Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Seams posted:

who is the dude in the trump vid who turns into a clown @ 27 seconds

Chuck Schumer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The trough has been refilled with new content slop, fellow hogs

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
slop slop slop!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I gotta have my slop!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Good slop, a good ol' fashioned chapo.

Personally I'm in favor of impeachment because it scares Trump and it scares his base, and as much as I want to hold true to pacifism, I want them to feel quite bad right now. It has to be rather tiring to be a Trump supporter right now, and impeachment proceedings will only make it more of a social (and god willing, career) cost to being pro-Trump. It doesn't change their minds, but at least it shuts them up.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Yeah any time a rich piece of poo poo gets their comeuppance in any way it’s good. No need to be a contrarian about it.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

don't use words if you don't know how

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Jonah Galtberg posted:

don't use words if you don't know how

No, he's right. The Chapos' ambivalence about impeachment is 100% anti-lib contrarianism

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
if the dems aren't serious about it, which they aren't since they're not going for the dunk from half-court: emoluments clause, i don't see any reason to take it seriously either

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Gripweed posted:

No, he's right. The Chapos' ambivalence about impeachment is 100% anti-lib contrarianism

I'm so sorry but not every loving thing in the world is "contrarianism"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jonah Galtberg posted:

I'm so sorry but not every loving thing in the world is "contrarianism"

yes it is.

Serf
May 5, 2011

trump will get impeached in the house and then the senate won't convict. this will all be very funny to watch tho, so i say let 'em. its not like they were going to be doing anything worthwhile with their time

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Also Sad Horse Show is bad and I've never even watched it!!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MadJackal posted:

This but unironically

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

good things about the dialectic is that everything is contrarian, makes u think

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

MadJackal posted:

seek help

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dr.Radical posted:

Yeah any time a rich piece of poo poo gets their comeuppance in any way it’s good. No need to be a contrarian about it.

lol u think trump is going to get his comeuppance

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Farmer answers, “but I got him, his balls are full of dust!”

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

thank you. it was bugging the poo poo out of me

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

T-man posted:

Good slop, a good ol' fashioned chapo.

Personally I'm in favor of impeachment because it scares Trump and it scares his base, and as much as I want to hold true to pacifism, I want them to feel quite bad right now. It has to be rather tiring to be a Trump supporter right now, and impeachment proceedings will only make it more of a social (and god willing, career) cost to being pro-Trump. It doesn't change their minds, but at least it shuts them up.

There's no way that the Trump base can be any more engaged than they already are. All the people talking about how we shouldn't impeach them because it might drive their base out to vote are ignoring he's been doing 2020 campaign rallies basically since day 1 of his presidency. They're hogs, they LOVE him. What impeachment proceedings mean is getting the Democratic base that's been begging for this engaged and not wholly demoralized.

Impeachment might not mean anything and certainly won't since there's no way in hell the Senate will confirm any action to remove him, but it will drive Trump wild and give us the good post's, and also keep him distracted.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Shipon posted:

Impeachment might not mean anything and certainly won't since there's no way in hell the Senate will confirm any action to remove him, but it will drive Trump wild and give us the good post's, and also keep him distracted.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179179575059927040

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

MadJackal posted:

That’s it motherfucker I’m voting Trump.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I agree with everyone in here saying that the Senate will not vote to impeach, but I definitely disagree with the Chapo boys take that this is just a reboot of the Mueller report. That really does seem like them just being hyper nihilists from having to be switched on to the news every day of their lives.

For one thing, Trump didn't release evidence of himself doing the crimes that libs hoped the Mueller report would uncover. There seems to be way more outrage, controversy, and intense attention being paid to this than the Mueller report.

The Dems impeaching Trump is far preferable to them just not doing anything and letting Trump do corrupt poo poo on his way to a 2020 re-election.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

threeagainstfour posted:

I agree with everyone in here saying that the Senate will not vote to impeach, but I definitely disagree with the Chapo boys take that this is just a reboot of the Mueller report. That really does seem like them just being hyper nihilists from having to be switched on to the news every day of their lives.

For one thing, Trump didn't release evidence of himself doing the crimes that libs hoped the Mueller report would uncover. There seems to be way more outrage, controversy, and intense attention being paid to this than the Mueller report.

The Dems impeaching Trump is far preferable to them just not doing anything and letting Trump do corrupt poo poo on his way to a 2020 re-election.

This is just the big angle leading up to the payoff of the big 2020 election. The faces are trying to take down the heel.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gripweed posted:

yes it is.

Oh I'm sorry, is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

The_Rob posted:

This is just the big angle leading up to the payoff of the big 2020 election. The faces are trying to take down the heel.

Is it possible to explain in mid-90s sitcom plot analogies, I can't understand wrestling

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Waitaminute, I thought milliners made hats, not gloves.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

threeagainstfour posted:

that's basically the chapo take. the mueller report comparison is them cautioning people not to get swept up into the lib delusion that impeachment, while good because it keeps the trump administration's abuses in public consciousness and causes trump to say funny things on twitter, will result in the end of the trump presidency. mcconnell already said the other day if the house votes in favor, the senate trial will be entirely for show

the problem is the democrats are bound and determined as they always are to screw up a sure thing by limiting the focus of the impeachment inquiry on the ukraine phone call, giving republicans ample opportunity to muddy the waters by bringing up biden's workaday corruption, and not broadening the inquiry's scope to include all the poo poo trump's done that would warrant impeachment under any other administration. like if you care one whit about accountability or rule of law or any of that poo poo, having that stuff on record should be mandatory because otherwise it just tells future administrations hey this is what we'll let you get away with if you're minimally competent

fatherboxx posted:

Is it possible to explain in mid-90s sitcom plot analogies, I can't understand wrestling

the impeachment should be the seinfeld finale, but instead it's married with children

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Oct 2, 2019

Serf
May 5, 2011

real doomer hours on this episode lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1179356556279914497

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Stringent posted:

First of all you need to get out there and vote for Bernie in the primary and the general, it absolutely will matter in South Dakota.

Second of all, the positions Obama ran on were a lot better than Biden, Harris, or Clinton. He backtracked on all of them because he wasn't genuinely committed to making them happen. The only candidate who is, in my mind, the slightest bit believable in terms of doing what they've said they will is Bernard Sanders.

lucy will let me kick the football THIS time

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

R. Guyovich posted:

lucy will let me kick the football THIS time

she will if you take the ball from her and beat her with it first

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
That happened a lot in the 50 year historical record of Peanuts cartoons, and we should look forward to Charlie Brown doing it again before the 2020 election

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Hellworld intensifies.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1179407101304754176?s=19

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Oh gently caress. :smith:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm not giving in to despair over this. I refuse. I'll pull that goddamn horse out of the swamp with my bare hands if I have to.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

It's fine, Bernie Sanders is the only thing keeping us from yet another radical turn into fascism since God knows the libs aren't. One smol old Bean is the vanguard of the left right now, it's great.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

T-man posted:

It's fine, Bernie Sanders is the only thing keeping us from yet another radical turn into fascism since God knows the libs aren't. One smol old Bean is the vanguard of the left right now, it's great.

actually I love that the one politician not entirely bought and sold by the literal most evil people in America is an 80 year old actively dying man

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yall forget our moldering toddler president who seemingly cannot die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Right, but Trump is going to live to be 120 because God hates us.