Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's better than anything I saw in multiverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Rorschach and Robotnik are too old to pilot an Eva, so clearly Meg and Pinocchio are the other two candidates.

Which means that in this reality, there's potential for a Buu fused with the powers of the Kais, Evas and Monstro the Whale.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frankly half of that image could actually happen in a super robot wars game

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

If Rorschach is there that means Dr Manhattan exists, in which case Buu is hosed.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
So is Rorschach the Piccolo or the Krillin here? I'm guessing Piccolo.

Reminded of the charm of Tails Gets Trolled is that it's basically an autistic teenager's comic except as a complete and fully formed story that never blinks for a moment.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Well yeah, this has some actual creativity put into it instead of Multiverse's amazingly mediocre use of what could be an interesting idea.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I like that Goku almost dies to Broly because he’s an idiot and stays in Red rather than going straight to Blue.

Edit: argh Gogeta not icing Frieza makes zero sense.

Real Cool Catfish fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 2, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

They're putting off killing Freiza like a fine wine.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Goku and Vegeta recognize a fellow carrier of the Fight Addiction. They want Frieza to pursue that road to challenge them, and to bring them new challengers of incredible strength like Broly.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Black August posted:

Goku and Vegeta recognize a fellow carrier of the Fight Addiction. They want Frieza to pursue that road to challenge them, and to bring them new challengers of incredible strength like Broly.

Pffft that’s just Goku.

Vegeta is a lot more trigger happy.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

TheKingofSprings posted:

No but you did remind me of this classic:

The funny thing is EVA appears in Super Robot Wars semi-regularly and that series is functionally just this image but sold for money.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Siegkrow posted:

If Rorschach is there that means Dr Manhattan exists, in which case Buu is hosed.

Ozymandias Mafuba'd Buu 35 minutes ago.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Except with, y'know, good art. And the crossovers all have something in common (giant robots!) so it doesn't seem quite so disjointed.

Besides, Shinji going to school with Koji of Mazinger Z or/and Ryoma of Getter Robo tends to make Shinji less of a wuss.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Autism, and I say that from experience. Sometimes you just gotta mash together everything you're remotely interested in and can't stop yourself if you tried.

Originality is when you learn to file the serial numbers off of everyone and present it as new.

I feel personally attacked by this statement as I continue to write my "ranma 1/2 but trans with the serial numbers scratched off" novel.

Justin_Brett posted:

The funny thing is EVA appears in Super Robot Wars semi-regularly and that series is functionally just this image but sold for money.

Funny you should say that as I found the exact moment in the series this happens, sort of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCooUOkVqfs&t=209s

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blaze Dragon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb53pYDd4G0

I like the Gogeta orange/blue fusion effect on Vegetto.

BASEBALL MINIGAME BASEBALL MINIGAME BASEBALL MINIGAME

MOTHERFUCKING SOLD

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Covok posted:

I feel personally attacked by this statement as I continue to write my "ranma 1/2 but trans with the serial numbers scratched off" novel.

Funny you should say that as I found the exact moment in the series this happens, sort of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCooUOkVqfs&t=209s

I mean it's not like the author of that doesn't recycle their own characters the moment they run out of ways to stall having any actual resolution anyway.

Something scratches an itch about megacrossovers, if y'know, Infinity War and Endgame didn't show that. I think in some cases the wildly clashing tones might be part of the appeal for someone who has trouble distinguishing different characters within a series.

Siegkrow posted:

Except with, y'know, good art. And the crossovers all have something in common (giant robots!) so it doesn't seem quite so disjointed.

Besides, Shinji going to school with Koji of Mazinger Z or/and Ryoma of Getter Robo tends to make Shinji less of a wuss.

I do get the impression that Shinji can turn into basically a standard mecha action hero when he actually has supportive friends and peers.

I get the feeling him and Gohan would have a lot to talk about.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Gohan gets an Eva, powered by the Dragon Balls of Earth!

...and Goku’s cheerful, enthusiastic, extremely talkative soul, that keeps preventing Gohan from making killing blows because Whis and his family are just such a good fight, Gohan.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Black August posted:

Gohan gets an Eva, powered by the Dragon Balls of Earth!

...and Goku’s cheerful, enthusiastic, extremely talkative soul, that keeps preventing Gohan from making killing blows because Whis and his family are just such a good fight, Gohan.

This is a prosperous Earth and this is first impact. And this is first impact again. You can call it second impact. And this, this is to go even further beyond!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

No Goku you can't make '# Impact' into a technique you use during fights Goku don't try it GOKU N-

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Everyone talking talking about Saiyans when the real story is that Yamcha and Kaji have always been the same person.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtheGaTdBmE

This is a pretty neat AMV but man, it sure shows how terrible Heroes looks.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Covok posted:

ranma 1/2 but trans

this is making my head hurt

Covok
May 27, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

I'll be making a thread in Creative Convention for feedback sometime soon, if you're interested. It's actually an original story that sprung off that idea.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

Well, the idea of Ranma 1/2 Is that despite transforming with water, Ranma identified as a Cisdude, the transformation is temporal.

If you go with Trans, then Ranma starts out as a transgirl but the water curse is now a water blessing that allows the true self.

(Right?)

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Siegkrow posted:

Well, the idea of Ranma 1/2 Is that despite transforming with water, Ranma identified as a Cisdude, the transformation is temporal.

If you go with Trans, then Ranma starts out as a transgirl but the water curse is now a water blessing that allows the true self.

(Right?)

ok, if thats what it is thats p cool and I could see getting into it

in the actual show it doesn't take long before its just a thing, and girl-ranma is almost completely feminine

Covok
May 27, 2013

Siegkrow posted:

(Right?)

Yep, that is the premise of Declaration of Womanhood except a lot of things are different and stuff. But this isn't the place to go into it.

RFC2324 posted:

ok, if thats what it is thats p cool and I could see getting into it

in the actual show it doesn't take long before its just a thing, and girl-ranma is almost completely feminine

Well, maybe check the thread out later when I make it :) I'd love any feedback.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/S_U_works/status/1191942613185814534

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

New Leaf posted:

I think you're underselling Frieza and overselling the non-Saiyans.. Post-Buu Piccolo could have probably handled him, but I'm not sure Tien or Krillin could have. And that's coming from a massive Krillin fan.

In DBZ, Future Trunks could vaporise Frieza but got clowned by 18.

When 18 is trying to escape from imperfect Cell she blasts him and it does literally nothing. There's no reason to believe in the last defense of her life she wouldn't go all out.

The Neo Tribeam doesn't hurt imperfect Cell but he can't ignore it. It would have pasted Frieza.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Alt timeline with Vegito Black coming back to the main timeline. Imagine the arrogance of Black with that body.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Zedd posted:

Alt timeline with Vegito Black coming back to the main timeline. Imagine the arrogance of Black with that body.

Dragon Ball Heroes spoilers.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Zedd posted:

gently caress it, make Karoly Black canon also and then have all three of them throw down.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Zedd posted:

Baby Vegito Black.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Who would black merge with to form Vegitto? Another Zamasu steals Vegeta's body?

Also I still wanna see Froly, the truest terror. How big would he be? Would he actually have hair? Would he have a tail? How many fingers and toes? Is it just Broly wearing clown makeup? Where would Frieza clip the earring when he doesn't have ears? WE NEED TO KNOW.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 7, 2019

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Eazy-Freezy would never ever ever ever ever ever EVER consent to fusion with a Saiyan, even in a matter of life or death. A matter of erasure, sure, but nothing less.

Now, tricking him into it? God yes.

I wanna see Broly and Vegeta fuse. Imagine how strange a person THAT’D be.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Black August posted:

Eazy-Freezy would never ever ever ever ever ever EVER consent to fusion with a Saiyan, even in a matter of life or death. A matter of erasure, sure, but nothing less.

Now, tricking him into it? God yes.

I wanna see Broly and Vegeta fuse. Imagine how strange a person THAT’D be.

Vegamcha.

He'd just punch himself in the face with alternating hands repeatedly until it wore off.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Momomo posted:

Baby Vegito Black.

Majin Baby Vegito Black.

Fuzz posted:

Vegamcha.

He'd just punch himself in the face with alternating hands repeatedly until it wore off.

Now I'm just imagining the self-sacrifice scene from the Buu Saga, but when the dust clears Vegeta is doing the Yamcha death pose.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Is Yamacha fused with Tien (Tiencha) stronger than Earth's mightest human, Krillin?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It's a shame they don't allow the insane power of fusion to be a solution for weaker fighters to be able to participate in the big battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Black August posted:

It's a shame they don't allow the insane power of fusion to be a solution for weaker fighters to be able to participate in the big battles.

Well, to be fair fusion isn't really a solution for stronger fighters either in a lot of cases. Canon dragonball fusion are:

Gotenks - Fucks around a lot and never has a chance to beat his enemy.

Vegeto - Would have wiped the floor with his enemy, and accomplished his goals.

Zamasu - Was already immortal. Might have avoided being mafuba'd I guess?

Vegeto Blue - Defused without doing meaningful damage

Kefla - Lost while making Goku more powerful.

Gogeta - wrecked broly.

So really the only fusion that matters is a Goku based fusion fighting someone that isn't immortal. As it should be.