Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fabricated posted:

New Chainsaw Man:
https://readms.net/r/csm/041/6232/1

Huh, I guess the Angel Devil is a guy?

I'm very worried about the new girl. :ohdear: I keep thinking of 2 possible outcomes:
1: She's killed by sink guy.
2: Denji saves her from sink guy, but Makima will off her instead. She wants Denji and having someone else hold his heart is probably not good for her plans.

Also lol at Denji's reading ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Just don't fridge her. That would be awful.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

You all assume that new girl's not a guy.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there's no reason not to

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Guessing sink guy will kidnap her but get killed instead because she's actually a devil or something.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

Guessing sink guy will kidnap her but get killed instead because she's actually a devil or something.

This sounds about right.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/RainSpectre/status/1180209663108775936?s=19

I don't know if this is true or just speculation/sample bias, but it really wouldn't surprise me if it was the case.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh. Good. We’re pulling Big Floppy’s stupid bullshit now.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

Fabricated posted:

New Chainsaw Man:
https://readms.net/r/csm/041/6232/1

Huh, I guess the Angel Devil is a guy?
Denji is approaching "I've only had Reze for 2 chapters but if anything happened to her I would kill everyone excluding Makima" status.

Phimose Knight fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 5, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
We Never Learn? This week it's more like We Can't Shokugeki.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This Manga really knows how to make things feel like an endgame. I wonder if there'll be a bait and switch.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nariyuki and sensei not even noticing that they're using the couple mugs. Sensei ending confirmed.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

chumbler posted:

Nariyuki and sensei not even noticing that they're using the couple mugs. Sensei ending confirmed.

#TeamUruka :colbert:

Speaking seriously now, I'll be amazed if there's an actual answer as to who Nariyuki ends up with; it's not something that's often done with harem series. The World God Only Knows gave a definite answer, and I appreciated that.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Also quick reminder to support the official release.
The scanlation did something horrible this chapter.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Mulderman posted:

"She's presenting like a mandrill!"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Caught up on chainsaw man. It's good folks

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So it seems the point of this flashback in Jujutsu was explain what the main plot is supposed to be. It would have been less of an issue if they'd at least made it clear from the start that it was a flashback idk what the editor was doing as surely thats their job

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jose posted:

So it seems the point of this flashback in Jujutsu was explain what the main plot is supposed to be. It would have been less of an issue if they'd at least made it clear from the start that it was a flashback idk what the editor was doing as surely thats their job
Yeah that was not a great way to explain everything. Smash cut to a huge flashback that takes a while to get to the point where you're like "ahhh okay this is explaining why everything is happening and answering/presenting questions about the rest of the cast." But it takes like 2 months to get to that point.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Edit: I'm dumb

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Yeah that was not a great way to explain everything. Smash cut to a huge flashback that takes a while to get to the point where you're like "ahhh okay this is explaining why everything is happening and answering/presenting questions about the rest of the cast." But it takes like 2 months to get to that point.

I had to really sit down and try and remember what we left in order to even start this flashback and I think it was MC meeting a former classmate who lost weight and then this?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mulderman posted:

Oof, that is some gross cleaning, and also it's been so long since I've read the scans that I didn't notice that they translate Sensei like a dang robot. She and her sister have a cute habit of using academic/technical phrases instead of simpler words. It doesn't work in English, or at least not the way the scans are doing it, so making them talk extra formally is much more natural.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
7 deadly sins :geno:

It ties in nicely with the Escanor Gaiden.
Assault Mode Escanor, looks impressive and (if page 12 is to be believed) is apparently about to rip out of his pants.
It's all looks though as he jumped first and everyone caught up. :shrug:

The thing that bothers me though is how boring this final fight is. The most exciting thing about it, is finding out if Escanor is going to die. I don't expect Nakaba to do it though.
There's so little sense of Urgency or Threat it's amazing.
I'm reminded of the battle between Madara and Naruto/Sasuke where ever more layers of bullshit were added to everyone and yet it at least felt like there was an actual big threat. (up until Kaguya at least) You were left wondering how on earth were they going to outbullshit Madara.
Not here though. I'm just kind of waiting for the Demon King to lay down or for Zeldris to break free and there's little doubt in my mind that after Zeldris breaks free the demon kings lingering presence will probably menace some more.

I'd say that round 1 versus the Demon King was better as well. There it was a team effort and 2 fights happening at the same time.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

The sins are so strong at this point that Escanor risking everything like this feels... unnecessary? Like they weren't really in such a desperate situation that it required him to pull out all the stops.
The Demon King is getting clowned left and right and Diane already managed to cut of his infinite supply so...

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Chapters came out early this week.

I loving loved this chapter of Chainsawman. But I'm really worried now...

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Their idea of looking for a night school is literally just going to an empty school at night :allears:

But those last pages :ohdear:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
chapter for everyone else

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1005652

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Always nice to see Sekijou around.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1005643

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
Typhoon Devil chapter soon, just as Japan gets hit by a big one in real life.

Beam IS gonna intervene though, right? I mean he's there, just hiding, yeah?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

oh drat Typhoon vs Street Shark would be extremely my poo poo

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
And then Reze yanks on her collar and belches super-hot steam into the killer's groin.

Callback. Coffee Devil.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

HerraS posted:

oh drat Typhoon vs Street Shark would be extremely my poo poo

Just like Fire Punch was a prank pulled on Jump to get the Star Wars joke in there, Chainsawman has been the same thing to make a Sharknado reference.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Beastars is just the weirdest series. The apple didn't really fall far from the tree.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Fabricated posted:

Beastars is just the weirdest series. The apple didn't really fall far from the tree.

the sudden transition from slightly demented school hijinks into more punchy shonen fare was really awkward but it seems to be finding its stride

it really sells its animal-people conceit, which helps the credibility of things like everyone's blase attitude towards sudden acts of hideous violence

e: also between this, kemonozume and devilman crybaby i think i have a thing for series that conflate affection and appetite and i kind of don't want to examine that too closely

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 12, 2019

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

God drat it, let Sekijou be a real character.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I agree with Denji on everything.

I really appreciate how...realistic his new Girlfriend looks compared to usual stuff I read.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oh thanks I forgot it was there now.

I love the transition to naked Denji

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Does SHY go in this thread?

Because it's good.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

Does SHY go in this thread?

Because it's good.
What is Shy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Darth TNT posted:

I agree with Denji on everything.

I really appreciate how...realistic his new Girlfriend looks compared to usual stuff I read.

I feel like this new girl might make Denji weaker as a devil hunter by actually exposing him to what normal life and people are like (and making him less crazy as a result). Well, assuming she's not about to get killed anyways.