Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

oliwan posted:

This was two days ago

Someone really should've told them that knives are tools and not weapons

If he had knife, this not happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Habt ihr auch schon alle schön für den SPD-Vorsitz abgestimmt, Genossen?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
You mean this one?

https://t3n.de/news/spd-online-wahl-sofort-abbrechen-1208147/

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Ritznit posted:

I mean you can be butts to Oliwan all you want but I hope you're not all somehow buying that giving everyone knives would somehow improve public safety.
I'm entirely convinced of Aiwanger's argument because he is Bavarian like me

aphid_licker posted:

Habt ihr auch schon alle schön für den SPD-Vorsitz abgestimmt, Genossen?
Ofc

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"Personal freedom to carry knives responsibly, and lock up criminals" is a statement that's hard to crack rhetorically but everyone knows what it means is immediate prison or deportation for brown people who carry a corkscrew while Horst-Günter from down the street clearly needs his Meine Ehre Heißt Treue dagger for Freiwillige Feuerwehr business.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
My seven year old accidentally brought a pocket knife to school today. In the US this would've been a Big loving Deal, but here they were just like, "oh yeah he must've just forgot it in there, it's cool come pick it up after school". SO much better.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Oh no a gun control debate

wait

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

My Lovely Horse posted:

"Personal freedom to carry knives responsibly, and lock up criminals" is a statement that's hard to crack rhetorically but everyone knows what it means is immediate prison or deportation for brown people who carry a corkscrew while Horst-Günter from down the street clearly needs his Meine Ehre Heißt Treue dagger for Freiwillige Feuerwehr business.

Agreed. "jeder anständige Mann und jede anständige Frau" kinda gives it away.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Whoopsie daisy!

Everything else aside the way Geburtsdatum is used in this country is kinda shite. On the one hand it's not exactly secret info and you have to put it every fuckin where on the other hand lots of places seem to use it as a sort of proof-of-identity authenticator. Like my doctor and my Kreditkartencompany's phone hotline both use it like that, and obvs it's weak as gently caress for that.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I'm not reading 40 new posts, so I will just assume that oliwan is pro knife crime because it is a Berlin thing.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cicero posted:

My seven year old accidentally brought a pocket knife to school today. In the US this would've been a Big loving Deal, but here they were just like, "oh yeah he must've just forgot it in there, it's cool come pick it up after school". SO much better.

If the kid is white, then literally nothing would happen in normal US schools either op; your fantasy is bizarre. In fact, in most states it is legal to carry weapons around so it's much less of a deal than in Germany.

Also, I would like to see your reaction if some other kid had found the knife and (accidentally) hurt your kid. Still cool?

At the German school where i work, the rules are as follows: if you are caught with a pocket knife, your parents have to come and pick it up at the end of the day and they will get a talking to about not bringing knives to school. If it then happens again the child is suspended and an Anzeige ist made at the Jugend- and Schulamt.

Any knife that is not a pocket knife will result in calling the police and an immediate suspension and Anzeige at Jugend- und Schulamt.

oliwan fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 15, 2019

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Speaking of Berlin things and SPD things

https://taz.de/Mietendeckel-in-Berlin/!5630301/

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

oliwan posted:

If the kid is white, then literally nothing would happen in normal US schools either op; your fantasy is bizarre. In fact, in most states it is legal to carry weapons around so it's much less of a deal than in Germany.
Spoken like someone who has no idea what the gently caress he's talking about. A (white) friend of mine got a multiday suspension from school once because he had matches in his pocket that he had forgotten to take out after a boy scout camping trip. Policies on weapons have only gotten stricter since then.

It's true that adults carrying around knives in the states is considered no big deal, but this doesn't extend to kids in school, especially these days.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Ritznit posted:

I mean you can be butts to Oliwan all you want but I hope you're not all somehow buying that giving everyone knives would somehow improve public safety.

Of course it doesn’t. And I don’t think anyone in here is advocating that. It’s not what he said or at least meant either. He’s just really bad at articulating his thoughts. He’s from Niederbayern give the man a break.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Randler posted:

I'm not reading 40 new posts, so I will just assume that oliwan is pro knife crime because it is a Berlin thing.

Yah, also he quadruple-posted somewhere in the middle there

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smirr posted:

Yah, also he quadruple-posted somewhere in the middle there

:blastu: <----- that's me shooting posts

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

oliwan posted:

Well, at least you're not stabbing them! :)

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

oliwan posted:

Quadruple-posting in a fairly busy thread takes dedication to the art and, hell, craft of posting. I respect that o7

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
https://twitter.com/IdaFunkhouser/status/1183852343021965312

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smirr posted:

Quadruple-posting in a fairly busy thread takes dedication to the art and, hell, craft of posting. I respect that o7

:cheerdoge:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

oliwan posted:

Also, I would like to see your reaction if some other kid had found the knife and (accidentally) hurt your kid. Still cool?

At the German school where i work, the rules are as follows: if you are caught with a pocket knife, your parents have to come and pick it up at the end of the day and they will get a talking to about not bringing knives to school. If it then happens again the child is suspended and an Anzeige ist made at the Jugend- and Schulamt.

Any knife that is not a pocket knife will result in calling the police and an immediate suspension and Anzeige at Jugend- und Schulamt.

That's idiotic, pocket knifes are extremely normal and unless kids are showing up with babby's first Springmesser you need to chill the gently caress out.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

just lol @ all the pocket knife weirdos in this thread
"But what if I get my hand stuck and I have to cut it off, what am I gonna do, gnaw it off? :rolleyes:"

but not as weird as

https://twitter.com/janboehm/status/1184190452788027394?s=19

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

suck my woke dick posted:

That's idiotic, pocket knifes are extremely normal and unless kids are showing up with babby's first Springmesser you need to chill the gently caress out.

What? :chloe:

Pocket knives are not allowed at schools op... if you don't understand this then I literally don't know what to tell you. They havent been allowed at any school that i've worked at or on any school that have been to myself. I know of no school that allows students to carry pocket knives. Honestly, I don't understand how this can even be up for debate.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sereri posted:

just lol @ all the pocket knife weirdos in this thread
"But what if I get my hand stuck and I have to cut it off, what am I gonna do, gnaw it off? :rolleyes:"

but not as weird as

https://twitter.com/janboehm/status/1184190452788027394?s=19

Goddamnit

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The writers are getting lazier and lazier...

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

oliwan posted:

What? :chloe:

Pocket knives are not allowed at schools op... if you don't understand this then I literally don't know what to tell you. They havent been allowed at any school that i've worked at or on any school that have been to myself. I know of no school that allows students to carry pocket knives. Honestly, I don't understand how this can even be up for debate.

might be a generation thing, at my gymnasium nobody gave a poo poo if anybody had a multifunktionswerkzeug, and they came in handy in several after-school club thingies, as well as for bicycle repairs for which a lot of people at my school carried little toolbags anyhow (or had them hanging off the saddle)

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mithaldu posted:

might be a generation thing, at my gymnasium nobody gave a poo poo if anybody had a multifunktionswerkzeug, and they came in handy in several after-school club thingies, as well as for bicycle repairs for which a lot of people at my school carried little toolbags anyhow (or had them hanging off the saddle)

Well, I don't know your school obviously, but I'm pretty sure that if you would've been walking around the halls with a drawn knife or just had a knife out in class, someone would've said something. Toolbags are allowed of course, as long as they don't have a knife :)

Anyway, at the school I used to work here in berlin, there was an incident where a student threatened another student with a drawn pocket knife, which is a traumatic experience for everyone involved. Teachers get threatened. Kids do dumb things and injure themselves or others. These things happen -- knives simply do not have any place at a school, no matter how small.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

oliwan posted:

These things happen -- knives simply do not have any place at a school, no matter how small.

Ok, cop.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

you keep using the word pocket knife, which is really ambiguous

nobody walks around with a knife just drawn

in the classroom nobody gave a poo poo which tools we had out, including multitools, even with the knife unfolded

and yes, i understand it's that way at your school now. i'm making the point that it is not a universal constant as it appears to you from your posts

also ugh, i wish your avatar wasn't so incredibly upsetting

e: good thing adblockers are versatile

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 15, 2019

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mithaldu posted:

also ugh, i wish your avatar wasn't so incredibly upsetting

You can buy the poster here!

https://shop.sbam.rocks/product/lagwagon-poster/?lang=de

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Hier meine Freunde, lernt mal was. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTeTjx4k9jQ

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

holy poo poo, when did youtube start putting a warning label & wikipedia-link under ÖR-videos? we are finally safe from all the fake news out there now, i guess

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
If schools forbid knives from being brought in, what weapons are kids supposed to keep on them to fight weird creatures from other dimensions or physical manifestations of people's inner conciousness after school? Next thing you are telling me they shouldn't even be fighting gods or something

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Aix posted:

holy poo poo, when did youtube start putting a warning label & wikipedia-link under ÖR-videos? we are finally safe from all the fake news out there now, i guess

You say that less than a week after the ZDF got caught faking footage to make it look like the Halle shooting was streamed as part of a major esports tournament.

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

Randler posted:

You say that less than a week after the ZDF got caught faking footage to make it look like the Halle shooting was streamed as part of a major esports tournament.
hahaha, heuteplus really screwed up there. tbh tho i never even heard of dreamhack before, they really shouldve ran that maz by a schülerpraktikant or sth before airing it

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Randler posted:

Yeah, of course, that's what they wanted to do. Poor gamers!

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Saw this ad in the U Bahnhof... cant say its very convincing

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Agree, they should have gone with "Kokxi"

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
Is that Berlin? Somewhere in the North, but I can't guess it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

AstroWhale posted:

Is that Berlin? Somewhere in the North, but I can't guess it now.

The ad? Yes that's in Berlin