Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

GABA ghoul posted:

These are the generations that have never experienced the GDR as adults. The non-existent economy, the despotism, censorship, oppression, etc. Makes absolutely sense that it's the generations that thinks an ethnically clean Führerstaat under Bernd "Björn" Höcke is an experiment worth trying.

Also, probably weird gamergate, incel and red pill crap

Bomber Harris, do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

quote:

Damals wurde „Bomber-Harris“ gefragt, wie er 30 Jahre nach dem Krieg über die Luftangriffe denkt. Seine klare Antwort: „Wenn ich das Ganze noch mal durchmachen müsste, würde ich genau das Gleiche tun.“

:same:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Libluini posted:

Another day, another bomb found in Hannover. This time my luck almost ran out, the thing was found close enough I had to leave the U-Bahn two stations early and go home on foot -through the evacuation zone, mind you.

Luckily the evacuation zone ended just a couple houses before it reached my home, but wow was that a scare. If any goons in Hannover are hit by this, hopefully you'll get at least a tasty soup out of this while you're waiting in one of the evacuation centers.

The other week while I was having lunch in beautiful Köln-Zollstock, some Ordnungsamt goons came in and went "Dieses Restaurant ist mit sofortiger Wirkung geschlossen. Raus! Jetzt!" and I was like :barf: but it was just a bomb they found 100 m away. The evacuation zone stopped one block short of my office, so thank you, Bomber Harris, but do better next time

Anyway, sending thoughts and prayers for the goldenen Keks and Fritz Haarmann

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

das wird man ja wohl noch sagen dürfen :qq:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

System Metternich posted:

My three reactions: 1) nice, 2) lmao, 3) they really need to split up this plot by Meinung because as many as 88% of the 59% of Linkenwähler may actually be correct, as proven by the science of Marxism-Leninism

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

50% der Grünen sind Boris Palmer

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Smirr posted:

My three reactions: 1) nice, 2) lmao, 3) they really need to split up this plot by Meinung because as many as 88% of the 59% of Linkenwähler may actually be correct, as proven by the science of Marxism-Leninism

I think you mean the immortal science of Marxism-Leninism, comrade :commissar: *deports u to Siberia Prignitz*

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

I think you mean the immortal science of Marxism-Leninism, comrade :commissar: *deports u to Siberia Prignitz*

Die Lehre von Marx ist allmächtig, weil sie wahr ist. This sentence,drilled into Ossi heads for generations like a boot stamping on a human face - forever, explains what‘s wrong with East German people today.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm extrapolating wildly here but are you saying that decades of Marxist indoctrination pushed Eastern Germans into voting right-wing out of sheer "NO gently caress YOU DAD"? Because I mean yeah that happened, for decades, with the CDU. And now the CDU doesn't cut it anymore so they move more right, but how is that a failure of Marxist indoctrination instead of an indictment of the pieces of poo poo who refuse to see the light that is scientific Marxism

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_consciousness

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Strange feeling to see Sachsenboomer as the good guys. The savers and keepers of the light. All my life boomers have been the enemy. And now we are supposed to be friends with these people? I can't deal with this.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GABA ghoul posted:

Strange feeling to see Sachsenboomer as the good guys. The savers and keepers of the light. All my life boomers have been the enemy. And now we are supposed to be friends with these people? I can't deal with this.

Die Boomer haben durch ihr Handeln den Nährboden dafür bereitet, dass die nachfolgenden Generationen so anfällig für den Faschismus werden.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Smirr posted:

I'm extrapolating wildly here but are you saying that decades of Marxist indoctrination pushed Eastern Germans into voting right-wing out of sheer "NO gently caress YOU DAD"? Because I mean yeah that happened, for decades, with the CDU. And now the CDU doesn't cut it anymore so they move more right, but how is that a failure of Marxist indoctrination instead of an indictment of the pieces of poo poo who refuse to see the light that is scientific Marxism

Now lefty dad and conservative dad can both go gently caress themselves, nazi is my new dad. gently caress you dad.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Finally not wearing shorts to work again, feels good man

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Honestly, I'd agree with that. Except with the addendum "and that is a good thing".

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Sep 3, 2019

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/JochenBittner/status/1166689478741778432

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

GABA ghoul posted:

What? AfD percentage by age in Sachsen goes like this:

18-24 years: 19%
25-34 years: 24%
35-44 years: 29%
45-59 years: 33%
60+:24%

The groups 25+ also have a ~9% difference between men and women. So old ladies and young people are the less rabid facists.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

https://twitter.com/misscaro/status/1168423236188737536

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
„Good night, sleep tight“ would’ve been better IMO

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Sparpreis: 19,90 €
Flexipreis: 119,90 €

Die Preisgestaltung der Deutschen Bahn ist zum abgewöhnen. Als ob es nicht schon schlimm genug wäre, in die sumpfige Hauptstadt zu fahren.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Ja, das geht halt nicht, so flexibel sein. Wenn du so flexibel bist, da kommt die Bahn ja gar nicht mehr mit.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Randler posted:

Die Preisgestaltung der Deutschen Bahn ist zum abgewöhnen. Als ob es nicht schon schlimm genug wäre, in die sumpfige Hauptstadt zu fahren.

Just rebrand it as Bioticket

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Randler posted:

Definitive time at which you have to travel to Berlin: 19,90 €
Possibility to procrastinate traveling to Berlin until it sinks into the swamp: 119,90 €

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Deswegen ist die BahnCard 50 (50% nur auf Flexpreis!) auch nur für Leute sinnvoll die ihr Ticket immer sehr kurzfristig kaufen. :eng101: BC25 Rabatt gibts auch auf den Sparpreis.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

BC25 Sparpreis Rabatt is included in BC50 now as well.

The whole system is dumb. They should subside the gently caress outta the Bahn so tickets only cost €10 anywhere and everyone gets first class treatment and seat reservations. gently caress airplanes.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Zwille posted:

BC25 Sparpreis Rabatt is included in BC50 now as well.

The whole system is dumb. They should subside the gently caress outta the Bahn so tickets only cost €10 anywhere and everyone gets first class treatment and seat reservations. gently caress airplanes.

But then 1st class will be full of smelly poors, defeating the whole point of 1st class.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Randler posted:

very unscientific collection of sparpreises on each day in the future from now

summary: sparprices are decided on by how far in the future they are, and by how fully booked the train already is.

the flex price isn't the normal price, but literally just the convenience price for getting a ticket right now without helping the bahn with planning at all.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

very unscientific collection of sparpreises on each day in the future from now

summary: sparprices are decided on by how far in the future they are, and by how fully booked the train already is.

the flex price isn't the normal price, but literally just the convenience price for getting a ticket right now without helping the bahn with planning at all.

So basically the Sparpreis is like the €19.99 (for the first 3 out of 130 passengers) Ryanair flight price, while the Flexpreis is the regular price.

Somehow, even Britain hasn't hosed up train pricing bands this bad and you have two rates, one for rush hour to/from London and one for everything else.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

suck my woke dick posted:

So basically the Sparpreis is like the €19.99 (for the first 3 out of 130 passengers) Ryanair flight price, while the Flexpreis is the regular price.

Somehow, even Britain hasn't hosed up train pricing bands this bad and you have two rates, one for rush hour to/from London and one for everything else.

They have some complicated profit optimization algorithm.

- The first couple of tickets on each train are always dirt cheap because anything is more profitable than a completely empty train.

- they let customers who have inelastic demand(like business travellers on a short notice) pay the maximum possible fee(that's where flexipreis comes in)

- if a train has higher than usual demand they ramp up the sparpreis curve to force people to alternative routes and maximize profits

etc.

I think British rail has something very similar. Or at least some companies do.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
I just made the mistake of buying a bahncard and lol I actually need the physical card even for the number once the temp bahncard expires. I guess it's gonna get sent all the way to California since I buy tickets using my US credit card with my parents' billing address. It constantly surprises me how much German institutions still rely on/require physical mail for stuff. Why can't they just send me the permanent bahncard number in an email? What's so important about needing the physical card?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

I haven't shown the physical card in forever. Afaik (not a Schaffner) you can either:

- show the virtual BahnCard in the Deutsche Bahn app or
- show your ID associated with said BahnCard

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Cicero posted:

I just made the mistake of buying a bahncard and lol I actually need the physical card even for the number once the temp bahncard expires. I guess it's gonna get sent all the way to California since I buy tickets using my US credit card with my parents' billing address. It constantly surprises me how much German institutions still rely on/require physical mail for stuff. Why can't they just send me the permanent bahncard number in an email? What's so important about needing the physical card?

If you bought the card through a registered DB account, you can just install the DB navigator app on your phone and it will download the card to it.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Honj Steak posted:

If you bought the card through a registered DB account, you can just install the DB navigator app on your phone and it will download the card to it.
I thought that might work, but when I tried it, it said I needed to register for BahnCard services, which requires...a Bahncard number: https://imgur.com/a/YUeQyZC

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

IDK how it works with the temp BahnCard but if that doesn't have the number (it really should be somewhere, like on your invoice maybe?) just have someone open that letter in California and send you a picture of the front/back of the BC?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Cicero posted:

Strangely, tickets are not linked to any specific bahncard number so you need to show it each time for proof that you actually own one. You also need to mail the bahncard back to them once you end your contract so I hope your parents haven't thrown it away

I guess it's just how it used to work back in the days before everything being networked and they haven't updated poo poo yet. I think you can add your bahncard to your DB navigator app now so you don't have to carry it around anymore but I haven't tried it yet

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Cicero posted:

I thought that might work, but when I tried it, it said I needed to register for BahnCard services, which requires...a Bahncard number: https://imgur.com/a/YUeQyZC

When did you buy the Card? It might just take a few days for the non-temp one to appear in your app.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Zwille posted:

IDK how it works with the temp BahnCard but if that doesn't have the number (it really should be somewhere, like on your invoice maybe?) just have someone open that letter in California and send you a picture of the front/back of the BC?
Yeah, tried what looked like the temp number, just gave me an error message.

And that's my plan, the whole thing just seems ridiculously unnecessary for them, especially considering they have an app that clearly had the necessary functionality to not require the physical card around anymore, all they'd have to do is include the number in the email they already sent me after buying the Bahncard. But instead they're sending a letter to California.

Honj Steak posted:

When did you buy the Card? It might just take a few days for the non-temp one to appear in your app.
When I swipe to reload that page, it tells me I have to register first.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Cicero posted:

Yeah, tried what looked like the temp number, just gave me an error message.

And that's my plan, the whole thing just seems ridiculously unnecessary for them, especially considering they have an app that clearly had the necessary functionality to not require the physical card around anymore, all they'd have to do is include the number in the email they already sent me after buying the Bahncard. But instead they're sending a letter to California.

When I swipe to reload that page, it tells me I have to register first.

Just checked my emails: I received my first invoice one day after ordering the card. The invoice had the Bahncard number in it so maybe look again through your stuff. You should definitely have a number assigned to you at this point.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Oh yeah, that worked, thanks!

Well, it worked for registration, the app still doesn't show the Bahncard, but maybe it'll show up eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Phoenix überträgt die britische Parlamentssitzung.

Wenn man sich sowas anschauen möchte