMW, because it's a decade old and doesn't even have a dipstick to check the oil, and the local mechanics don't know how much oil it needs.

Mine is fortunately one of the last ones that was entirely maintainable by the average DIYer. Naturally aspirated, port injected inline six, manual trans, rear wheel drive, non-M. Any BMW that fits those criteria is pretty easy to deal with by German car standards. Cut the oil interval in half (yes it takes more oil than the cylinders displace, but 15k miles is still loving nuts), replace the GDCS every 60-100k, otherwise treat it like any other car. It's not Honda reliable but it's "car guy reliable".

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

deoju posted:

A kid I knew way back in middle school lived in that house. Some parts of it are pretty cool.

If you're going to cover over a pool and turn it into a carpeted floor, why would you leave the handrails in?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

deoju posted:

That sauna looks terrible. The top bench is just hanging up in the air so you have nowhere to rest your feet except if you sit in the corner so you are just dangling your feet in the air and coming down to a slippery floor is hazardous. The low bench should be right across the front of the top bench.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Fun fact: I touched my first boob in that sauna.