Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

overmind2000 posted:

The Jojo fan wiki has a list of differences between the manga and movie

Actually, Dio transforming something into a giant castle through vampire magic is a good change and DavidPro should have used it.

Wtf are all these omissions lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it is known that Araki hated the Phantom Blood movie

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

"Robert E. O. Speedwagon is omitted."

What the actual gently caress

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Cao Ni Ma posted:

That should have been enough to cancel the movie but no, it just keeps going.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There was also apparently some really rough poo poo going on with the production, like one of their financiers died in a car accident and his wife took back all the money he put into the movie?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I’m really mad about this

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Remember when white snake covered the jojos in cum for no reason

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it was dream cum

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Araki...let me see Speed King’s true power...

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Surely Araki will not go back yet again to the well of time and transdimensional powers with a stand named Speed King.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Jobin, posing menacingly: My 「STAND」 スピード・キング can violate 「THERMODYNAMICS」!

ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ

JoJoLion Protagonists: ???

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

comedyblissoption posted:

Surely Araki will not go back yet again to the well of time and transdimensional powers with a stand named Speed King.

Speed King violates the second law of thermodynamics and will develop the ability to rewind time once Jobin eats the New Rokakaka. During the fight with Gappy he will explain the concept of Maxwell's Demon and how it applies to him.

This is 100% a serious guess, but if I'm right in any way I'll be super surprised.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

MachuPikacchu posted:

During the fight with Gappy he will explain the concept of Maxwell's Demon and how it applies to him.

I love it, this is what I want to see

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hell, at this point i'm probably just going to read through the rest of steel ball run. it's just two week's worth and i won't get mixed up on what's up in line anyways when it comes to thread discussion.

i wonder how many anime people actually joined in, though

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
There's a new chapter out. It's pretty good!

I cannot for the life of me get a read on fuckboy's motivation though, because he seems at the same time like he's real shady and real sincere at the same time, which is probably intentional.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I gotta say I'm mad that I didn't see how they got to the hospital coming.

It seems so obvious now.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
obv don't wanna say it in the sbr thread, but I love that the question of Valentine's morality and justice is "vague" enough that even Johnny grapples with it and starts to believe him

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Expect My Mom posted:

obv don't wanna say it in the sbr thread, but I love that the question of Valentine's morality and justice is "vague" enough that even Johnny grapples with it and starts to believe him

And then they attack him when he has the dimensional gap and it's just the most brutally horrifying examples of the toxicity of his plan

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Man, "Don't kill him?" is still really really good, as a moment.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The moment in the fight where Johnny starts crying and his trauma with his father comes back is so great. If Valentine loved his father this much, being inspired to do all of this in part because of him, then Valentine must be a good person. And that must make Johnny, who is hated and abandoned by his father, a completely awful person, right? And so how can Johnny possibly stand in Valentine's way? At that point, getting any version of Gyro back and walking away looks pretty great

I feel like there's so much that can be said and written about Part 7 as a story of generational trauma wrt to America, taking place after the Civil War and being a story that started three years after 9/11, as well as it's characters with Johnny, Gyro and Valentine receiving some sort of "heritage" that either propels them or they have to overcome

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 18, 2019

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

is that evil speedwagon

IS THAT EVIL SPEEDWAGON

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Patware posted:

is that evil speedwagon

IS THAT EVIL SPEEDWAGON

But that would mean that he's...189 years old! How is that possible!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I still want Tooru to be a red herring but it doesn't seem likely at this point. He's definitely connected to the head doctor and the rock humans somehow, maybe he even IS the head doctor and the old man is his stand or something.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

RatHat posted:

I still want Tooru to be a red herring but it doesn't seem likely at this point. He's definitely connected to the head doctor and the rock humans somehow, maybe he even IS the head doctor and the old man is his stand or something.

I was thinking that their faces looked a little similar. Look at the noses in particular.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

This is the Doppio/Diavolo twist but done in a completely not bad way. Tooru and the head doctor are two rock humans that share the same body and take turns sleeping. Their shared stand is the one that keeps showing up behind everyone. And the reason Tooru only has pictures of the doctor but never the two together is because he's made unaware of his bodies condition and only knows the doctor from the fabricated memories that protect him from realizing the truth of his nature.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I can't believe Yasuho's fuckboy ex is 89 years old.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Brought To You By posted:

This is the Doppio/Diavolo twist but done in a completely not bad way. Tooru and the head doctor are two rock humans that share the same body and take turns sleeping. Their shared stand is the one that keeps showing up behind everyone. And the reason Tooru only has pictures of the doctor but never the two together is because he's made unaware of his bodies condition and only knows the doctor from the fabricated memories that protect him from realizing the truth of his nature.

ah man this is completely it. I still want Josuke to have King Crimson though

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

That is an incredible theory and I hope you're right

If you ARE correct, I'm calling it now: Tooru starts pursuing the head doctor eventually, and his stand activates against himself. So they kinda trick the doctor into pursuing himself.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
do not pursue Tooru

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Getting purposely hosed up to the point of needing an ICU so you can smash a dudes face in is extremely good

Josuke is a good lad

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

oh? you're approaching me?

i got the poo poo beaten out of me to beat the poo poo out of you

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I'd love to see the police officer that has to turn in his report explaining how the suspect willingly entered the back of the patrol car after being found, and was then shot full of holes after being ordered to get out.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Aurora posted:

oh? you're approaching me?

i got the poo poo beaten out of me to beat the poo poo out of you

This is just the next evolution of "[gets kicked in the dick] you fool. you buffoon. getting kicked in the dick was my plan all along" and it rules

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Gruckles posted:

I'd love to see the police officer that has to turn in his report explaining how the suspect willingly entered the back of the patrol car after being found, and was then shot full of holes after being ordered to get out.

business as usual

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Aurora posted:

business as usual

"No really it was the rain. There was some weird poo poo going on"
Police chief gives him a big wink and a promotion

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Getting purposely hosed up to the point of needing an ICU so you can smash a dudes face in is extremely good

Josuke is a good lad

Part 8 Josuke is quickly becoming one of my favorite Jojos.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Josuke is a good lad

The idea of someone that's part-Kira using an ambulance to both save himself and ultimately others is a powerful one indeed

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it's been 89 frickin' chapters!!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gappy is hardcore to a degree even beyond Jolyne or Johnny. There is no obstacle int the world that can stand between him and kicking your (89 year-old) rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Gappy is hardcore to a degree even beyond Jolyne or Johnny. There is no obstacle int the world that can stand between him and kicking your (89 year-old) rear end.

He didn't kill that baby. I've said it before but Johnny would've killed the baby