Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Johnny would've def shot that baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Jonathan sternly talks to the baby, maybe giving it a firm spanking.
Joseph tricks the baby into eating its own poo poo.
Jotaro hands the baby off to Kakyoin to take care of, or shakes it if Kakyoin wasn’t around
Josuke puts the baby in a situation where some over-bearing parent (Oldseph?) takes care of the baby, smothering it with love, its worst nightmare.
Giorno gashes open the baby’s neck, then agrees to repair it if the baby stops loving around with him. Giorno would repair the wound with flesh made from the baby’s own poop.
Jolyne punches the gently caress out of the baby until it stops being a little bitch.
Johnny shoots the baby.
Gappy tortures the baby somehow until it does what he wants.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

CodfishCartographer posted:

Jotaro looks at pictures of dolphins and entirely ignores the baby for 17 years

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Johnny would've killed that loving baby

Johnny and Kaato would get along

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i will decline to comment on the current conversation

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Expect My Mom posted:

Johnny would've killed that loving baby

Johnny and Kaato would get along

They do have a shared "do a very shortsighted thing to save their stoned son" thing going on.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTkti85HEqQ

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Don't kill him?

Read Spy x Family, it's real good, and Anya has that Dark Determination.

Raposa fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 22, 2019

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i just started part 4, 1 through 3 were great, i've been working through them over the last month and change

is there a decently translated manga for part 4? i watched the anime of 1-3 but considering how much iwork i'd prefer to have it open and work through the chapters there

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

tbp posted:

i just started part 4, 1 through 3 were great, i've been working through them over the last month and change

is there a decently translated manga for part 4? i watched the anime of 1-3 but considering how much iwork i'd prefer to have it open and work through the chapters there

Mangadex has it. I dont know what the legal printed translation situation is

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Viz has at least the first volume out.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Viz has two volumes out, which gets you to the end of the first Yukako arc.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
👆

There you go. Buy the two that are out then read the rest online.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Valentine's ASB theme was posted in the Steel Ball Read thread and it reminded me that I was gonna post Diavolo's ASB theme once the season ended. Posting it here instead of the anime thread because the related videos almost certainly have spoilers for parts the anime hasn't reached yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHXKRNAFE48

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

overmind2000 posted:

Valentine's ASB theme was posted in the Steel Ball Read thread and it reminded me that I was gonna post Diavolo's ASB theme once the season ended. Posting it here instead of the anime thread because the related videos almost certainly have spoilers for parts the anime hasn't reached yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHXKRNAFE48

The loving whirring organ gets me every time.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
God I forgot about ASB's music

Final form Kira's theme is loving nuts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVEGMax42dw

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pouring one out for Bruno's ASB theme, which is quite literally just a remix of Brown Sugar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsyBg6AKIrc

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Let's be fair here, they also put in what's clearly Can't You Hear Me Knocking.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Other Honorable Mentions:

- The Back in Black interpolation in Esidisi's theme
- Akira's theme stopping mid song just to play the riff of Can't Stop
- Kira's EoH theme starting with the verse of Killer Queen in a different key
- Trish's EoH theme's bassline being just Wannabe's bassline

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Expect My Mom posted:

God I forgot about ASB's music

Final form Kira's theme is loving nuts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVEGMax42dw

All of Kira's music is good and like a lot/all of ASB's music it's fun and pretty obvious to see what was stolen from where. I don't think I'm wrong in saying that ASB's music is the best part of the entire game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyVUX1tkY0M

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Sep 27, 2019

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

NickRoweFillea posted:

Mangadex has it. I dont know what the legal printed translation situation is

Vol 2 just came out and Vol 3 comes out early. November. I have 3 on pre-order. :)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I can't wait for Jojo's Copyright-Free Adventures in Florida.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Funky Valentine posted:

I can't wait for Jojo's Copyright-Free Adventures in Florida.
I still don't know how they are going to do Bohemian Rhapsody (「Bohemian Melody」?) effect in term of copyright in the anime adaptation. Probably parodies of the original characters?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Where the gently caress is Spiderman? If there's no Spiderman, then this poo poo ain't Stone Ocean

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Expect My Mom posted:

Where the gently caress is Spiderman? If there's no Spiderman, then this poo poo ain't Stone Ocean
To be honest the manga editors already tried to minimize the copyright infringement to the maximum (like with not-shown-directly mickey mouse) so i guess we will get kenshiro and raoh and other Japanese characters but yeah the mouse won't let the spider shows up i guess.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2yEx7qJlE8

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

https://badlydrawnjojocomics.tumblr.com/post/185675020249/diavolosauceboss-guess-ill-just-take-these

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Anybody got a link to some good Jojo phone wallpapers? I’ve found a couple, but I’d like some from the later parts.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
is there a general concensus on part quality

im now about halfway through part 5 and im hoenstly debating whether its my favorite one. if i had to rank the ones i've seen so far it'd be 3 > 4 > 2 > 1, but they're all quite good. i'll be switching over to the manga shortly as i dont think i can give up part 5s excellent music

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Jojo ran out of steam after part 4 and only regained some of its former spirit in part 7. Anyone who read through part 5 and thought about all the half hearted and abandoned plot threads can see this. Zoomers will say this is trolling

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

all jojos are good.

however some jojos are not good because they're good but rather only because of ghiaccio

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Amazing: 4, 7
Great: 2, 3, 6
Good: 1, 5

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Part 5 is the only one I'd describe overall as bad, even if it does have some extremely strong chapters and fun characters along the way. 4 & 7 are generally agreed to be the high points of the franchise in the english speaking world, which I think is pretty accurate.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

A lot of this depends a lot on who you ask; the Western Jojo fanbase loves Parts 4 and 7, for example, but Japan apparently didn't really care much for 7. Inversely, Japan loves Part 5, but up until very recently, the Western fanbase had a very lukewarm opinion of it, and now I think its just straight up a divisive part over on this side of the pond.

Personally, my ranking goes 4=7 > 2 > 6 > 5 > 3 > 1

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Part 5’s ending sours the whole part

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
All jojo is great even if some parts are greater than others

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

sirtommygunn posted:

Amazing: 4, 7
Great: 2, 3, 6
Good: 1, 5

This, with the addition that 5 has some of my favorite fights in the series and I would personally rank it higher, and that the first half of 3 belongs down in good with the second half up in amazing

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vento Aureo's sudden collapse when they go to the Colosseum is kind of amazing but the part overall is pretty good with the caveat that the ostensible protagonist and villain are awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

NickRoweFillea posted:

Part 5’s ending sours the whole part

Yea id say the good to bad ratio in DiU is about the same as VA but... DiUs good poo poo came at the climax. VA's best poo poo was in the middle with La Squadra and peaked with risotto vs doppio, with the remainder being sorta crummy. Itll leave a bad taste in your mouth.