Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Chaosfeather posted:

I haven't had Ivan in years, and I still have nightmares that I am living with him but I had forgotten about him and he was starving, dying and crying and sad and it's all my fault why didn't I remember he still was living with me? How could I do this to him?

Decidedly uncool bird nightmares.

Mr. Log, I love your new AV :kimchi:

Thank the Best Mod. :downs:

(I think)

:derptiel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I apologize for the impressively bad quality of this photo, but it is dark in my room and I did my best in order to show you all this very fat borb.

He is deeply attached to the Anubis doll sitting on my monitor. Every evening once my room is dark he comes over to sit next to it and grows immensely poofy and taps his feet gently in contentment. Then he snuggles up tight to its arm and falls asleep until I have to take him down for bed.

Charlemagne :kimchi:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
There are feral (or possibly just wild) parrots in the city I moved to last month. A flock of little green screeching birds has arrived in a tree outside my window. Can't get a clear enough look at them to tell what kind they are, but I think they're budgies. Florida sure seems to have a lot of them, I've seen budgie flocks in Fort Myers, Sarasota, Bradenton, Stuart, and now Lakeland.

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

Chaosfeather posted:

I haven't had Ivan in years, and I still have nightmares that I am living with him but I had forgotten about him and he was starving, dying and crying and sad and it's all my fault why didn't I remember he still was living with me? How could I do this to him?

Decidedly uncool bird nightmares.

This poo poo right here. Its always a dream that starts with me going to feed the borbs and discovering that whoops, I actually had like 4 more birds that I forgot about and they haven't been fed in months and look how sad they are and D:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I apologize for the impressively bad quality of this photo, but it is dark in my room and I did my best in order to show you all this very fat borb.

He is deeply attached to the Anubis doll sitting on my monitor. Every evening once my room is dark he comes over to sit next to it and grows immensely poofy and taps his feet gently in contentment. Then he snuggles up tight to its arm and falls asleep until I have to take him down for bed.

I love the roundness and extremely neat feet of a sleepy birb :3:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Plant MONSTER. posted:

miniature budgie (he was an adult but was like, hummingbird sized)
admit it, this would own

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The parrots currently (still) making a racket outside my apartment appear to actually be Nanday parakeets, not budgies. Neat.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Cythereal posted:

The parrots currently (still) making a racket outside my apartment appear to actually be Nanday parakeets, not budgies. Neat.

Those are what my Kiwi is! I’m so jealous you’re seeing them just out and about! I bet they can get crazy loud

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Does Kiwi sleep on his back?

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

mikerock posted:

Does Kiwi sleep on his back?

No :( She’s generally very standard birb and perches, floofs, and falls asleep. She doesn’t like it if I try to hold her upside down or backwards either. I’m working on helping her explore her boundaries a bit (with that and not needing to be on my shoulder all the time) but she’s a rescue and I has some weird hangups

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Pookah posted:

I love the roundness and extremely neat feet of a sleepy birb :3:
the neat feet are the best :kimchi:

mikerock posted:

Aww charlie is such a good borb. Do you let him stay up a bit later when he is being adorable like this?
Yeah, he gets a couple hours up there most evenings. Amadeus is always ready for bed around eight-thirty to nine, and I don't go to bed myself until ten thirty or so, so Charlie spends that gap time on the monitor. :3:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Kickstarter just reminded me there's 48 hours left on the bird bag project!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ohayou/the-bird-itabag

It is SUPER over-funded which means there are a whole bunch of bird bags to choose from now :derptiel:

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Tellaris posted:

This poo poo right here. Its always a dream that starts with me going to feed the borbs and discovering that whoops, I actually had like 4 more birds that I forgot about and they haven't been fed in months and look how sad they are and D:

I'm not the only one :whitewater:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Cythereal posted:

hello from london

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
I was at the zoo today and as my partner & I were looking at an enclosure that had java finches and some fancy pigeons, a guy walks in and goes "UGH. birds" and walks out looking super disappointed.

what a wanker.

they had a pair of crimson bellied conures too, which were very nice. Couldn't get a photo though as the lighting was garbage.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

GoldStandardConure posted:

I was at the zoo today and as my partner & I were looking at an enclosure that had java finches and some fancy pigeons, a guy walks in and goes "UGH. birds" and walks out looking super disappointed.

what a wanker.

they had a pair of crimson bellied conures too, which were very nice. Couldn't get a photo though as the lighting was garbage.

I’m going to uncover my birds’ cage with the same attitude. Ugh! Birds! And I’ll roll my eyes and be VERY sassy and over it.
They won’t know what hit them! :cool:

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Someone I know just got some budgies and he asked to talk birds with me today and I'm like, you fool, you'll never get me to shut up.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Okay I had to change the thread title but I can change it back if you guys think the old one was better, it is evergreen

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I picked up this very overpriced bookmark ($13. Made of plastic. But I had to. Ugh, birds) while down south visiting my family. Humans suck. I wish I had grown up with these adorable jerks around. Mr ana plays red dead and refuses to kill any to complete a quest :3:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I gave the lousy birds a few sprigs of fresh wheat and I've never seen them fight like that. Like holy poo poo, I'm watching so many obnoxious budgie kicks.

And also Pesto is feeding Mayo during the squabble too??

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

BIRD CRIME

https://twitter.com/CampbellxEmma/status/1178400639208116224?fbclid=IwAR3WI4OzMW7NotWt3ko-b7jg8kZf_BoLqmnKwBerjf0kqeRQfb3D5NVhvNE

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

So my friend who wanted to talk to me about birds, well. Guys. It turned out that some mutuals surprised him with three budgies because they knew he always wanted birds! Here's the thing. This guy lives with his dad right now and his dad is very much anti-bird. Dad's out of town right now but he'll be back tomorrow so my friend is expecting a huge blow-up and being ordered to get rid of the birds.

So my friend is looking at people he can rehome the birds with, just in case, and I'm his first pick. Because he knows I love birds a lot! So he knows the budgies will be well cared for!

I don't know if I can have five birds in a one room apartment, guys. Good lord. I told him that I'm not sure I can do that, even if I want to do that. And I'm so annoyed with the girls who did this. You don't surprise people with pets!

The budgies are feisty sweethearts, though. They are full of Fight. One is white, one is blue, and one is yellow with a green splotch on its chest, which is a colour I haven't seen before. They're supposed to be two males and a female and be a year old, but honestly they all look really small so I wonder if they're younger than that, and their ceres all look light blue to me.

Ugh. Birds.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
Anti-pet dads fall in love the hardest and they know it.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Amadeus trying out "howyoudoin?" in greeting this evening, and then Charlemagne nervously calling "what you doing!" when I left the room again a little later, made me start contemplating bird study groups.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

EightBit posted:

My father was once anti-bird. Then he came to Kansas to help me out of a jam a while back and met Wandy the Cockatiel. She melted him.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Amadeus trying out "howyoudoin?" in greeting this evening, and then Charlemagne nervously calling "what you doing!" when I left the room again a little later, made me start contemplating bird study groups.

PLEASE MAKE MORE OF THESE!!! MAH GAWD!!!

:3: :3::3:

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Yesterday, Ms Cookies and I went to the aquarium near us, that also has a bird room. All the birds wanted to come say hi (and also see if we had some of the $1 containers of seed (we did, obv))

https://twitter.com/niceoneWern/status/1178645042552086529

Not Pictured/Camera Shy: indian ring necks and peach faced loveys :kimchi:

Rotten Cookies fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Sep 30, 2019

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

How many conures do you own now?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
You are a very photogenic person, Mr. Rotten.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

mikerock posted:

How many conures do you own now?

not enough. Ms Cookies and I are already planning on what sacrifices we're ready to make to have a full on aviary in our future house. The green cheeks were such loving lovable doofuses, god they were adorable idiots. Two of them started preening my mustache. The sun conures were all business like "hey, um..... excuse me, I heard you had some seeds here. I'm here for the seeds now." You can see me in the last pic trying to calmly explain how I have no more seeds but that I'm happy they showed up anyway.

And thank you, Plant monster

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

EightBit posted:

Captain Log posted:

My father was once anti-bird. Then he came to Kansas to help me out of a jam a while back and met Wandy the Cockatiel. She melted him.

I'm really hoping that this happens. My friend wants these birds so much but he's pretty sure right now he won't be able to keep them.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SoxQcFdb5I

i want a bird i want a bird i want a bird

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

He has a curious ability to teach skills to non-conures. Didn't he teach your cockatiel to hold food in her foot when eating?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Accurately captured Charlie's crazy eyes :3:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Went to Delaware for a wedding and stopped by M&D Bird World like I always do.

Gizmo

Gizmo playing peekaboo

Didn't catch this one's name but v. cool little guy

We Have Seen the Babies and They Are Hungry

Up close

Almost fully grown, didn't want any formula, that's for kids

Oh we're just hand-feeding some baby Amazon parrots, and budgies, and a baby cockatiel, no big d, don't be jealous or anything

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Mizuti posted:

He has a curious ability to teach skills to non-conures. Didn't he teach your cockatiel to hold food in her foot when eating?

he did :unsmith: eighteen years it took her to pick that one up.

He and Charlie converse in a pidgin (heh) language of mostly-Conure, too. Ama will be on my monitor and Charlie will be on my knee and they'll be muttering back and forth at each other and then whoosh! one takes off towards the snack cabinet and the other starts yelling my name to be sure I'm paying attention.

I suspect his "teaching" ability is largely that I am always sort of half-tuned to whatever's going on with him, and Charlie picked up that I speak English, I speak Conure, and I don't speak Senegal :lol:

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 1, 2019

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Halloween Jack posted:

Went to Delaware for a wedding and stopped by M&D Bird World like I always do.

Gizmo

Gizmo playing peekaboo

Didn't catch this one's name but v. cool little guy

We Have Seen the Babies and They Are Hungry

Up close

Almost fully grown, didn't want any formula, that's for kids

Oh we're just hand-feeding some baby Amazon parrots, and budgies, and a baby cockatiel, no big d, don't be jealous or anything

oh my goddddd

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
booooodge
https://www.pdza.org/brand-new-budgies/

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I know where I am dragging my husband to go :) Its not far, only an hour or so away from us!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Getting to see a Hyacinth in person is so unbelievable. I'm still amazed I get to visit with one at the shop down the road from me. They are just...so surreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean
I forgot to upload this a while ago.

https://youtu.be/tZw6Chu2LYk

Little bit old, Scallop and Chicken are in the same cage now.

Yes, I did pick the chilli up after the video. I don't know why I re-dropped it.

Also, I had Scallop out last night and noticed she's making a new noise. Whenever she does something bad I say "Oi" because I'm part bogan apparently. She knows this means she needs to stop (she'll look at me for a fraction of a second, move one step over, then go back to doing what she's doing at a different angle). The new sound is very close to Oi, and she only says it after I say it.