Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Zoran posted:

Still can’t get over the idea that the Resistance's allies really did hear the distress call in TLJ, and they had plenty of ships on hand to help, and they wanted to assist, but they couldn’t get their return call through so they gave up

Lol, loving WOW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
They’ll never kill Chewbacca because he can always be seamlessly recast, and by all appearances is effectively immortal.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

pospysyl posted:

Oh poo poo, the leak where he shoots force lightning into the sky and it becomes super force lightning was right! Now I'm hype.

The potential of him being a salt vampire and using Sith magic to rejuvinate himself into full Senate form also has me giddy as gently caress.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
gently caress this stupid rear end movie

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is the possibility that the Millennium Falcon might be destroyed. I want something precious to us to be destroyed or killed in this movie.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Those aren’t storyboards.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I said come in! posted:

There is the possibility that the Millennium Falcon might be destroyed. I want something precious to us to be destroyed or killed in this movie.

You mean other than Palpatine?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't see the point in destroying actorless nostalgia objects that could serve as emotional manipulation and/or merch opportunities indefinitely. But clearly no one involved is firing on all cylinders for this one

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Gonz posted:

The potential of him being a salt vampire and using Sith magic to rejuvinate himself into full Senate form also has me giddy as gently caress.

Would like to see uncle palps just go full on gonzo mode with the lightning.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

I said come in! posted:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

This would really make the most sense, since he’s the main through line for the “Skywalker Saga”, and has already been replaced. Let R2 take a bullet for 3PO. Then he can show up as a ghost with Luke and Leia

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Don't you dare touch my precious domed blue boy.

TheBuilder posted:

gently caress this stupid rear end movie

These reactions are seriously the best.

Let the angah flloooow through youuu!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

jesus christ this better be real

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The resistance flagship "Lusitania"

Thanks!

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

General Dog posted:

They’ll never kill Chewbacca because he can always be seamlessly recast, and by all appearances is effectively immortal.

It's funny how this is true and runs opposite to killing him in the books because he was too difficult to write

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

My money is in 3PO cos his merch is weak, his voice actor is old and he has the “one last look” poo poo in the trailer.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

So who the gently caress is Matt Smith? Is he rejuvenated Sheev since McDiarmid is pretty old?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Paulie has been doing Sith CrossFit for 36 years since ROTJ. His midichlorian levels must be jacked AF and off the charts!

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

weekly font posted:

So who the gently caress is Matt Smith? Is he rejuvenated Sheev since McDiarmid is pretty old?

The rumors are either that or that he's a Knight of Ren that gets possessed by the Emperor.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mcdiarmid is only 75

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

still funny to me that they gave the falcon the round dish again. Oh boy, that rectangle was just too different from the OG.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

well why not posted:

My money is in 3PO cos his merch is weak, his voice actor is old and he has the “one last look” poo poo in the trailer.

He's also the eldest skywalker sibling who has been poo poo on by the family for the better part of a century. Let him die

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

AndyElusive posted:

Don't you dare touch my precious domed blue boy.

These reactions are seriously the best.

Let the angah flloooow through youuu!

I love R2D2 a lot too, hence why he was my pick. Him, C3PO, Chewbacca, and the Falcon would be the biggest and only gut punches in deaths for me.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Or matt smith just got completely edited/reshot out of the movie. Turns out adding a bunch of new characters isn't a good way to remake return of the jedi :wth:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

euphronius posted:

Mcdiarmid is only 75

Certainly old enough to be old and injured and ham it up but if he eats Ren's force soul or whatever and then is in a big fight I could maybe see them switching out? Either way it's just weird his casting was so hyped and secretive for it to be a nothing character.

No Mods No Masters posted:

Or matt smith just got completely edited/reshot out of the movie. Turns out adding a bunch of new characters isn't a good way to remake return of the jedi :wth:

That... that's probably exactly it.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The Knights of Not Appearing in this Picture

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This isn’t even the best leak of today

My son, when you were born the very swamps of Naboo whispered the name... Sheev.

No Emperor reigns forever. There must always be a Sith Lord.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
Oh my god those leaks were at least a bit accurate, this is so bad lol.

I didn't like TLJ but at least there was an attempt to do something there, this is just nothing, base pandering. I don't feel anger I'm just done.

I haven't seen Solo yet and it looks like I'm skipping this one too.

I'd like to thank Disney for curing me of Star Wars, they've done me a service.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

doomrider7 posted:

I love R2D2 a lot too, hence why he was my pick. Him, C3PO, Chewbacca, and the Falcon would be the biggest and only gut punches in deaths for me.

Nothing can phase me because nothing past the OT counts. I hope everyone gets cut in half and falls down an endless pit and then shows up in later scenes perfectly fine with no explanation at all.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Han as a Force ghost is amazing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Han as a Force ghost is amazing.

I am so confused by this. Does it make canonical sense at all?

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

His midis allowed him to pilot the Falcon like an Ace and as such basically had force powers I guess

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Midichlorians are sexually transmitted

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
making money > making sense.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Least I didn't see anything about time travel

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

doomrider7 posted:

Lol, loving WOW!

so Luke’s Big Sacrifice really was a complete and utter waste for everyone. turns out he didn’t need to be a symbol of hope in the galaxy at all. could’ve just sat back drinking that blue titty milk and hitting the weights getting yolked for a real showdown with Kylo instead of getting too tuckered out and dropping dead after doing literally loving nothing for like 35 years or whatever

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

In a surprising twist Matt Smith is playing Skynet again in this movie.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My favorite part of that mega spoiler PDF is Kylo meeting Palpatine for the first time and Palp going “let the past die is dumb as hell the past rules the future” and then he rebuilds his mask while everyone watches.

It’s such a petty gently caress you to TLJ.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Didn't the spoilers also say that after 3POs "heroic" decision to get his memory wiped, they restore a backup from around TFA?

Way to undercut your own loving story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

My favorite part of that mega spoiler PDF is Kylo meeting Palpatine for the first time and Palp going “let the past die is dumb as hell the past rules the future” and then he rebuilds his mask while everyone watches.

It’s such a petty gently caress you to TLJ.

I mean it’s the villain saying it to be fair.

gently caress everything about this movie sounds so slap dash. I thought TLJ was pretty bad but at least it had an opinion.