Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Appmon is now legally available on Crunchyroll:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/10/13-1/crunchyroll-adds-digimon-universe-app-monsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Cyber Sleuth's on Steam and Switch now bundled with Hacker's Memory and with Hacker's Memory features backported.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

dis astranagant posted:

Cyber Sleuth's on Steam and Switch now bundled with Hacker's Memory and with Hacker's Memory features backported.

Yet it's not on PSN despite Cyber Sleuth having been delisted on that console for the better part of a year

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
besides extra Digimon, what else was back ported? I really don;t see me double dipping since I beat both on PS4.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

mateo360 posted:

besides extra Digimon, what else was back ported? I really don;t see me double dipping since I beat both on PS4.

They made some mechanical changes like increasing the stat points you can get (which makes getting things like Lilithmon much easier)

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Zore posted:

They made some mechanical changes like increasing the stat points you can get (which makes getting things like Lilithmon much easier)

And if they backported the balance changes from Hacker's Memory they also made Lilithmon much worse :pseudo:

Made more annoying because the guard break kings in Hacker's Memory were Imperialdramon PM and Alphamon Ouryuken, neither of which are attainable until literally the very very end of the game in the original Cyber Sleuth unless they relented on their special requirements.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Omnicrom posted:

And if they backported the balance changes from Hacker's Memory they also made Lilithmon much worse :pseudo:

Made more annoying because the guard break kings in Hacker's Memory were Imperialdramon PM and Alphamon Ouryuken, neither of which are attainable until literally the very very end of the game in the original Cyber Sleuth unless they relented on their special requirements.

The only annoying requirement on Alphamon Ouryruken is 80 ABI and the fact that dna digivolving consumes one of the 2 digimon used. No special requirements involved.

The only special requirements I've seen are a couple that require having completed Hacker's Memory.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 22, 2019

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Should I start with hacker's memory or cyber sleuth?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Leraika posted:

Should I start with hacker's memory or cyber sleuth?

Cyber Sleuth. Hacker’s Memory assumes that you’ve played the first game and will reference stuff that are twists from later in the first game. Also there are events in HM that just don’t make sense unless you’ve played the first game

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Balance is pretty fucky later in the game. I was quite surprised when chapter 18 had a boss that didn't take immensely more damage from neutral penetrating attacks than 3x weak regular ones, unlike every other boss since like chapter 10.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

dis astranagant posted:

The only annoying requirement on Alphamon Ouryruken is 80 ABI and the fact that dna digivolving consumes one of the 2 digimon used. No special requirements involved.

The only special requirements I've seen are a couple that require having completed Hacker's Memory.

So it sounds like they cut those requirements. Good.

For context Alphamon Ouryuken wasn't in the original Cyber Sleuth at all. Meanwhile Alphamon regular (and literally every other Royal Knight+Imperialdramon PD and Rapidmon Armor) all required you do a specific bonus fight that literally unlocks only in chapter 20 (of 20). The only other special requirement digimon in the original Cyber Sleuth IIRC was Mastemon, who you couldn't get until after an event late in the game with Mirei. A side effect of these requirements were that DORUgremon literally couldn't evolve for 99% of the game.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Omnicrom posted:

So it sounds like they cut those requirements. Good.

For context Alphamon Ouryuken wasn't in the original Cyber Sleuth at all. Meanwhile Alphamon regular (and literally every other Royal Knight+Imperialdramon PD and Rapidmon Armor) all required you do a specific bonus fight that literally unlocks only in chapter 20 (of 20). The only other special requirement digimon in the original Cyber Sleuth IIRC was Mastemon, who you couldn't get until after an event late in the game with Mirei. A side effect of these requirements were that DORUgremon literally couldn't evolve for 99% of the game.

Oh yeah forgot about the digieggs, those are still a thing so Magnamon and Rapidmon (Armor) are extra useless.

I just double checked and was able to make Imperialdramon Paladin Mode (sad lack of piercing on him) without the mission for it. I'm guessing the same can happen with Dianamon but I can't be bothered to check. On to Hacker's Memory.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 22, 2019

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I'm guessing it won't happen, but honestly I'd love people to start modding in more Digimon. Give me more stupid poo poo to make. Give me all the stupid poo poo to make.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Kurui Reiten posted:

I'm guessing it won't happen, but honestly I'd love people to start modding in more Digimon. Give me more stupid poo poo to make. Give me all the stupid poo poo to make.
Bring back DotAgumon!

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Is there anything missable with the two Cyber Sleuth games that one should watch out for or can I just go ahead without worry?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Infected posted:

Is there anything missable with the two Cyber Sleuth games that one should watch out for or can I just go ahead without worry?

Look for the dude with the V shaped hat every chapter from 4 or 5 on because he gives you rare medals and items

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Infected posted:

In both games starting chapter 5 there's a guy named Victory Uchida who gives you a different item every chapter he appears in. He moves to a new location every chapter and you can miss him, so make sure to always scout around for his ultra-distinctive V-shaped hairdo because he gives you some nice stuff. The only exceptions are in Cyber Sleuth where he shares the same location and items across chapters 4 and 5 and he doesn't appear at all in chapter 12.

In Hacker's Memory there are also collectibles, also called Hacker's Memories, some of which are missable. Specifically the Memories numbered 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 all vanish after chapter 13, so keep an eye out for them, and note they aren't in order (Memory 5 shows up IN chapter 13), so don't fret if you can't find them early on. The other new Hacker's Memories collectibles stay put so don't worry about them.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Is anyone playing Digimon Re:Arise?

I know it's a gacha game, but I've fallen in love with the characters. They're pretty simple right now but they're memorable in a classic Digimon sort of way, and I can already see how they'll develop ala the Adventure crew. It's also fairly easy to create a solid team; the game in its current form is handing you rubies hand over fist, so it's not like you have to spend a ton of money to get Megas/Ultimates on your team. Everyone gets a free V-mon and DigiEgg who can evolve to NoblePumpkinmon, and both that and AeroV-dramon are solid team choices despite the latter only being Ultimate/Perfect.

The localization is also significantly improved for Digimon, with names like Chrysalimon and Goblimon being used instead of their engrishy former dub names. It's also aligns stuff like attacks with the anime instead of the inconsistent variations from previous Bandai products too, creating a more consistent, if still having a few holes, product overall.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 22, 2019

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Starting on Hacker's Memory now.

goggleheaded protagonist posted:

I'm just a background character

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Fun fact: If you have a clear data of Cyber Sleuth and you played as the female protagonist then the cameos will show the female protagonist. If not or otherwise it goes with the male protagonist.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

Starting on Hacker's Memory now.

People keep calling you out for having a 'mob' face

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Plutonis posted:

People keep calling you out for having a 'mob' face

?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Hacker's Memory needs to hurry up and give me an actual hook instead of just being a bunch of dorks who are somehow on a first name basis with the entire cast of the first game but also know nothing that's going on while simultaneously showing up to every major beat just as Ami's leaving

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

Hacker's Memory needs to hurry up and give me an actual hook instead of just being a bunch of dorks who are somehow on a first name basis with the entire cast of the first game but also know nothing that's going on while simultaneously showing up to every major beat just as Ami's leaving

It takes a little while, yeah. The hook comes, but I don't think the story is as engaging as Cyber Sleuth.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Kurui Reiten posted:

It takes a little while, yeah. The hook comes, but I don't think the story is as engaging as Cyber Sleuth.

It’s in a position where the main character has to interact with everyone except the protagonist of Cyber Sleuth, but is not allowed to interfere with or even know about anything actually important from that game.

The game admits it’s just a “B”-Plot for Cyber Sleuth and suffers for it.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 24, 2019

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I dunno, I enjoyed HM's story more, and from my point of view the game relying on Cyber Sleuth for the plot is a good thing because it frees HM to do a character driven story which I usually enjoy more. The fact that Hacker Memory's MC is an actual character instead of a blank avatar for the player like Cyber Sleuth's also helps.

Alchem
Oct 28, 2007

I have to find her!
I enjoy how much time this game dedicates to lampshading its protagonist.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

'Mob character' is slang for basically looking like a 'npc' and not a 'protagonist', the hacker's memory protag looks 'bland' compared to like every digimon protag and people in the game talk about it a lot.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Nokia gets a lot of great lines; it really helps save her character.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Plutonis posted:

'Mob character' is slang for basically looking like a 'npc' and not a 'protagonist', the hacker's memory protag looks 'bland' compared to like every digimon protag and people in the game talk about it a lot.
I know, that's actually the source of Mob's nickname. I was just making a funny.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So is the translation/localization less terrible in HM or nah?

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Oh hello, Chairo, what a good font.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Any goon guilds in ReArise yet?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

They exist, to our great surprise.

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1189340037281976320

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

I’m so happy!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh my God, I love her look so much. :swoon:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The "they exist" bit has lost its steam considering they've been confirmed with voice actors and character designs for months now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

The "they exist" bit has lost its steam considering they've been confirmed with voice actors and character designs for months now.

People are just expressing their simple joy at Toei remembering the 02 kids after Tri seemingly being a giant purpose-built middle finger to them, in that it opens seemingly with them all dying and then never being seen or referenced again after that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Tri was a different work. Last Evolution has a completely different team; the only thing they share in common is voice actors. Last Evolution may be good, it may suck, but it's getting old how every bit of news and discussion about LE ends up dominated by what Tri did or didn't do. It has as much bearing on how Last Evolution will turn out as Appmon and the latest Precure series at this point.

And either way, their absence in Tri. is ultimately more of an absurdly handled way of providing a clumsy written in absence. It was less about hatred of the characters and more the writers just coming up with a really dumb way of focusing attention on the Adventure kids.