Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
New Still Cute, in which Qi Lin continues to be too cute and earnest for Cang Shu to stay mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Another month, another episode of Kaiju in love

Mothra continues to be amazing and Minami continues to be super dense not to connect the dots between Kuroe and Harugon but at least he's solidified their relationship and also doomed Japan

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

And just for completeness' sake, Bloom Into You is now complete, as is the comic anthology by other mangaka.

Which means I've started reading it, and it's good. I especially like the omake.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/722078/1

Prison End

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Well that was anticlimactic.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Quick question about Bloom Into You: does the story conclude at graduation? Before then? Into/past college?

Any of these things is fine, but my curiosity is getting the better of me.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

a kitten posted:

Quick question about Bloom Into You: does the story conclude at graduation? Before then? Into/past college?
Ends before graduation with the final chapter being an epilogue set during college.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There are also LN spinoffs which take place before, during, and after the series centered on Sayaka.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Shoujo chat, in your infinite wisdom will there be a bloom into you season two or should I read the manga?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tweets from people who were involved in the anime have been, vaguely implying that there might be a s2, i think, but nothing concrete

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Luckily I'm pretty sure that the remaining material is just enough for S2 without needing an S3.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Read the manga anyways, cause it's good.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Brainamp posted:

Read the manga anyways, cause it's good.

I only have room for one version of each story in this world in my brain. If I read the manga I'll forget S1.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm gonna read the manga, and possibly the other stuff too. Then hopefully one day I will also watch season two.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Manga was good, although as always I wish it'd continued for much longer following them into college and well into their adult lives.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Motto posted:

There are also LN spinoffs which take place before, during, and after the series centered on Sayaka.

To add to this - Sayaka is in college as of the end of Novel 2 /the end of the manga, and every indication is that LN3, out in like February IIRC, will primarily be set there.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Momoiro Heaven got its first update in over a year and I’m wondering what folks think of the manga. It’s the horniest straight shoujo I’ve ever read, myself, but I feel it manages to make the horny rear end in a top hat male lead entertaining even when he’s being a gigantic rear end in a top hat.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't picked that one up, just browsing through some of the comments talking about it it sounds kind of awful tbh.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Ibblebibble posted:

Luckily I'm pretty sure that the remaining material is just enough for S2 without needing an S3.

To be honest though, while the length is about right, the pacing of it will have to be super weird imo. Since the previous season ended right in the middle of the biggest most important arc of the series, so S2 would have to start with the climax and then sort of putter along with a strangely high proportion of denouement stuff.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Clarste posted:

To be honest though, while the length is about right, the pacing of it will have to be super weird imo. Since the previous season ended right in the middle of the biggest most important arc of the series, so S2 would have to start with the climax and then sort of putter along with a strangely high proportion of denouement stuff.

Yeah for the latter half of S1 I was just wondering if they were going to blue-balls us on the performance and yep. I thought they did as well as they could have without destroying all the pacing, to be fair.

Also I like slow denouement-y stuff so I wouldn't mind a full S2 of that :v:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:toot:
https://twitter.com/futekiya/status/1179985069139619841?s=20

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Motto posted:

Are they any good? Every time I think about BIY being over I get a little sad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

Are they any good? Every time I think about BIY being over I get a little sad.

I've only read the first one but they're very good. I'd be into an anime adaptation of them.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Hooray! Yamada to Kase-san update.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

good news, wanna go out got licensed

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1180234806279507976?s=19

bad news, they chose this title for it

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

They need to keep the gay font

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Wow that's a terribad title.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Stop verbing so many nouns, it weirds language

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Rody One Half posted:

They need to keep the gay font

Homoerotic kerning.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Sapphic Syllabry

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna relationship while adulting.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I think this new title is good

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's a good title for something else that doesn't already have a good title

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

I think this new title is good

Personally I dislike it because it feels very immature when the entier sell of the series is the characters exploring themselves in a fairly mature way. Like they have relationship issues and dumb arguments but they resolve pretty naturally, and the problems they're brnging up are fairly deepset, mature problems relating to their sexuality.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

Personally I dislike it because it feels very immature when the entier sell of the series is the characters exploring themselves in a fairly mature way. Like they have relationship issues and dumb arguments but they resolve pretty naturally, and the problems they're brnging up are fairly deepset, mature problems relating to their sexuality.

I don't think the title is immature or that it's weird that people would talk like that. They're like 19-20, and 19-20 year olds may and probably do talk like that sometimes. It certainly isn't infantizing or belittling their relationship by having a statement like that as the title.

The whole thing is that they're learning couple skills things and what it means for them to be together in a relationship.

The title is 'how do we relationship'. It tells you what the content of the story is.

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Oct 5, 2019

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's just a weird title for the series and it kinda suggests a tone that's not really present for the manga.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
"How Do We Relationship" could 100% work as a title for a series. Its not this one though and it does sound incredibly infantilizing in this case.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

That looks like that would be a very impractical way to dress if you wanted to do... well, anything.
Also what is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Jagged Jim posted:

That looks like that would be a very impractical way to dress if you wanted to do... well, anything.
Also what is this?

A Story About Treating a Female Knight, Who Has Never Been Treated as a Woman, as a Woman