Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I had those and even at six I realized they sucked rear end compared to Weiner Dog Art and homicidal psycho jungle cat were miles ahead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I bought The Dilbert Principle though

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

my cousin was all about Garfield, my family had a bunch of far side collections though. guess I'm a little twisted like Nick Mullen

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

i say swears online posted:

I bought The Dilbert Principle though

Yeah as a kid I had the Dilbert Future so I got an early look into just how insane Scott Adams was. There was like a whole chapter on how Adams made a bunch of money in the stock market and beat cancer by writing daily affirmations.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Dilbert was my introduction to capitalism being a bad system and made me never want a desk job

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

catching up and it's kind of a bummer finding out the boys are dumb dumbs when it comes to the assassination. it's beyond doubt oswald was the only shooter.

and i have no idea what will is talking about when he says the report has glaring inaccuracies.

i mean i used to believe in all the conspiracy poo poo when i was younger (and the film jfk certainly had a big effect on me too) but if you're actually well researched it's clear oswald acted alone.

i understand why people buy into this stuff but i feel like it takes away from the actual conspiracies and bad acts of our government and the powerful and our intelligence agencies because it allows people to handwave away the real poo poo with "that's just dumb bullshit like the jfk assassination theories".

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 2, 2019

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Groovelord Neato posted:

the official narrative on the jfk assassination is correct though. it's the saddest part of the whole conspiracy industry built around it - the warren report got it right all those years ago.

Imagine actually believing this and getting mad at a podcast proving you wrong.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

the theory at the end where the agency wanted to lop off jfk's ear but the expert sniper turned out to be less than expert is the best one, and after reasing about the dumb poo poo they do it's kinda plausible

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Groovelord Neato posted:

catching up and it's kind of a bummer finding out the boys are dumb dumbs when it comes to the assassination. it's beyond doubt oswald was the only shooter.

and i have no idea what will is talking about when he says the report has glaring inaccuracies.

i mean i used to believe in all the conspiracy poo poo when i was younger (and the film jfk certainly had a big effect on me too) but if you're actually well researched it's clear oswald acted alone.

i understand why people buy into this stuff but i feel like it takes away from the actual conspiracies and bad acts of our government and the powerful and our intelligence agencies because it allows people to handwave away the real poo poo with "that's just dumb bullshit like the jfk assassination theories".

What a mark

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
lol if you don't believe every JFK conspiracy theory, even the mutually exclusive ones

Even when all the declassified stuff gets released from the National Archives it won't matter because you just know that Richard Helms was tossing files into an incinerator for at least 48 hours after Kennedy was killed

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I like the Cracked Podcast version, where a secret agent accidentally kills JFK and the whole coverup is to hdie how dumb they are.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Joementum posted:

Imagine actually believing this and getting mad at a podcast proving you wrong.

imagine blocking people on twitter.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Groovelord Neato posted:

I follow the advice of an undisputed first ballot hall of fame chapo guest

https://twitter.com/BRANDONWARDELL/status/865907035627552769?s=19

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Groovelord Neato posted:

I have no idea what you're on about but if there's someone who keeps trying to push the idea that the Warren Commission got it right, you should block them, yeah.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they did. sorry. if you think there were shooters other than oswald you shouldn't comment on the subject.

i was making fun of you for being block happy.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Groovelord Neato posted:

they did. sorry. if you think there were shooters other than oswald you shouldn't comment on the subject.

i was making fun of you for being block happy.

You're a very confused person in that you have me confused with someone else on twitter and you are confused about the truth of the JFK assassination. Sorry.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you're not dave weigel? apologize if i got that wrong.

you are wrong on jfk though. sorry again. maybe do a bit more research.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Groovelord Neato posted:

Your willingness to believe the Warren Commission report makes a lot more sense now.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

well it's not really a matter of belief. i "believe" it like when an astronomer tells me the earth is round.

sorry the goons led me astray. quite a few said you were he.

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

Spoeank posted:

I follow the advice of an undisputed first ballot hall of fame chapo guest

https://twitter.com/BRANDONWARDELL/status/865907035627552769?s=19

Ironically im blocked by him

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

well it's not really a matter of belief. i "believe" it like when an astronomer tells me the earth is round.

Sure, buddy. "The earth".

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

the earth is actually a giant space tiddy, all the super rich people live on the nipple

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
this fuckin herb thinks there's an 'earth'.

buddy, we're all on Moon 2.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

this fuckin herb thinks there's an 'earth'.

buddy, we're all on Moon 2.

What unresolved conflict was present in the original moon that necessitated a sequel

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SlimGoodbody posted:

What unresolved conflict was present in the original moon that necessitated a sequel

one moon's hollow and full of nazis

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

the earth actually isn't round, its ellipsoidal

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
The Onion still has the only factually-accurate JFK theory.

https://www.theonion.com/november-22-1963-1819587981

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

you are wrong on jfk though. sorry again. maybe do a bit more research.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Lmao

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yeah what the

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
*dabs napkin on corners of mouth* Pardon my error

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Groovelord Neato posted:

the official narrative on the jfk assassination is correct though. it's the saddest part of the whole conspiracy industry built around it - the warren report got it right all those years ago.

A very goon thing to say.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Also, are people still paying for this trash podcast that never does any research and whose opinions are always some knee-jerk idiocy?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
who are you mad at here

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Chapo for being on the right side politically but producing a podcast that's extremely low-effort and never researches anything or has any interesting insight.

Also, too much really dumb conspiracy content recently.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I don’t trust anyone without Epstein brain.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Kingfish posted:

I don’t trust anyone without Epstein brain.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lambert posted:

Hillary won.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lambert posted:

Chapo for being on the right side politically but producing a podcast that's extremely low-effort and never researches anything or has any interesting insight.

Also, too much really dumb conspiracy content recently.

So stop listening?

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

lmao if you aren’t only listening to podcasts you despise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I enjoy the podcast Chapo Trap House