Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I'd be happy to see LockRock again. But I bet it will be Hawks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hawks is gonna die and be replaced by a Twice clone.

Or Toga

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Mt. Lady is in fact shorter than Midoriya

That's kinda hilarious

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

lunar detritus posted:

Let it be Mirko :pray:

I feel like Miruko might actually be a good mentor for Bakugo. She's got a no-teams mentality and values strength above all else, but has still risen to being a top hero despite being so terse. She also seems boisterous enough to handle Bakugo's rage. Also when Deku and Bakugo eventually fight again it'd be easy to imagine Horikoshi referencing training with her as Bakugo now having experience with a more dangerous super physical melee combatant and forcing Deku to need to use his other powers to keep up.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 2, 2019

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I feel like Miruko might actually be a good mentor for Bakugo. She's got a no-teams mentality and values strength above all else, but has still risen to being a top hero despite being so terse. She also seems boisterous enough to handle Bakugo's rage.
Yeah, she basically took Bakugou's attitude and made it marketable.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Fabricated posted:

Third, possibly best option: Why not both? Imagine Bakugo and Deku competing with each other in the same internship!

Basically, what I'm saying is, more Miruko please.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Mt. Lady is in fact shorter than Midoriya

That's kinda hilarious

Mt. Lady’s design was apparently the proto Ochako so that makes sense

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fabricated posted:

During the chapter Midnight suggested to Aizawa that Bakugou should take lessons on avoiding the media from him and Eraserhead said that there someone else he should try to emulate, so I think that might be what he was suggesting.

I've seen people bring up Kamui Woods as a possible mentor for Deku to help him learn how to use his new quirk.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That would be a neat callback to how Kamui Woods was the first hero that Deku ever emulated on-screen.

Edit: Something related that I've been thinking about is that if Deku needs a cover for why he apparently has a new, unrelated quirk is that those tentacles running through his muscles are WHY he has super strength. Like Tokoyami's Black Body special move, just internal instead of external.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 2, 2019

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

That would be a neat callback to how Kamui Woods was the first hero that Deku ever emulated on-screen.

Edit: Something related that I've been thinking about is that if Deku needs a cover for why he apparently has a new, unrelated quirk is that those tentacles running through his muscles are WHY he has super strength. Like Tokoyami's Black Body special move, just internal instead of external.

Honestly they can just say "my Quirk is that I randomly develop new Quirks" and it'd basically be accurate. Even would explain why he didn't have a Quirk when he was younger.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Todoroki's Conspiracy Wall is gonna look amazing by the end of the series

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hawks is gonna die and be replaced by a Twice clone.

Or Toga

If it were a Twice clone, he'd still be precisely the same as regular Hawks, though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vinylshadow posted:

Todoroki's Conspiracy Wall is gonna look amazing by the end of the series
Shoto is the Dale Gribble of 1-A.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Shoto is the Dale Gribble of 1-A.

Pocket snow!

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
First Deku'd have to have enough fitness to survive maintaining OfA levels to manifest black whip. Then manifest and control it. Bakugo matches Miruko perfectly so I'd pitch Deku interning with Edgeshot.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
While who interns with Miruko is important, we're forgetting someone here.

Who's gonna intern with Wash?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
What's your take on Wash, by the way? Did he just get his spot by approval ratings (Read, public popularity, and recognition as the sponsor of a brand of cleaning supplies), or is he actually competent and resolves a lot of incidents?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think Horikoshi said he's super popular with kids.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Wash is super popular with kids AND he is also ruthlessly efficient and in fact brutal in his takedown of villains but thankfully Endeavor has worse optics so he keeps the heat off Wash.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Please just let Momo out of the hero course and put her in Hatsume Mei's laboratory. Let her achieve her final form.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Wash is going to be apart of the Liberation Army.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Wash is super popular with kids AND he is also ruthlessly efficient and in fact brutal in his takedown of villains but thankfully Endeavor has worse optics so he keeps the heat off Wash.

It's fine. He's just showing the kids some good, clean fun.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I'm not sure how much I trust Wash as a top hero. Still seems a bit wet behind the ears

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I think the truth about Wash is out there but his PR team is just really good at spin.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

Please just let Momo out of the hero course and put her in Hatsume Mei's laboratory. Let her achieve her final form.

or just have her hang back and provide team support/ command it's somthing she's generally shown to be good at but she keeps going in as a frontline leader

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

just let momo make herself a gun

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
if she figured out the chemical compounds, could she potentially make the quirk nullifying bullets?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

i flunked out posted:

if she figured out the chemical compounds, could she potentially make the quirk nullifying bullets?

Presumably, yeah. That goes for the antidote, too.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

i flunked out posted:

doubt it. the secret ingredient in those bullets is eri's temporality-defying blood, whose properties probably can't be replicated through chemical means

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Oxxidation posted:

doubt it. the secret ingredient in those bullets is eri's temporality-defying blood, whose properties probably can't be replicated through chemical means

I guess it comes down to how/if the samples that Shigaraki stole end up being mass produced.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I guess it comes down to how/if the samples that Shigaraki stole end up being mass produced.

Twice gets the ability to copy objects, makes a shitton of them.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Didn't the manga and/or anime specifically say Momo can't make organic stuff? That probably disqualifies the bullet.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Bobulus posted:

Didn't the manga and/or anime specifically say Momo can't make organic stuff? That probably disqualifies the bullet.

It was later clarified that she can't make living things. There's lots of stuff made with organic material that we've already seen her make.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

*Momo pulls a hunk of enriched uranium out of her armpit, throws it at villain*

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Funky Valentine posted:

*Momo pulls a hunk of enriched uranium out of her armpit, throws it at villain*

Won't that hurt her just as much.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Yeah one of the major theoretical limitations of her power is that she doesn't get special immunity from the stuff she creates, so creating something that is immediately hazardous to an exposed human is a nonstarter.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Neo_Crimson posted:

Twice gets the ability to copy objects, makes a shitton of them.

Twice makes a Toga, Clone!Toga turns into Eri, they juice the Clone!Eri!Toga for boolets.

As if Twice would actually make a Togaclone thats only purpose was to get gibbed.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Twice clone talk has got me thinking that Hawk has a death flag. It's a foolproof way to weed out infiltrators.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Twice clone talk has got me thinking that Hawk has a death flag. It's a foolproof way to weed out infiltrators.

What do you mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Twice clones are exact duplicates, so they can't just clone him and ask him if he's a traitor. The clone will be a traitor too.

They also can't torture the clones for info since they disappear after taking too much damage.