Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I'd love it if someone that likes old games could try out the two Imperialism games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
Can anyone suggest a good VLP of Darkwood?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Speaking of Blue Dragon, I'd love to see a vlp of it. My copy was damaged, so I could never progress beyond the first boss.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Does anyone know of an informative, non blind play through of the Daughters of Ash mod for Dark Souls?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I saw a brief noodling-around stream of Outer Wilds and would love to see more.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

whitehelm posted:

Well, maybe check out the blind playthrough by iateyourpie. It's on Twitch but his chat is heavily moderated for spoilers. The only problem is his video of the DLC case fell through the cracks and is gone. If you enjoy that he's played the entire series but AAI1 and PLvAA videos are also missing (AAI2 is there).

That's a pretty cool one! Thanks. Fulfills all my criteria of not being annoying.

Hirayuki posted:

I saw a brief noodling-around stream of Outer Wilds and would love to see more.

Seconding this! From what I've seen, it's an utterly fascinating game which I am abso-loving-lutely unable to play without being terrified out of my skull, worse than Subnautica, maybe. But I am intrigued.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

flesh dance posted:

supergreatfriend played through Laser Lords during his weekly variety streams a few years ago. I haven't watched it myself (all that voice acting was too much to handle), but as far as game playing on the internet goes he's one of the best in the biz, so it's probably good if voice acting is indeed what you're looking for. My only gripe is that he had the chat displayed on the screen back then, but it's ignorable

This was pretty much the best way I could have hoped for a Laser Lords LP to be handled, thanks! Also cool that he knocked out both of the Mystic Midway games in that video series.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I'm pretty curious about Trails of Cold Steel and maybe its sequels being LPed, mostly because of what I've heard about how much writing went into the lives of its NPCs. I'd ask for Trails from Zero and Trails to Azure too, but they haven't been localized and I'm not counting on someone to do that all by themselves.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Cold Steel is being done by someone right now but I forget who. Trails to Azure might be as well?

E: Cold Steel, Trails to Zero

Artix fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 17, 2019

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Are there any good LPs of the Persona 2 duology? There's one on the archave of Eternal Punishment (the second game in the story), but it's about a decade old and doesn't doesn't really go into the mechanics of the game as much as I'd like.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Are there any good LPs of the Persona 2 duology? There's one on the archave of Eternal Punishment (the second game in the story), but it's about a decade old and doesn't doesn't really go into the mechanics of the game as much as I'd like.
Apepresident did a VLP of Innocent Sin in 2015. It's been a while since I watched any of the videos so I don't remember how in-depth it goes, but here it is: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740190

I tried to SSLP Innocent Sin myself in 2017, but had to quit a few updates in because my life was a goddamn mess at the time and I just didn't feel like the LP was turning out as well as I'd hoped.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Koorisch posted:

I'd love it if someone that likes old games could try out the two Imperialism games.

I'd like to second this, those were some of my favourites back in the day and I'd definitely follow a decent LP.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there anything good for A Hat In Time?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Turtlicious posted:

Is there anything good for A Hat In Time?
DoubleNegative was doing a great subtitled LP, but sadly a hard drive failure ate the last 20% or so of the game footage. No goons have stepped up to the plate since.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hi, not sure if anyone is updating the Recommendations list anymore but I'd like to suggest FPZero and Tyty's Super Mario Brothers World Vanilla Level Design Contest 9 from a few years ago. It was a real lesson in well level design in a well known, simplistic but nuanced series. The presenters clearly know what they're talking about and I found it to be highly educational in getting to understand the core concepts to video game level design in general. I don't think any other LP has covered the same sort of pure design based content, making it a unique experience.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
So a few years back, your evil twin was doing a pretty cool Mortal Kombat 9 (the 2011 reboot) LP but, as YET LPs have tended to do, it disappeared into the archives without resolution (not sure why it was marked as finished on the master list - it got through 7 of 16 chapters). There's now a Mortal Kombat lore podcast (Mortal Podkast), and it's got me wanting to watch a video LP of the reboot games's story modes. I wouldn't mind a SA LPer tackling the project, but absent that, can anyone recommend a tolerable (no face-cam, no chat, etc) off-site LP that's complete? Preferably for all three, but separate LPs starting with 9 would be fine.

(Bonus points for an Injustice 2 story mode LP, for that matter.)

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Are there any good LPs of Devil May Cry 5? Preferably by someone who is pretty good at the game.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

It feels more like a tutorial than an LP, but XLHGladiator's DMD Perfect S Rank series is sensational.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Requesting a VLP of Mega Man 8. The one in the LP Archive was hosted on Google Video.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

TheJayOfSpade recently did an LP of MM8.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
okay, apparently i'm supposed to ask this here

does chip's current lp of metal gear solid v have a thread somewhere?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
It does, but only on The LP Zone, and Chip stopped updating the OP around episode 30. He doesn't even post updates there anymore, other thread readers do.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Chip and a bunch of LPer's bailed on SA after the last Shmorky drama

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
Wait, I thought there was only one shmorky drama! Was there another??

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I'll PM it to prevent a derail.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

drkeiscool posted:

Wait, I thought there was only one shmorky drama! Was there another??

No, there wasn't, this is just the old hat poo poo being trudged up again

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
Oh, okay. Sorry to derail

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is there a channel showcasing Japanese games from the '80s? Stuff that didn't get Western releases.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Artix posted:

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade for Three Houses but it is a massive game. Three (and a half) completely distinct routes at 30-50 hours a piece with god only knows how much exploration time depending on how completionist you want to be, not to mention recruiting from the other classes and balancing how much you want to show off... I'm sure someone will tackle it but good god is that person in for a ride.

Paging Dark Id to the thread.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Chokes McGee posted:

Paging Dark Id to the thread.

He's already got a project going and there is quite literally an active thread for Three Houses right now.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I'd like to put in a request for The Last Guardian. Played enough of the beginning recently to know I still suck at that type of game.

Koorisch posted:

I did the first game a few years back (and it's in the archive now), but I never got into the second and would like to see it done as well.

Kangra fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 16, 2019

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Materant posted:

He's already got a project going and there is quite literally an active thread for Three Houses right now.

I thought Dark ID was taking a permanent hiatus after some awful poo poo happened in his personal life?

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
It doesn't have to be TDI, but there's no rule against having multiple LPs of one game...

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Hunt11 posted:

I thought Dark ID was taking a permanent hiatus after some awful poo poo happened in his personal life?
It seems he's back on the horse, because he's started up Shadow Hearts 2 again.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

I would adore seeing Gihren’s Greed—Menace of Axis V or New Gihren’s Greed be attempted by some poor, ill-prepared schmuck enterprising goon with a can-do attitude and a keen eye for strategy. I think there’s an English patch for Menace of Axis V in the works over yonder on 4chan’s /m/ board, come to think of it. Maybe they could use that?

EDIT: poo poo, didn’t see that it was already on the list.

HereticMIND fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 18, 2019

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
I’d really like to see someone tackle Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2 in a SSLP format. I think seeing the whole story from start to end would reveal a hefty and interesting tale about gods, souls, and morality.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

If people had to pick just one of the Civilization LPs on lparchive to read, which would it be? I'm getting the itch to play some Civ again but I haven't got the time or, realistically, the computer to do it.

If you're aware of another Civilization LP that isn't in the master list feel free to recommend that.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Can anyone recommend an indepth LP of Darkest Dungeon (with the DLC)? I know Highwang did a really good LP of the base game but I don't believe he ever did the DLC content.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

bike tory posted:

If people had to pick just one of the Civilization LPs on lparchive to read, which would it be? I'm getting the itch to play some Civ again but I haven't got the time or, realistically, the computer to do it.

If you're aware of another Civilization LP that isn't in the master list feel free to recommend that.

If you don't mind modded:

https://lparchive.org/Civilization-V-Peace-Walker/

If you don't mind not lparchive:

http://www.sullla.com/civ4.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

bike tory posted:

For all that it didn't play through to the end, Zoolooman's Civ4 LP is the one that immediately came to mind. It's written like a scholarly archaeological analysis of the various cultures based on found artifacts and writings from the time period. Maybe not to everyone's tastes but I thought it was really well done.

Speedball's Civ5 Metal Slug LP was also pretty fun though, for a more traditional silly thing.