Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
double post time.

Now they both sit next to the duck rung

Mayo's becoming more habituated to my hands and for the first time he flew some distance to land on my arm today! Of course I had Pesto with me at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I love this.

DUCK BUDGIE BUDGIE

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I showed this with sound to my own tiels, and Putni immediately started flock calling and being confused/sad the third bird in the room wasn't reacting to him.
After moving to the post page where both picture and sound disappeared he's now perching on my head letting out some confused-sounding peeps.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

nielsm posted:

I showed this with sound to my own tiels, and Putni immediately started flock calling and being confused/sad the third bird in the room wasn't reacting to him.
After moving to the post page where both picture and sound disappeared he's now perching on my head letting out some confused-sounding peeps.

I like when you show a parrot an image of another parrot and it tries to remove the glass or plastic separating it from its new friend :3:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/1c3SOab.mp4

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

That's a cute dog.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Lookit that goofball.

I miss having birds around. With a bit of luck by the end of next year might be a reasonable time to get a bird again.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Hug in a Can posted:

I like when you show a parrot an image of another parrot and it tries to remove the glass or plastic separating it from its new friend :3:

Serra will run around to the back of the screen and try to find their hiding space.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Ozzy reacts with alarm in response to hearing a strange cockatiel. It's a problem.

He is the only bird I've heard of who is suspicious of mirrors. Won't look into them. Won't make eye contact with his reflection.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

mombot posted:

Finally was able to find a semi-permanent home, so I was able to pick up Pippin and Coco from my friend’s house. I had been visiting as regularly as my health allowed, but couldn’t take Pippin out because my friend fosters dogs and cats and I just didn’t trust he’d be safe.

Anyways, I was afraid he’d be mad and nippy with me, as green cheeks can be. However, he has been super sweet and cuddly. Safe to say he missed me just as much as I missed him. He wouldn’t stop kissing me and then just cuddled up to my cheek. Feeling the birb love!
:h: :h: :h: :h: :h:

Plant MONSTER. posted:

double post time.

Now they both sit next to the duck rung

Mayo's becoming more habituated to my hands and for the first time he flew some distance to land on my arm today! Of course I had Pesto with me at the time.
:swoon:

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

nielsm posted:

Haha omg :3 Tiels are awesome (when they don’t yell in my ears for no reason)

Getting timeouts when he’s gotten too yelly seems to be working. he’s been much gentler the last two days :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

When Charlemagne is in Bird Jail (usually for chewing on something he shouldn't) and Amadeus isn't, they will both try very hard to catch my attention and earn his freedom. If this does not work eventually Ama will fly over to his own cage, climb rapidly inside, and sit on the perch closest to his open door quivering furiously and giving me a piece of his mind in protest/solidarity.

PRETTY
PRETTY
PRETTY
*sad Sennie whistle*
HEY
*even sadder Sennie whistle*
PRETTY

Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy they don't loathe each other, but sometimes I think being teamed up against is nearly as bad

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Serra will FIERCELY beak at me if I do anything of which she doesn't approve. Angry beak bumps and squeaks will pour out of her with impotent rage.

But she has never actually bit. Not once.

I wear some wireless headphones, with one headphone dangling under my shirt so I can hear and do other things. I'm normally listening to a podcast while I do something else, with her running all over. One of her favorite things to do is "hunting" the loose headphone under my shirt.

Today I learned she can bite. She can bite really hard. She will not bite me for anything, but the headphone she thinks is under my shirt? She can apparently bite it like she is cracking a nut. How do I know?

She bit my nip. She bit my nip, HARD.

:stare:

:derptiel:

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Pinto went into bird jail today. Why? Well.....

https://twitter.com/niceoneWern/status/1186774101219860487

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Ahahahahahahaha!!!

:3: :respek: :derptiel:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:discourse:

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

wow...

Birb Olympics tryouts soon for earring tossing...that was some distance!!

Griffball
Sep 6, 2010
I don't post here alot, but I have upgraded the cockatiel jail today. More V E R T I C A L I T Y.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Which of you goobers was walking through SFO Monday morning by the F gates with a tiel in a carrying case?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

When Charlemagne is in Bird Jail (usually for chewing on something he shouldn't) and Amadeus isn't, they will both try very hard to catch my attention and earn his freedom. If this does not work eventually Ama will fly over to his own cage, climb rapidly inside, and sit on the perch closest to his open door quivering furiously and giving me a piece of his mind in protest/solidarity.

PRETTY
PRETTY
PRETTY
*sad Sennie whistle*
HEY
*even sadder Sennie whistle*
PRETTY

Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy they don't loathe each other, but sometimes I think being teamed up against is nearly as bad
Oh my god I love them :allears:

Ever since I saw this on Twitter it pops into my head at random and I start laughing. Yeet!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

do watch this in slow motion and admire the strength of his little bird neck, his looking for where it went before you realize it's gone, and your expression going from "I love my bird" to "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE"

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Hug in a Can posted:

do watch this in slow motion and admire the strength of his little bird neck, his looking for where it went before you realize it's gone, and your expression going from "I love my bird" to "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE"

https://twitter.com/niceoneWern/status/1186853106623098880

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/DwayneZackamore/status/1187030640371347459

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

loving lol

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Got a question, but here is some bird content first -

I got a nice Halloween Avatar gifted to me and will leave it through October. But is there a way to find old avatars? Because I absolutely loved my Birb one I recently got. :derptiel:

Thanks again for that, Birb Mod. Birb Mod Best Mod

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That's a good tielbirb :3:

Yes, since it was changed by a mod/admin it's in your user history. Let me know when you'd like it back and I'll restore it. :)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That's a good tielbirb :3:

Yes, since it was changed by a mod/admin it's in your user history. Let me know when you'd like it back and I'll restore it. :)

You are the best. :derptiel: The website I used for recovering avatars wasn't working anymore.

I'll bug you come the first of November. :downs:

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Captain Log, I am also happy to hear about your impending long life, and the bird pics that will come along with that!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

mikerock posted:

Captain Log, I am also happy to hear about your impending long life, and the bird pics that will come along with that!

:derptiel: :respek: :derptiel:

I'll always have motor neuron, which is terminal, but it isn't it is progressing. Which is pretty unheard of from what I gather. God bless IVIG treatment and cockatiels with magic healing powers.

(I don't think many people get, "The ALS Talk" and then get the, "Treatment is actually working!!!" talk.)

Because of my experience, I think anytime you get sick you should submit to the healing power of derp potatoes -

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
"We have determined a new treatment for motor neuron disorders; Cockatiel dander. What we're gonna do is wheel you into a nearby public park on a gurney, shower you with seeds and breadcrumbs, then step back and let the local flock go to town."

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Captain Log posted:

Because of my experience, I think anytime you get sick you should submit to the healing power of derp potatoes -

Dr Serra is in the house (Eating all of your sunnies, curry and blueberries)!

A small price to pay for her ability and skill.

ApathyGirl
Aug 24, 2013
Captain Log, that's fantastic! When I saw the post count so high I was so worried something tragic had happened, but instead it's good news! YAAAAY!
Cocktiels FTW, always.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I love you all. :downs: :respek: :downs:

My friend and I always joked that we could open a salon where you just get covered in parakeets and they preen you to beauty.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Captain Log posted:

I love you all. :downs: :respek: :downs:

My friend and I always joked that we could open a salon where you just get covered in parakeets and they preen you to beauty.

omg if that were true, I would love to be made pretty by little birdies... (they have their work cut out for them )

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Disco Salmon posted:

omg if that were true, I would love to be made pretty by little birdies... (they have their work cut out for them )

I am always so amazed at how quick, gentle, and precise a preening beak can work. I've more than once suddenly had some dead skin on my lip painlessly removed.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Captain Log posted:

I am always so amazed at how quick, gentle, and precise a preening beak can work. I've more than once suddenly had some dead skin on my lip painlessly removed.

This does not describe Putni. He will always find the most painful way to preen my beard.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Crouton's current favourite thing is pulling out my leg and arm hairs. She also pulls out eyelashes and eyebrows but given that she is Crouton she is generally not allowed that close to eyeballs. She'll pull out head hairs which would be fine if I could train her to just pull out the grey ones.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I used to have a mole on my neck that stuck up a little. It had been there for most of my life. Sera bit it off when he was a baby.

By this point he seems to understand that my freckles cannot be removed, and if he tries, he'll lick them first to see.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

RoboRodent posted:

I used to have a mole on my neck that stuck up a little. It had been there for most of my life. Sera bit it off when he was a baby.

By this point he seems to understand that my freckles cannot be removed, and if he tries, he'll lick them first to see.

I think part of the reason Cricket loves my husband so much is that he is a freckle covered man with face stubble lol He has PLENTY of things on him to keep her busy...she will spend hours nibbling his freckles and trying to preen his whiskers if he lets her. She always gets a weird look when he shaves tho, it's quite funny :P

She is very VERY gentle on me however...she will nibble ever so softly on my eyelashes and eyelid, telling "Its ok don't worry" lol

Trevor tho...not gonna happen. I am always on my guard with him cos his nibbles turn into "Let me softly kiss you...hmmm wonder what you taste like...hey BLOOD YES!! MOAR BLOOD FOR TEH CONURE GOD" He is doing better, but we are working so hard on "gentle beaks" with him. I am thinking he just doesn't quite get it or doesn't care. I lean to the latter tbh.

RoboRodent posted:

oh god so far no one has noticed the mole on the back of my neck... these two would have a field day with it if they ever saw it :( My husband says that these two were probably practicing dermatologists in a past life lol He might be right...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

I have a freckle in the palm of my hand- one of the budgies always tries to pick it up. He doesn’t understand. It must be a seed, and yet...