Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Macksy posted:

Filthy gaijan MMA will never win against a TMA in a manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I kinda feel like that rule was broken at least once in Kenga asura but I can't remember

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

nerdz posted:

I kinda feel like that rule was broken at least once in Kenga asura but I can't remember

Does wrestling count because Seki pwned the Sumo dude there

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
pretty much everyone working in Kengan is extremely into MMA and american stuff so if there's one fighting manga that would break tradition it's that one

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Hmm this sumo guy seems small and weak. No! Actually he’s really big and now he’s giving me an atomic wedgie! Noo I am undone!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Why he's only 200+ pounds! That's the size of a girl!

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

CharlestonJew posted:

Why he's only 200+ pounds! That's the size of a girl!

no wonder so few Baki characters have canonically hosed, Baki girls are loving terrifying

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

nerdz posted:

Muteba I think stands out. Though technically not mma?

I think the only true mma fighter was okuba and he is GLORIOUS NIPPON BOY MADE GOOD.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Agito could probably be counted as MMA. His stance and how he punches, kicks and grapples is pretty similar to the stuff you see in UFC. I wish Itigaki would put some research into it because these jobbers dont fight or even stand like any MMA fighter I've ever seen.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Also Itigaki draws the most beautiful, luxurious hair in manga.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Seems like it's confirmed

https://twitter.com/crazynabe/status/1174532385318129664?s=20

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
That honestly tracks

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

what in the gently caress

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

also new chapter, whatevs

https://mangadex.org/chapter/712800/1

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

For how long are these large sumo boys going to destroy MMA chumps, I demand they face the real Baki punchmans asap

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lol Itagaki is the beastars author's father????

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Upcoming manga about beefy punch-animals.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can see why they would want to keep it under wraps to avoid any sort of nepotism comments but drat, at this point I feel like she proved herself more than enough, beastars is amazing and her art style is extremely unique.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

nerdz posted:

I can see why they would want to keep it under wraps to avoid any sort of nepotism comments but drat, at this point I feel like she proved herself more than enough, beastars is amazing and her art style is extremely unique.

She absolutely did and Beastars is easily one of the best manga serialized at the moment. Anyways this sumo poo poo is loving boring lol. Wrap it up already.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yea, this is getting dumb. At least original Thicc Boi got Oliva as a jobber, but who gives a poo poo about a buncha nobodies nobody's ever heard of before?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Gotta build up your new pro wrestling stars against jobbers in order to increase their hype.

Itagaki, where are the promos though!?!? We need one of them calling the MMA guys unwashed jabronis!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Where the hell can I buy that shirt she has?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Kuros posted:

Gotta build up your new pro wrestling stars against jobbers in order to increase their hype.

Itagaki, where are the promos though!?!? We need one of them calling the MMA guys unwashed jabronis!

there are plenty of baki jobbers though throw kato at them or shinogi kosho

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
this is all just building up to the moment where Yujiro effortlessly clowns on all the sumo guys at once and then reveals that he has a deep respect for sumo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Borrow Kaneda from Kengan Asura so he can job, dude ain't doing anything right now.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Sweet they should trade mangas for a month.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I guess this is a good time as any to ask: Does anyone know why the majority of female mangaka never show their faces? I've seen quite a few cases of that so far, like Itagaki Paru there.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
some anime fans have.... opinions on women

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

some anime fans are garbage

There we go, made that statement accurate.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

If I were a woman I wouldn't show my face around anime fans either.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/722075/1

More thicc men action

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Even the translator isn't feeling this

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
It's been a while since I followed Baki but are these really just one off random characters?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Honest Thief posted:

It's been a while since I followed Baki but are these really just one off random characters?

lets just say the well has run dry on opponents for baki and his friends to fight

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

so, which Baki characters are gonna chump which sumo champs at their strengths

the latest "Professor" is gonna get hosed up by Gouki for sure, the speedy one loses to a re-armed Katsumi, what else?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
maybe all the sumos will win

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

We need yujiro to show up and express his extreme respect for sumo

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Yujiro shows up and brutally murders all the sumos with a deadly combo.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Pewdiepie posted:

Yujiro shows up and brutally murders all the sumos with a deadly combo.

Glagha posted:

We need yujiro to show up and express his extreme respect for sumo

both of these things happen at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
For some reason I keep thinking unbidden about Tokugawa watching the scientist inject one of Miyamoto Mushashi’s cell nuclei into a donor egg and being all “So, this is like the sperm fertilizing the egg, eh? Eh? :quagmire:” and the scientist going “Um, no...?” And then I chuckle to myself.