Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Brought To You By posted:

I'm comparing how silly the idea of stacking power ups has become in both series. Ichigo's hollow form had narrative weight and was well executed much like the workshop battle leading up to the first thorn. But

Here's baam getting his what? 6th powerup in a handful of arc including two trips to the rice cooker, a 2nd thorn, a country of souls, something from the Sim world maybe I blotted that one out? Now this? Say monomyth all you want I still think there are limits to how much poo poo you can shove into a character before it starts to make my eyes roll.

If I'm wrong to think a main character shouldn't become a checklist of abilities you keep ticking sue me. :colbert:

How exactly do you expect him to fight the strongest man in the world without powerups? Especially since that dude is very aware of Baam's existence?

I don't know what genre you think you're reading if you weren't okay with heaping power ups on the main character, though. That's been the premise since very early on. ToG was just refreshingly upfront about Baam's unique powers, what makes him special, and eventually why he is special. It certainly handled the mysterious circumstances of his strengths better than most shonen.

The Thorns are things he earned. The Workshop Battle and FoD are both great arcs and Baam being rewarded for incredibly dangerous day saving is what shonen heroes are all about. They're also really key story components tying into the overarching story. We know the deal with the Thorns, they're named in Baam's ongoing prophecy, one of the few things actually named in it (Baam, Arlene, Enryu, Zahard, V, and the Thorn!).

I get that the Souls are a tossed in power up but he doesn't even use that power because he doesn't feel morally right doing so after the White showdown. The only thing that happened in the sim world was a training arc. He wasn't granted any bullshit powerups, he just started using his power better. He made his own techniques from scratch. Less a power up and more just...why wouldn't Baam have his own moves?

The two main powerups you missed were the Red and Blue Thyrssas, though he hasn't seemingly used those to any effect unless they're just generic powerups (They show up as his little ghosty horns when he's going all out but it's not that discernible). If you want to call those out for being lame hand outs then sure. But one of those didn't take any screen time.

And sure, if/when Baam can suddenly use Canine Person transformations it'll probably fall in the Thyrssa category but eh.

There's still a bunch of abilities, powers, and techniques we've seen that Baam can't or doesn't emulate despite his power being literally to emulate anything.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

So I also do kinda agree with Brought To You By in that the power-ups are kind of a lazy way to show growth but ehhh it's either that or like objective power levels or something.

(Or just beating some dude's rear end, as just happened, using zero powerups)

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Power ups are just a fact of this kind of genre. They are going to happen, the only deciding factor about them is whether it is done in a justified way or a bad way. One of you is on one side of that line, the other is on...the other. I don't think either of you will change the other person's mind about their respective stance.

Anyway, for my worthless comedy forum poster response to talking about FUG, imagine waiting literal thousands of years for the prophesied savior of your life to arrive, the one that will destroy the status quo and take revenge for all that you've been through, that will justify all the lovely and morally dubious decisions you've ever made in these thousands of years of waiting and plotting, and he just goes "you guys are kind of shite, no thx" and walks off to do adventures in a game format with his harem of pretty boys and girls. I'm sincerely hoping some variant of this happens when Baam finally meets Luslec later on.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

There's a reasonable mix of hard earned power ups through what I consider good storytelling and some worse, more generic power ups. But where ToG gets it right is the most important power ups are pretty storytelling related in the Thorns and Baam's history/prophecy explaining his blue magey-ness.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 3, 2019

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Two Tone Shoes posted:

How exactly do you expect him to fight the strongest man in the world without powerups? Especially since that dude is very aware of Baam's existence?
I'll get back to this

quote:

I don't know what genre you think you're reading if you weren't okay with heaping power ups on the main character, though. That's been the premise since very early on. ToG was just refreshingly upfront about Baam's unique powers, what makes him special, and eventually why he is special. It certainly handled the mysterious circumstances of his strengths better than most shonen.
What "genre" is this? If you're still putting this in the same one as star wars let me remind you that Luke Skywalker didn't show up to the super star destroyer with both force ghosts of Obi-wan and Yoda as familiars, filled with the souls of every one who died in Alderon, with a mechanical hand forged by Hatori Hanzo, and a lightsaber with a crystal made from a star eater.

And if you are putting this in the same "genre" as Hunter x Hunter, which is the series ToG was consistently compared too. I'll remind you that the MC only got 1 real powerup and he didn't even use it on the main villain of the longest and weightiest arc in the story so far.

What genre is this story a part of? And why are you consistently missing my point that it's not the fact that he's got powerups, it's that SIU is getting lazy and ridiculous with it? Early on Baam got an ignition weapon and a bunch of friends. He was already strong but didn't realize how deep that well went and it wasn't until the timeskip that any real inclination of him starting to hoard powers inside of him. Most people just commented that his potential and affinity towards shinsu was insane.

quote:

I get that the Souls are a tossed in power up but he doesn't even use that power because he doesn't feel morally right doing so after the White showdown. The only thing that happened in the sim world was a training arc. He wasn't granted any bullshit powerups, he just started using his power better. He made his own techniques from scratch. Less a power up and more just...why wouldn't Baam have his own moves?
Let's not lose sight of the problem I'm perceiving here. The thorns weren't unearned and the training arcs are a staple of ToG just like everything being a game is a staple. But the fact is that every time Baam meets someone he needs a powerup at this point and after literal years of reading this story it's getting boring just how frequently this has started happening compared to previously when it really didn't happen at all. This is a problem more with season 2 of ToG than anything, the power escalation and scope of what's expected of Baam has gotten to the point where he won't manage if he doesn't get an injection every major encounter.

quote:

The two main powerups you missed were the Red and Blue Thyrssas, t
I'm not surprised I lost track of how many he's gotten so far.

quote:

There's still a bunch of abilities, powers, and techniques we've seen that Baam can't or doesn't emulate despite his power being literally to emulate anything.
Sure, but at the end of the day that wasn't my point. It's that much like Ichigo we've gotten to the point where listing off the number of powerups and stuff Baam has acquired is almost a parody of powerups gained in fiction.

As for How Baam is supposed to beat all these people without powerups. I don't think the story has to end with him dethroning Jahad just because a group of people want him too. If Baam's friends and mentors would stop being made into hostages he'd honestly gently caress off but they keep pulling him back further. There isn't an easy fix to this though since SIU has already put people like Jahad on the tier of reality warping so this is the fate of this story now. Baam is going to add more and more accessories to his final form every arc or so and that's how it will be until the end.

Maybe if the story can maneuver itself into a trajectory where a direct confrontation with Jahad isn't as inevitable as it might seem I could see there being a much earlier end to this clown car but I don't so I'll keep reading and grumbling when Baam gets puppy ears. Because my best guess is that Baam absorbing Doom's power is going to be a loophole with killing Doom but keeping the Canine race alive. Baam will just be the new vessel long enough to transfer that same power to Deng Deng or something while Doom gets mauled by his brother and Karaka.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Yeah man all it took was one training montage for Luke to take down the baddest motherfucker in the galaxy. Not a lot of power ups, but certainly just as preposterous and silly. But that's six hours compared to hundreds of chapters. If you think ToG is stretching on too long and SIU should've just gotten to the climax instead of escalating then alright but I think that's a disservice to ToG's worldbuilding work.

The genre is, ostensibly, action fantasy for boys. Typically referred to a shonen around here but that's japanese instead of korean so who knows. In a larger scope it falls under monomyth. I don't know why the hell you're bringing up HxH, but if you're using that to diss ToG then...what's the opposite of damning with faint praise? Praising with faint damnation? Sure, HxH is better. Gon got multiple powerups, though. Usually through training arcs, just like Baam. First learning Nen, then learning Hatsu, then learning to break his limits and I'm sure you know the rest. HxH also has the aspect of a couple of the arcs not even involving Gon very much (York New and everything since Chimera Ants) so he hasn't had to scale up each time...yet. HxH isn't a monomyth, though.

Baam needing to escalate absurdly is foundational to the story. It has been the premise since that fateful finale. And if you think the story's been poo poo since Rachel pushed him then alright, maybe you just don't like the kind of story this obviously is.

Baam has to beat Zahard because Zahard is going to loving kill him. AGAIN. It is not just what FUG wants him to do at this point. They're going to come to a head. He's the big bad at the end of the myth. He's the Emperor. He's Agent Smith. Maybe SIU will spin it a different way to subvert the trope but I don't know why you'd expect or even want a different trajectory.

If you are pre-emptively upset that Baam is going to stop a genocide and a racewide loss of free will then okay man. Weird thing to know you're going to grumble about.

This was never going to be your story if you can't stand a main character who gets a lot of power ups. You probably should've stopped reading at the very beginning of Season 2.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 3, 2019

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 207 days!
Man, being two stories ahead is worth the money just to laugh at arguments like this.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Yeah man all it took was one training montage for Luke to take down the baddest motherfucker in the galaxy. Not a lot of power ups, but certainly just as preposterous and silly. But that's six hours compared to hundreds of chapters.
You realize that Luke didn't even beat the emperor right? And it was 2 1/2 movies before Luke even arrived at that point not a single training montage.

quote:

If you think ToG is stretching on too long and SIU should've just gotten to the climax instead of escalating then alright but I think that's a disservice to ToG's worldbuilding work.
No, I just think that's it's gone on long enough to be predictable and repetitive in some areas. Like the omnipresent need to have games to justify why Regulars don't get steamrolled by rankers and instead have to either fight people on severe handicaps or fight the ranker minions of a particular person. Which is completely true.

quote:

The genre is, ostensibly, action fantasy for boys. Typically referred to a shonen
Shonen is not a genre, it will never be a genre. Why do people keep calling it a genre? Leave it as an action fantasy I get that, but not shonen. That's why I brought up HxH because I thought that was the angle. And I still don't get why monomyth is your word of the day here. I don't remember Joseph Campbell talking about shoving 8+ powers into a single vessel as part of the hero's journey.

quote:

If you are pre-emptively upset that Baam is going to stop a genocide and a racewide loss of free will then okay man. Weird thing to know you're going to grumble about.
This again is a huge leap to make because I said Baam was comparable to Ichigo. I can see why Baam being able to absorb the canine powers could also be used to solve another major dilemma for this arc with minimal long-term problems and to empower people like Deng Deng who has lived in terrible conditions. That wasn't a complaint that was me calling my shot Babe Ruth style and it would mean that maybe Baam doesn't even need to keep the canine powers as he'd merely be an intermediary for transfer. Only the people with early access to chapters can say for sure.

quote:

And if you think the story's been poo poo since Rachel pushed them then alright, maybe you just don't like the kind of story this obviously is.

quote:

This was never going to be your story if you can't stand a main character who gets a lot of power ups. You probably should've stopped reading at the very beginning of Season 2.
What's the word for people who only see things in binary terms of love or hate? Because you seem to be confused that I can read a story, have problems with parts of it, and keep going anyways because I have stuff I still like and I also want to see the ending. If the hell train arc didn't turn me off for as plodding as it was, if Rachel not getting any comeuppance for years and killing off one of my favorite characters didn't stop me, why would Baam being a clown car of ancient powers be the straw to break my back?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Season 1, Episode 2, Baam is given the greatest Needle in the entire Tower. If you didn't know where this story was going then, you are bad at stories.

e: By a princess that falls from the sky and tells him he'll grow up to be handsome.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 3, 2019

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

You realize that Luke didn't even beat the emperor right? And it was 2 1/2 movies before Luke even arrived at that point not a single training montage.

No, I just think that's it's gone on long enough to be predictable and repetitive in some areas. Like the omnipresent need to have games to justify why Regulars don't get steamrolled by rankers and instead have to either fight people on severe handicaps or fight the ranker minions of a particular person. Which is completely true.

Shonen is not a genre, it will never be a genre. Why do people keep calling it a genre? Leave it as an action fantasy I get that, but not shonen. That's why I brought up HxH because I thought that was the angle. And I still don't get why monomyth is your word of the day here. I don't remember Joseph Campbell talking about shoving 8+ powers into a single vessel as part of the hero's journey.

This again is a huge leap to make because I said Baam was comparable to Ichigo. I can see why Baam being able to absorb the canine powers could also be used to solve another major dilemma for this arc with minimal long-term problems and to empower people like Deng Deng who has lived in terrible conditions. That wasn't a complaint that was me calling my shot Babe Ruth style and it would mean that maybe Baam doesn't even need to keep the canine powers as he'd merely be an intermediary for transfer. Only the people with early access to chapters can say for sure.

What's the word for people who only see things in binary terms of love or hate? Because you seem to be confused that I can read a story, have problems with parts of it, and keep going anyways because I have stuff I still like and I also want to see the ending. If the hell train arc didn't turn me off for as plodding as it was, if Rachel not getting any comeuppance for years and killing off one of my favorite characters didn't stop me, why would Baam being a clown car of ancient powers be the straw to break my back?

Because the cycle of failure and quest to gain power to beat the big bad guy who's tormenting you is the fundamental point of the monomyth. It's the word of the day because you're complaining about a functional part of a pretty typical storytelling narrative. Darth Vader was the big bad rear end guy at the end that had been tormenting Luke and Co. and Luke beat him. Then the largely non-present emperor showed up to give us some redemption.

It wasn't 2 1/2 movies. Luke got smashed by Vader at the end of episode 5, then beat him in episode 6 after completing his training with Yoda. Insert Futurama Balls Joke here.

It seems your main issue is...the number of power ups? Or the way Baam gets them? I just don't get the Bleach comparisons because the shoddy, awful thing about Bleach is not really how ToG has gone about it. Bleach wrote itself into corners and retcons every arc whereas ToG has the decency to establish that the world is big, the threats are numerous, nearly unending, and enormous in scope, and the path is necessarily long and arduous. I can get it being repetitive but I feel like that was signed up for a long time ago and complaining about it now is like complaining about grass growing.

And HxH, despite being action fantasy like ToG or Bleach, is a genre mishmash from arc to arc which is part of the charm. I guess "shonen" isn't a genre, but it is descriptive of the fiction in the same way calling something "pulp" is. If I told you a story was a shonen story you could probably come to some conclusions about it, or consume it and verify if the description was right. If it's not a genre then what is it? A description of media?

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 3, 2019

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Eh it's a pretty fair complaint to level that some of the power ups were received in boring ways, that didn't tie into the greater story in a well integrated manner.

The frequency with which those have happened has increased, and I also rolled my eyes at doom trying to "mind control" Baam instead of killing him.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Sure, but it's certainly nowhere close to as stupid as Bleach got and, in general, I think it handles it on the better side of most stories in the same category.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I always just figured Baam's power is that he attracts, absorbs, and integrates pretty much everything into himself. From techniques and power-ups to people and connections.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Two Tone Shoes posted:

It's the word of the day because you're complaining about a functional part of a pretty typical storytelling narrative.
I'm complaining because when your main character looks like this.

And the thoughts of fluffy dog ears doesn't seem strange. Maybe we should take a moment to introspect on how we got here. And for the umpteenth time, just because you can say it's a part of a narrative structure doesn't mean it's well executed which even you admit this story hasn't consistently nailed on some of these power ups. It's not a valid defense by itself to claim monomyth and pretend that's all that matters.

quote:

It wasn't 2 1/2 movies. Luke got smashed by Vader at the end of episode 5, then beat him in episode 6 after completing his training with Yoda. Insert Futurama Balls Joke here.
Sorry, I was talking about Luke's entire journey through the original trilogy in that line. Even still the fact that Luke manages to beat Vader is fine what's your problem with him spending two movies training, getting beat because he left early, and then winning on his second attempt? As well as the changes to Vader's own demeanor during the final battle. That's good writing at play even if it's a simple and archetypical story.

quote:

It seems your main issue is...the number of power ups?
It's a compound issue, he's accumulating a large list of powerups all because things escalated to the point where he needs to be a minor reality warper to stay afloat. So the story has to keep shoving these doo-dads into him at regular intervals just to keep up with the people who aren't on the level of reality warping themselves (doom is next on the list). Maybe doom won't be a completely prideful person and try a second time to force feed Baam his canine powers. But even if he doesn't it won't change the fact that the next major antagonist Baam meets will also trigger a new need for another boost in power because we know that's what's going to have to happen.

All this, because Tite Kubo is a hack and I wanted to take the piss out of SIU being just as ridiculous if not in this upcoming fight, than in some of his more recent instances of beefing Baam up. It doesn't matter that ToG is better written overall, we've reached the point of equal absurdity.

quote:

If it's not a genre then what is it? A description of media?
It's a descriptor for the target demographic of a magazine and nothing more. It's clear there are trends that are consistent across specific publications and within the market as a whole as writers and publishers chase what is popular and recycle tropes, but treating shonen as a genre just means muddling up what genre even means. This is like how Seinen is "supposed" to be a demographic for older boys to men, and you can get stories like Kaiju Girl Caramelise which people would call a shoujo series since it's the story of a young girl's first love and her dealing with her first crush. She also turns into a giant godzilla-like monster but that's not the point. You could tell me a story is a shonen and that can give me information on what to expect, but it's still not a genre in any technical sense.
Volume 1 of Kaiju Girl is a fun read, more people should give it a look

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
Can you all just loving stop.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Soon Baam will absorb the power of shitposting.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 207 days!

nimby posted:

He will destroy Jahad with tweets, which unfortunately will rarely be easy to translate properly.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Hodgepodge posted:

He will destroy Jahad with tweets, which unfortunately will rarely be easy to translate properly.

Baam destroying Jahad while backed up with 140 characters? I can see that happening, yeah.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I want Baam to look like a katamari ball at the end

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

He’s a growing boy he needs to eat

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Because the cycle of failure and quest to gain power to beat the big bad guy who's tormenting you is the fundamental point of the monomyth. It's the word of the day because you're complaining about a functional part of a pretty typical storytelling narrative. Darth Vader was the big bad rear end guy at the end that had been tormenting Luke and Co. and Luke beat him. Then the largely non-present emperor showed up to give us some redemption.

It seems your main issue is...the number of power ups? Or the way Baam gets them? I just don't get the Bleach comparisons because the shoddy, awful thing about Bleach is not really how ToG has gone about it. Bleach wrote itself into corners and retcons every arc whereas ToG has the decency to establish that the world is big, the threats are numerous, nearly unending, and enormous in scope, and the path is necessarily long and arduous. I can get it being repetitive but I feel like that was signed up for a long time ago and complaining about it now is like complaining about grass growing.

And HxH, despite being action fantasy like ToG or Bleach, is a genre mishmash from arc to arc which is part of the charm. I guess "shonen" isn't a genre, but it is descriptive of the fiction in the same way calling something "pulp" is. If I told you a story was a shonen story you could probably come to some conclusions about it, or consume it and verify if the description was right. If it's not a genre then what is it? A description of media?

I think also people don't pay attention to the fact that years have passed in the story's narrative. Each floor can take months or even longer to clear, we see only snapshots of important events in the tale of Baam and the rest and not the months training, or exploring... or caught in a stupid game sitting on a flag to keep someone else from capping (I'm sure this has happened to them at least once given the tower's bullshit rules)

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

My only complaint with this new potential power up is that we haven't even seen Baam go full power since his last training montage with Evankhell. We know he has spent the last... 5? Years training, but know nothing about where he is (except that he can beat a ranker sans thorn) and yet he is already getting more power poured into him. It would be nice if we actually got a chance to see him going all out before he gets More Power.

End of the day, stealing power ups from outside sources is kinda literally Baam's talent. He can learn anything he has been hit with that isn't a Super Unique Skill, that's his whole ability. It just happens to apply to a lot of the non attacks he touches too.

That said, I don't think that Doom's actions indicate stupidity on his part fully. they've mentioned a few times in the past that Baam seems to flow through Shinshu, and it through him, rather than the typical non-irregular reaction being it oppressing and being blocked by a resistance.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 3, 2019

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

nimby posted:

Oh man I actually laughed out loud at work. I'm glad this thread is seeing some action again.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Just to add to the powerups pile - don't forget Baam also has Black March inside him and there is the prophecy about "true master" reuniting the 13 swords to unlock the highest floors so let's look forward to Baam Pincushion Edition :v:

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Bernardo Orel posted:

Just to add to the powerups pile - don't forget Baam also has Black March inside him and there is the prophecy about "true master" reuniting the 13 swords to unlock the highest floors so let's look forward to Baam Pincushion Edition :v:

I thought Yuri has both Black March and Green April? Or did she give Black March back to Baam after going insane from trying to ignite both of them at once?

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

She threw it at him during that giant battle at the end of the hell train and then Bam ate her. She's presumably chilling with the bigass orb, some demon things, fake viole, and whatever else is in there at this point

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He's still got whatever that lobster was lol

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The thing from the beginning of the season? Did that ever get explained?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I legit think SIU forgot about that thing, and thus it will never be explained, but can be assumed to be a FUG thing.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
If you mean the Fake Thorn, that was given to him to help prepare him to be melted down into a sword. If you mean the Red Thryssa, it's a fragment of the old Guardian of the Floor of Death.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

I'm pretty sure the blue demon is just a blue version of the red Thryssa. It's why/how FUG had a secret drug to extract it from someone (hello Baam) and why the Red Thryssa thought Baam was very similar to it, since he had that power in his little cavalcade. I'm not sure it was explicitly said, though.

They also have the same attitude. "USE MY POWER TO DESTROY EVERYTHING I'M THE BEST AND MOST POWERFUL" The juxtaposition being Baam denying to rely on purely it and instead hone his own abilities while Joe reveled in his easily gotten power.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 5, 2019

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Your making this about quality but I think power ups over the story are pretty ham fisted and badly implemented. The core of the issue is that Baam is going to probably add k9 powers to his inventory and that's just as boring as ichigo being half quincy, half soul reaper, also part hollow making him a vizard as well as being a full bringer.

Baam can have his justifications but I still think it's dumb.

My main issue with Baam's power-ups is that that sort of plot device kinda requires de-emphasizing combat as an element in the story, since there's little tension to the direct fights that involve Baam. Baam succeeding is kinda the obvious thing since he's literally destined to do so, so it's more interesting to see what he chooses to do (other than defeating Jahad or whatever) and how other characters react to that.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

The thing from the beginning of the season? Did that ever get explained?

This is the most we got about it so far:
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-43/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=123

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-26/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=444

Edit: Evankhell is really super quickly climbing the ranks of my favorite characters

Hirethor fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 9, 2019

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Huh, I could have sworn the translation used to use female pronouns for Evankhell

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The translation is bad and siu confirmed in a blog post she's a woman

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

I mean, you can see the bosom bulge even in this chapter (which had the bad translation).

Bad translation + SIU pulling a fast one with Hansung ages ago made the misconception happen.

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Sep 9, 2019

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

No discussion at all about how Yama is BOSS and also a very cool and chill dude

Who is utterly immune to your shinsu if you have even the slightest drop of fear towards him

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So if you're bitch made, you can't fight Yama at all. I like that. "just shut up Paul, I'm talking"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yama's power is like a Jojo's stand out of nowhere

I'm really curious how this is going to end without all the dog people dying.