Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

VANCE HARDPEC, everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I can't not see that as a

Kitala posted:

Unrelated, I thought Pro had a weird mustache in his angry face portrait until I realized it’s supposed to be his mouth.
yeah, exactly.

Blarghalt posted:

I truly, truly want to see what kind of "pose" Seibar strikes that implies she's in deep thought.
the obvious answer is the same hand on chin pose that literally everyone else does

but gently caress that

in my skul-gun, Seibar grabs both sides of her coghead as if pulling on the opening, and waits until someone realizes they're being goatse'd.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Pro's coloring and shading is so weird in most of his poses, like a photo that got overexposed during development - really too light and desaturated in places.

And then there's again, Klace's utter inability to create tension or stakes, like why do we care about these two randos having an argument, and again - just taking forever to get to the drat point.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

...why is converting the tavern into a barracks such a huge deal? It's a hotel. It already has loads of small basic bedrooms. Just have the soldiers move in. What 'conversion' is necessary and why does one guy have to be kicked out when the building is huge?

Also goddamnit Klace if you hadn't pissed off half the furry artists on the net by now maybe you could have found one who can draw literally anything except wolves the same wolf over and over again. Most of the cast are pale wolves with blue and pink accents and identical physiques in the same pose, and since the poo poo writing doesn't give them any personality either we've got no chance of remembering who most of them are.

Then again Klace's fursona is a pale wolf-husky-thing with blue and pink accents, so maybe it's deliberate and instead of a self-insert this time he has an entire tribe of clones.

Epicmissingno posted:

I'd like to think it looks something like this, given what all the other characters seem to be doing in their thinking poses.

New board emote, anyone?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

This LP is going to give me encephalitis, I can feel it.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Samovar posted:

This LP is going to give me encephalitis, I can feel it.

If you haven't drilled a hole in your skull in preparation for reading this LP, what are you even doing here?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
If anything this LP should make you lose brain matter at an alarming rate, honestly.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

If anything this LP should make you lose brain matter at an alarming rate, honestly.

The doctors said I've been medically brain dead since 2017. They have no idea what's keeping me alive.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
Every one of these characters looks like a mascot from a defunct breakfast cereal.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Blarghalt posted:

The doctors said I've been medically brain dead since 2017. They have no idea what's keeping me alive.

spite?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Black Robe posted:

Also goddamnit Klace if you hadn't pissed off half the furry artists on the net by now maybe you could have found one who can draw literally anything except wolves the same wolf over and over again. Most of the cast are pale wolves with blue and pink accents and identical physiques in the same pose, and since the poo poo writing doesn't give them any personality either we've got no chance of remembering who most of them are.

The artist doesn't usually get a whole lot of say in someone else's character's design, beyond agreeing to do the art.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

That is true, but there's usually ways to make characters with similar palettes and shapes distinctive (ZUN manages this despite not being a great artist himself and having a huge load of characters) - and the fact they all share the exact same poses only makes things even more confusing.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

"Hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure." - Lich Lord Blarghalt

Robindaybird posted:

That is true, but there's usually ways to make characters with similar palettes and shapes distinctive (ZUN manages this despite not being a great artist himself and having a huge load of characters) - and the fact they all share the exact same poses only makes things even more confusing.

You're very right about ZUN, his stuff isn't the greatest in terms of mechanical chops, but he has a really strong personal style and sense of design. His characters have a unified feel while at the same time standing apart from each other. Touhous stands out from each other in a group, their colors and costume bits pop, and failing that they have funny hats or ribbons that make them readily identifiable.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
So I just wanna mention that the way Pro's mouth works in some of those expressions would imply that it actually is flat and at the base of his muzzle rather than being a part of it. Also a big reason why all these designs blend together so much is because the "lighting" on them pretty much makes them all very similarily washed out with only really blues sticking out.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Mechanical Ape posted:

Every one of these characters looks like a mascot from a defunct breakfast cereal.

This is probably the best and most concise description possible. Well done.

BleiddWhitefalcon
Jul 30, 2014

Blarghalt posted:

Sheer hatred for Klace?

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Ahaha, this is back?

We cannot escape

Embrace neon

Because of the way this artist shades their wolves, I thought for a while that Ulric's shaded cheeks and chin were a sort of five o'clock beard on top of his fur. I think it would have been a more interesting character design if so.

But man, the art in this is hard to look at because everyone has the same drat poses! Pro has the same Maya-hands-to-face pose that Valessa does, never mind all the hands to chin "thought" images.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

yeah, the fact the artist used the same stock poses for almost everyone really makes it much harder to tell similarly designed/colored characters apart, and it becomes extremely distracting once you notice it.

Then throw in Klace's utter inability to write distinctive character voices (because he acts as though he's being paid by the word).

At least Amethyst had difference voices - granted, only about 3-4 different voices.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Olive Branch posted:

Because of the way this artist shades their wolves, I thought for a while that Ulric's shaded cheeks and chin were a sort of five o'clock beard on top of his fur. I think it would have been a more interesting character design if so.

But man, the art in this is hard to look at because everyone has the same drat poses! Pro has the same Maya-hands-to-face pose that Valessa does, never mind all the hands to chin "thought" images.

It, uh.... it isn't?

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Chapter 7: You'll Yiff Your Eye Out

We immediately go into another one of Sovy's side stories, where he is apparently sailing to Greenland.

Master, are you okay?

Of course.

There it is again - that dismissive tone. I can tell when something is wrong, you know. There's no need to lie. I'm your Apprentice.

It's nothing, Halin.

They've ordered Sovy to loot Dublin, when he knows Paris is a much better target.

Very perceptive. Leave me alone.

Sovy, you're acting like a child.

Sovy sighed as he unbuckled his chest belt

Please tell me. I want to help you, Sovy. I stand by your side, no matter what.

Are you sure about that, Halin?

Of course. You don't have to tell me what they've said, Sovy. But at least tell me what you're feeling.

Folk will act strange when the scurvy starts setting in. It's the way of the sea.

That's just the scurvy.

There's not really a lot of outlets on the high seas except getting drunk and carving scrimshaw. Also, I like the image of Halin still on the boat in full plate armor while Sovy is still going shirtless, his chest bare to the free, salty air.

I mean, you work for an Evil Empire. You kind of just assume people don't have retirement plans.

I like how Klace just can't stick to definitions. Are the Triumvirate gods, or did they just create the world, or do people just think they're gods? When was it ever established they're worshipped?

Yeah, but Sovy phrased it more cryptically. That's why he's in charge! :buddy:

So previously it seemed like Halin was having doubts, and now both of them do. So I guess this means when we finally meet them, they throw each other down the pit of the Furry Death Star.

Anyway, that scene ends and we switch to another one. Also, I'm not entirely sure what's going on in the window there. Are there a bunch of emerald power lines outside, or did someone run their green ship with a dozen masts aground?

Gryz's pose here very much does not give me the impression he's making himself clear. It makes it look like he's just confused himself.

Also, I want to draw attention to the map on the right, which is very clearly just a map of England.

And here's Furry Big Boss, who dreams of a world where furries live under no government except their own. Outer FurAffinity.

And when they come, the Diamond Dogs Neon Fursuits will be there to stop them!

Remember: this will be a sneaking mission. You'll be given no weapons, and a sneaking suit that will make your butt look big.

The St Nazaire Raid this isn't.

Oh, Alex is a pirate. I didn't guess it from that sad shirt he was wearing. You're a pirate, man! Flaunt it!

A pirate Alex was meant to be, trim the sails and roam the sea.

But nothing quite beats standing on a fast-rigged galleon's bow!

Gryz offers an alternative,
but his words are surely hollow
Alex wants only gold
And treasure maps to follow!

Helping them plunder treasure fleets fresh from New Granada!

Alex is loyal to his crew
That's obvious to see
An uncle to his men
A real pirate to a tee

His ship just drifts like the coming of the tide!

Privateering is quite is tempting
And it can pay pretty fair
But nothing quite beats freedom
The wild life of a corsair!

Alright, enough Monkey(Island)ing around. Gryz is apparently attempting to convince Alex the Pirate to join them.

Not a Pirate Queen, though. A Pirate Chairman. A Pirate President-for-Life. A Pirate Systems Administrator.

Because historically if there's one thing pirates hate, it's the promise of a big payday.

(earlier)

So, we're harming the pirates, right?

Oh yeah. 100% hanging them all after this is over.

And if there's another thing pirates love, it's joining totalitarian empires for basically no reason.

I'm curious what place there is for pirates in Alestia.

The pirates demand a lifetime supply of rum, on tap. Wenches, wonches, and all the tricorn hats you can muster.

People very easily switch sides in this game.

Anyway, Seibar exits spectator mode or whatever that's supposed to be and goes back to the bar, where Pro starts up a conversation.

I like how this implies that they never thought to think to find someone to cover for Zamira while he's gone, or better yet, he's the only person who's actually capable of what he does.

Oh yeah, I guess that was your job. I'm glad to see that you got everything done. Did you happen to...touch that sword, by any chance?

Absolutely not. I kept it under wraps the entire time. We put it in The Grand Tree for safekeeping.

Good idea. I'm just really curious. Damek was able to use, however briefly. And not only that, but he had a vision too.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Didn't you guys find a new spirit idol in Mazeo?

Talks about it in his sleep, writes stuff along the walls, constantly mumbles it under his breath. You know, normal stuff.

Well, isn't it inside your new HQ?

Yeah, now that you mention it.

Didn't Damek frequent those underground tunnels? Maybe he was exposed to some level of spiritual energy. At least enough to let him have a vision, or something.

I...don't think that's how it works.

Zamira challenges a lot of what we understand about character design.

Alright, your tehory has merit. It's really odd - but it makes sense. Can you even imagine if it was true...?

Maybe that's why Damek wants to harness its power. Giving regular people visions? He'd have an army of Seers. There's no way The Triumvirate could fight back against that.

Whoa...Hey, how'd you learn about this stuff anyway?

I overheard a few things, that's all. No one is leaking intel or anything.

In a world of furries, 'mole' meaning what it does raises some questions. Or does everything just operate on Bojack Horseman logic?

Hey, you were working with Seibar?

Yeah, something like that. It lasted all a couple hours.

What do you think about her?

I honestly have no idea. It's hard to believe that our fate rests upon one person. I don't think I could put my faith in somebody that way.

Why not?

I like how they're talking about Seibar as if she's literally not standing right there.

Yeah, but faith is all about risk. You believe in spite of overwhelming odds. You fight, even when everything tells you to stop.

Hmm...

You don't have to agree, but it's true. Without faith, The Rebellion wouldn't even be here. Alestia would remain under The Triumvirate's grasp forever.

You have a point, Ulric. It's impressive that you've come this far.

Believe in Seibar, for she shall smite you at the first sign of disobedience or doubt.

That's the words of someone who doesn't make it through this.

A feel like buttering up a furry would be a bad idea. Just washing the stuff out would be a nightmare

I'm torn between whether I dislike this guy's permanently stoned expression or his frosted tip hair. Hell, even his name seems like the kind of name a frosted tip hair guy would have.

Imminent domain, rear end in a top hat! :buddy:

I'm sure some other village can find Zamira to idly stand around the gate and nothing else

Wait, so...Mazeo got occupied by The Triumvirate, but also it's ruled by pirates and the robed guys are apparently fine with this?

???

I don't even know what this is supposed to mean. 'Look in all the places you want to look first'?

I'm still lost as to why this guy loses his job. As comments in the thread mentioned after the last update, this tavern already has rooms; it's a tavern. Why does Airen need to get kicked out over that?

Sounds like COMMUNISM! :bahgawd:

Your travern shall serve the people and be given a glorious monument in the Victory Square once the revolution is complete. :ussr:

That is, we'll need more people to mop up vomit.

The red, jolly, candylike button compels me to click it, and so I do.

And all it does it just tell us dialogue is different because of a previous decision. Hey Klace, you're not supposed to tell us this. You sort of just figure it out naturally from characters actually referencing your choice.

So we've basically established at this point that the Rebellion, at least in its infancy, openly used child soldiers.

This is the same occupation that killed a lot of civilians in Mazeo, but apparently the Triumvirate couldn't be hosed to uproot the goddamn pirate confederacy that operates out of it.

Tell us about Ulric, and how he seems to grow an extra set of abs every time we meet him.

So, is this Alarinthia place ruled by trial by combat? Even then I'm not so sure Ulric would actually take over, considering he didn't last five loving seconds against Sovy.

War criminal, got it.

If this is anything like Major\Minor, you mean he's going to dump his entire sadsack story on us, in one sitting, completely unprompted.

Why do I get the feeling Ulric is just gonna be our Worf and only ever get the poo poo kicked out of him?

Seibar and Ulric agree to a friendly sparring match. Seibar, to establish dominance, eats the sword in front of Ulric. He awkwardly backs away and mumbles an excuse that he has to be somewhere else.

I love this. Pro's pissed that Ulric lost a fight in a dream.

I feel like all you'd need to deal with Ulric is like one crossbow.

Mind you, everyone talks about the vision Seibar had as if it actually happened, and as if the writer forgot it's still a future event.

Why not just give it to us directly or hold onto the drat thing?

Peregrino is also like, evidently less than a day from the village, so is it even really safe? Then again, this game's outright said the average Honor Guard are whatever could be defeated by a literal toddler, so who knows.

You do realize the difference between a barracks and like, an actual defensible fortress, right?

I'm not gonna squeeze out every drop of dialogue out of every single character, so we move on to looking around and clickin' on poo poo.

Good job Fortaime, just scarf down anything that enters your field of vision like you're a loving catfish

Apples are treason, citizen.

Couldn't someone just get some seeds and plant them elsewhere? This isn't like smuggling salt in France.

The 'Lopper Model 9. You know the original model was just meant for executions? They've come a long way since then.

It thirsts for blood. For vengeance. To taste the coppery crimson water of a living being. Heaven brings forth innumerable things to nurture furrykind.
Furrykind has nothing good with which to recompense Heaven. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill.

Ulric, you're scaring me.

Get my crazy pills and just pour the entire goddamn bottle down my throat. And I'd be quick about it, before I start seeing demons in that fireplace.

If you must know, it's mine. Use to threaten people behind on their tab.

Freshly-squeezed from the strongest horses! :buddy:

It's all in the abs.

Let's stare into the fire and dream of a perfect world where the flames have spread to every corner of this forsaken land.

Vailnorth has no need for fire! Fire is witchcraft! Burn the fire! :argh:

This is the weirdest take on climage change I've ever seen.

I assume they lost a bet.

"Here be dragons" they write on the unmapped parts of the globe, "because there's anthro dragons everywhere."

Seibar runs out of things to torture herself with on the ground floor, so she retires to a room for the night. A room that apparently comes with a complementary sword.

I feel like the amount of fight scenes in this game can be counted on one hand.

Seibar quickly banishes these feelings of altruism.

could we not

Seibar glares at the intruders in her room, shaving five years off their lifespan

You mean the whole minute since Seibar walked upstairs?

Yeah, we both came to the same conclusion. This isn't an order - it's more of a..."polite demand".

Seibar? You need to choose the next Elder of Valinorth?

You have a lot on your plate. You can't handle everything responsibily . Valinorth's future requires nothing but the utmost care and attention. We can't expect you to lead Valinorth and train with that blade.

We wouldn't feel comfortable leaving Peregrino without a new Elder. Someone needs to plot Valinorth's future, and make choices along the way. Considering you'll be busy with The Rebellion, we can't you to elect one of us.

Alright. So.

This is completely loving insane.

They barge into your lovely tavern room, when they'd know you're trying to sleep, to demand you pick one of them to be the loving Elder, which remember, they both argued over like children when it first came up. But now they're united in Seibar's word apparently being law. For gently caress's sake, you don't say you'll have to make a decision down the road and then just have it happen almost no time later; that's not how it works!

Not to mention these two assholes are, presumably, going to be with Seibar the entire time, so how the hell are they going to do any Elder-ing anyway? It makes no goddamn sense and adf;lasjdkf;alkjgh;aljwekgh

what burden? It really didn't seem like Mylus' gig was hard.

This is so revealing that the writer doesn't know how people act. All they know is that the main character has to make a decision RIGHT loving NOW because we can't let the player actually consider a choice, can we?

I like how Valessa doubles down and goes 'WE ARE THE ONLY CANDIDATES'.

You what a team doesn't do? Kick in their friend's door and force a decision on them as they're trying to sleep.

Please don't tell me you two are going to camp in here.

First, Seibar would like to talk about the quickest way you can get the gently caress out of her room.

But that sadly isn't an option, so we go for the closest thing.

When was it ever established that Seibar will be in any kind of command role for The Rebellion? Literally the only reason the Rebellion wants her is to tap into her spooky prophetic powers with the stupid sword.

Cool, just remove any agency the player has.

This is the shittiest coup I've ever seen.

I like how they even go out of their way to establish this choice doesn't have stakes by saying there's no wrong choice.

Yeah, some restraining orders.

You know what? I got a feeling if I asked them why they want to be Elder, they'd just repeat what they said last time, so let's just get down to it.

Valessa, you're getting chosen by virtue of I'm assuming you're older and also gently caress Fortnite.

Valessa will be a friendly fascist. A tyrant you can trust.

Keep in mind we have basically no connection to Valinorth other than it being this village that may also be a country.

Yessss, Fortnite. Let the hate flow through you. :yeshaha:

I don't think Valessa knows how diplomacy works.

Damek is the leader of an insurgency, not the leader of a country, Valessa.

Are they implying Fornite is illiterate here

When was that ever established?

First order of business, Valessa: I want you to form the Valinorthian Secret Police and then immediately arrest yourself and Fornite and get the gently caress out of Seibar's room

I mean really, you're still doing that.

It's great how despite him and Valessa getting into an argument over this earlier, he's just instantly over it when he gets passed over for the promotion.

Please. Both of you. Leave.

Why are you still here.

I sincerely doubt that.

I'm still not exactly sure what we decided. I'm almost sure it doesn't matter.

Hopefully Pro and Ulric won't come barging in to demand our opinion on swords vs. axes or whatever the hell

Until I finish this LP, there can be no rest for Seibar, for I have chosen the path of perpetual torment.

Blarghalt fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Sep 5, 2019

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Good thing the next Nintendo Direct is here in under half an hour because that's what's currently pushing me to stay awake while reading this bullcrap.

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

Well, Valessa decided to nosedive down the likability chart. And yet, knowing Klace, she would have been this way without the power trip as well. Lucky us though, Fortnite gets to share our dreams now. :cry:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
How would lifting trade bans destroy piracy

How much does the writer think swords weigh

Were we ever made aware of any real differences between Fortaime and Valessa

What the gently caress was up with that entire sequence at the end

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I hate all of these characters everything.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
stop holding your chins. stop holding your chins! STOP IT! STOP!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

In the dark future of Major\Minor, the people are represented by two separate, but equally important groups: the chins, and the furries who hold them.

These are their stories.

:doink:

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
The pink inside of Pro's mouth looks like a human face peeking out from inside a giant fursuit head and it is grossing me out aaaaugh

megane
Jun 20, 2008

It boggles the mind that Klace wrote this scene and apparently didn't expect the player to utterly despise both of these people after it.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Picayune posted:

The pink inside of Pro's mouth looks like a human face peeking out from inside a giant fursuit head and it is grossing me out aaaaugh

It looks like the chicken animatronic from Five Nights at Freddy's, it's super weird

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Oxxidation posted:

Was it a clause in the artist's contract that hand + chin = thinky pose?

We're gonna get hoof on chin action I just know it.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Given how much of a pain Klace apparently is to work with, I wouldn't be surprised if the artist went lazy on the poses so they can get it done quickly and not have to deal with him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Robindaybird posted:

Given how much of a pain Klace apparently is to work with, I wouldn't be surprised if the artist went lazy on the poses so they can get it done quickly and not have to deal with him.

That was a similar theory that came up in the original M/M thread, if I recall. That the artist intentionally made every character physically painful to look at after having to deal with Klace and then ultimately getting screwed over by him.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Holy poo poo are those characters utterly forgettable. I can't even come up with ways to describe them.

At least M/M had Blue Hellsquirrel, Neon iPad rear end in a top hat, and Birdtits by now. This just has Furry Dogwolf 1 through 10 or so and that's basically it.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I can’t even tell what kind of animal most of them are supposed to be, they’re just weirdly-proportioned humans with ears and horns and muzzles glued on at random.

e: to be clear, this is definitely not all on the artist, who presumably got handed a ridiculous fifteen page description of somebody’s WoW ERP character and gave it a solid college try

megane fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Sep 5, 2019

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

1-1-2029, tonight the stars are shining bright
M\M's artwork was done by a fresh new DeviantArt creator, selected on the basis of how inexpensive she was. Most of what you get there is what an inexperienced artist was capable of doing on request. Characters created by donators and friends, like Rook T. Overferret, are blinding no matter who gets paid to draw them.

She was overworked and underpaid. "I'm paying you in exposure!" said Klace, while stealing backgrounds off the internet, before professional photographers contacted Valve and had his game de-listed.

This time around, every character is rendered in painfully harsh overhead light and unflattering poses, which suggests another inexpensive novice artist doing what they can do. At least the backgrounds are... nonsense, but generally pleasing to look at, and made for the game. Characters created by donators and friends are just as bad as ever.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

What sort of insane crapsack world do these idiot sparkledogs live in where apples are a rare luxury fruit that needs to be imported? Some form of apple can grow almost anywhere on the drat planet and every environment we've seen here has been a) a perfectly normal temperate forest biome and b) full of deus ex life magic.

On the plus side, pretty sure I remember that apple pips are toxic to dogs. Chow down you glittery fucks.

Also Fortnite and Vanessa are clearly both evil. Good job we're obviously just going to gently caress with them both as much as Klace's writing allows.

Maybe the pirates will at least be slightly more visually distinctive. At this point I'm rooting for Sovy purely because he's not a white cross-eyed wolf with neon blue and pink accents.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it

inthesto posted:

How would lifting trade bans destroy piracy

trade of certain goods is forbidden --> pirates acquire those goods and sell them on the dl, get paid
trade of those goods is allowed --> pirates lose lucrative business

maybe? idk, it's dumb, and pirate guy was shaping up to be the Lefty of this game (as in, he was the only character I could actually like) until he did a complete character 180 because Klace wanted him to say that thing at that point, regardless of organic characterization or interaction

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
God, this is so bad. It's a real struggle to read these updates despite Blarghalt's efforts because everything is so loving boring: cardboard characters using the same poses and speaking in the same voice, generic fantasy settings, abrupt scene changes -- this is worse than M/M.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Yeah, and why is every one of these fuckers are wolves except for Darth Sovy, Ex-Protagonist and Fortnite - did Klace manage to piss off almost every non-wolf furry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

rudecyrus posted:

God, this is so bad. It's a real struggle to read these updates despite Blarghalt's efforts because everything is so loving boring: cardboard characters using the same poses and speaking in the same voice, generic fantasy settings, abrupt scene changes -- this is worse than M/M.

You wanna know the best part? There's chunks I'm cutting out because they're just so inane and boring that I can't even think of anything funny to say, and deleting them doesn't subtract from the "experience".