Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
IBO is coming to Netflix:

https://twitter.com/nxonnetflix/status/1187054988691787777?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:
Well, it looks like one of my theories was correct and we slink ever closer to something actually being done -- at least acknowledged outside of Glory of Losers notes -- with Frozen Teardrop:

https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/870062/

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
New ep of ReRise is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19qmH_ROu94

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I don't know what I expected Captain Zeon's sword to do, but it certainly wasn't that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

I don't know what I expected Captain Zeon's sword to do, but it certainly wasn't that.

I don't think anybody expected that to happen :magical:.

Also I want that Freedom Gundam with the Wing Zero Custom's wings. It's nice to just see some random background custom Gunpla in this episode too.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

All I want from this show is a redemption arc for the Gaza Brothers

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Captain Zeon is 100% gonna be a fraud.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mordja posted:

Captain Zeon is 100% gonna be a fraud.

I''m hoping he's going to be the Meijin analogue for Divers.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Should someone make a thread for the show?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

taichara posted:

Well, it looks like one of my theories was correct and we slink ever closer to something actually being done -- at least acknowledged outside of Glory of Losers notes -- with Frozen Teardrop:

https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/870062/

So those weren't arrows, they were wingtips. Still, glad to be partially correct.

Also holy poo poo Captain Zeon.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
They're not wingtips, they're the Drei Zwerg add-ons from Glory of the Losers and Frozen Teardrop.

They're just fancier looking versions that more closely resemble the aesthetics of the wings.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Finally getting around to the new Re:Rise episode.

4 minutes in, and I love Captain Zeon. A worthy successor to Meijin Kawaguchi III appears.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Saw a couple of those Gundam Universe figures at Wal-Mart, neat looking though kinda light on accessories, and also a tad larger than I personally like(would rather they be around the size of the old MSIA figures)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

broke: ver.ka

woke: ver.gyo

https://twitter.com/ippeigyoubu/status/1188070100680630272?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/ningiou/status/1189007959898112000?s=20

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

This made me unreasonably happy.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

What’s the reference? I get the Gundam part but the other part is blowing past me.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Midjack posted:

What’s the reference? I get the Gundam part but the other part is blowing past me.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/kampfer53049005/status/1189523445790330882?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

A person could spend a very long time scrolling through that person's twitter, looking at thier insane Gundam Breaker creations, trying to recognize as many of the component parts as possible

I'm not saying I did that, I'm just saying it's a thing a person could do

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV3xUNjdzQA

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm starting to get interested in the mystery of what's going on in Re Rise. They're digging up weird non-Gundam technology. If the furry people were some emergent AI situation, they wouldn't have a non-Gundam history like that. And unless I'm mistaken, those new Death Army suits aren't based off any existing MS. So the bad guys are going in their own direction too.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I'm starting to get interested in the mystery of what's going on in Re Rise. They're digging up weird non-Gundam technology. If the furry people were some emergent AI situation, they wouldn't have a non-Gundam history like that. And unless I'm mistaken, those new Death Army suits aren't based off any existing MS. So the bad guys are going in their own direction too.

I mean, the Death Army suits are just derivative of the G Gundam Death Army, presumably made in the image of whatever their leader is.

As far as the non-Gundam technology, I couldn't tell you. I'm not familiar with Build Divers 1, so I wouldn't know if there is anything related to be found there. It could be a .hack// situation where the game creators aren't in 100% control of their own drat system.

The intro gives me some Digimon Adventure 2 vibes, and I feel like there's gonna be a Death Emperor somewhere in here.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Warmachine posted:

I mean, the Death Army suits are just derivative of the G Gundam Death Army, presumably made in the image of whatever their leader is.

At first it was all grey and slightly spikey Death Armies. But this new thing, while being derivative of that, is also just really weird and unique.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gripweed posted:

At first it was all grey and slightly spikey Death Armies. But this new thing, while being derivative of that, is also just really weird and unique.

It appears to be a very stripped-down version of the Death Birdie.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mai hangs out with Magee, so she's confirmed to be good.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

The colorscheme, mouth and visor makes it look more like a Decepticon than a Gundam unit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Man at first I was like "whoa this time a BOY is the one piloting the SD gundam" but with a name like valkylander I should have still guessed that it was going to be targeted to women. Still I liked the transformed look, too bad that all SD models are a bitch and a half to decal

Also Hiroto being secretly a gigantic dweeb suppressing his power level under a cool detached exterior.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Darth Walrus posted:

It appears to be a very stripped-down version of the Death Birdie.

Oh yeah

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

It's interesting how ReRise seems to a lot more character-driven than expected. While the furry village is working with the Builders, they have different opinions and motivations about it. Maiya appreciates them helping but hates how her family gets dragged into danger, Jed is cooperative because it'll increase the chances of his mission succeeding but his subordinate isn't sure how much they can trust the Builders, and the blue dog kid doesn't like how he's sidelined for being a kid but Freddie gets to help the Resistance.

Plus, the way the show handles the Builders being a team of complete strangers is pretty good. I could relate to Par last episode when he was desperately babbling just to keep the conversation going, and got a laugh this episode at Hiroto being so awkward with his pep talk. Also Hiroto not forcing Par to confront his fear of flying and just bonding over their love of Gunpla was sweet.

This one's minor, but I like the detail of Kazami being surprised about the lava shooting up like geysers because they couldn't read the writing on the map. It sounds like the villagers have their own alphabet and language and adds to the idea that this is an Isekai story.

chumbler posted:

Mai hangs out with Magee, so she's confirmed to be good.

Yeah, it sounds like she's helping out Magee as a playtester and looking for bugs in the game

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wait, what the hell? All of these posts seem to suggest the new Build series isn't absolute poo poo, but that's completely impossible. It's even a Divers sequel, there's no way it is good, is there?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

people are just grasping at straws because try and divers vanilla beat them down so hard

which is to say it's not totally awful but there's next to nothing to recommend it

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

dogsicle posted:

people are just grasping at straws because try and divers vanilla beat them down so hard

which is to say it's not totally awful but there's next to nothing to recommend it

Basically this. I can't believe I'm even watching another Build show.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Re Rise is definitely not making the same mistakes Build Divers or Build Fighters Try did. Nobody here is overpowered, nobody is getting a free leg up just from being the protagonist, it seems like everyone has their own different motivation and history. And the central mystery does seem to be shaping up to be getting around the edges of being interesting.

The mistake Re Rise is making is just being super slow about actually explaining the mystery and the character's motivations and histories, and getting the characters comfortable enough with each other for entertaining interactions to occur.

IMO, the stuff that has been set up and the apparent care being taken with the characters makes me hopeful that Re Rise will end up being a slow burn secret good show. But there's also a serious chance it could just end up boring the whole way through.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Wait, what the hell? All of these posts seem to suggest the new Build series isn't absolute poo poo, but that's completely impossible. It's even a Divers sequel, there's no way it is good, is there?

It's not good, and I'm not keeping up, but it's not absolute poo poo.

It's basically a middling isekai with some Gundam stuff in a season already flooded with isekai. Characters have personalities and motives, there's a plot with forward momentum, you know, all the basics are there to say "this is a show you could watch, there is worse out there".

Might get better, might get worse, but it's not likely to be any kind of a standout either way.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Yeah, I've got my expectations set pretty low after Divers and I'm just hoping the show ends up being good. :v:

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I don't think we'll ever get a Build series as good as the original, but Rerise is actually trying and so far isn't completely valueless. It definitely has problems with pacing and its priorities are off, but after Try and Divers "5.5/10 okay" is way above par.

I'm definitely grading it on a curve, but on the other hand for the first time since the original Build Fighters I've got a series where I'm actually looking forward to the next episode.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Tomino thinks anime needs to stop teasing romantic poo poo and just get on with gettin on: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...ntimacy/.152531

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hasn't he said like, the exact opposite in regards to sexual content in anime before?

Like I seem to recall him complaining about it in an interview about Wings of Rean or something.