Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shut up Meg posted:

This is the right answer.

Though I will put in a vote for these:

Dump the lovely wallwart and run them off a USB power supply. Handles all sizes of batteries - a nice trick is that some ali torches use 3xAAA, but a 16350 will fit in there and you can steal these from broken laptops or powerbanks.

OK so why exactly is there a Chinese brand called

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Budkexpress.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

By popular demand posted:

The rule of thumb is: don't get lithium batteries or power supply units from AE unless you're a professional electrician or something.

Very fair, I made a post a few pages back with a power supply I purchased. It was really good, but I did test it heavily with decent measurement equipment.

I honestly can't say if the unit shipped before or after the one I got would burn your house down. Don't take the risk imo. That said, anything you buy locally or off Amazon could easily have the same issues. The supply chain is totally hosed everywhere at this point.

I guess try not to die eh.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

OK so why exactly is there a Chinese brand called

?

Why not? It's a pretty fish.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

BUYIN DIS

So, I broke my "no electronics" rule to buy an astonishingly cheap food dehydrator that was at least ASSEMBLED in Germany, and it's actually working really well. I'm still suspicious that it'll explode and shower my kitchen in beef jerky fragments, but I have two hungry cats, so...as long as there's no fire, I'm fine, I guess.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Fiery fatty jerky (literally)

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Jerry Cotton posted:

Budkexpress.

Yep

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
Anything anyone is targeting for the 11/11 sale? I'm not entirely sure how they work but I've been hoarding select coupons and coins, and have a few things in my cart that should get pretty cheap, like an Eachine drone and Sunnecko 6.5" chef's knife.

If nothing else nobody should be ordering anything until Monday it'll all be a few bucks cheaper.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
For the sale, don't forget that select coupons are drat near worthless and only mean something if you can combine them with others. Always check for store coupons and place your orders in batches that maximize coupon usage.

Most savings are fake (prices are just jacked up now), but you can find deals if you have followed items or have one of the browser extensions that can do it for you.

Coins are useless.

Got my basket well and full of junk from the previous pages I don't need.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
I have a price tracker and most of the items are equal to or slightly below their lowest 3/6 month averages. Not particularly so, I haven't seen anything that's OMG crazy, but the places that have store coupons + select coupons you can get a few dollars off if you can stack.

Like the Eachine E520S will be down to $65.79 for the 1080p/5G WiFi/2Batteries version. There's a select coupon up to $6 off $65 so it'll be $59.79 which is I believe the cheapest it's ever been. I do a lot of hiking/canoing/camping and have wanted to dick around with a drone in the woods for a while now and $60... yeah I can spare that. It's got great amazon reviews.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Fiery fatty jerky (literally)

whooooa dried meat strips *blam the ham*

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Have wanted a hexagon print bed set for ages, nowhere sells them; find duvet printing seller on AliX, run up design and send it over, pay reasonable fee - 3 weeks later:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32955444328.html

:discourse:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What war games will you play in that bedroom?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
My sister bought me a baphomet throw blanket thing for my birthday. It's v nice.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

By popular demand posted:

What war games will you play in that bedroom?

My hex life is my own business.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

You're gonna have to check your bed for bees every day from now on.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Don't worry, all the big bees are hiding under the bed. They don't like light, you see, so they only come out to eat during the night.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

My hex life is my own business.

God drat

For more contribution, some more poo poo I've bought recently:

C$ 3.67 2%OFF | 1Set Traffic Light Signal HO OO Scale LED Model Architecture Train Railroad Crossing Walk Street + Circuit Board
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/4JiRyYAG

Small traffic light and a circuit board to control it - gonna add this to a Warhammer 40K robot for an Urban themed army I'm doing

C$ 10.70 | 54cm Cosplay 1:1 Thor Hammer Figure Model Hammer Weapon Kids Gift Game Role Playing Safety PU Material Costume
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/tqLrfLfS

This says Thor hammer, but it's actually the DOOMHAMMER and for 10 bucks it is perfect for defending my home

C$ 1.03 34%OFF | Women Fashion Coin Purse Mini Wallet Money Pouch Keyring Card Holder Small Zip Bag
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/du8jPEcg

This was totally linked by someone else already but it's a super funny coin purse and gets a laugh every time

C$ 14.44 | Purple PU Leather Folding Hexagon Tray W/Purple Velvet For RPG, DnD, Other Dice Games And Storage
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/pnlY2ASc

This says unavailable now, but it's a cool dice tray for rolling into, but it folds down flat which is handy for transport.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BaronVanAwesome posted:

God drat

For more contribution, some more poo poo I've bought recently:

C$ 3.67 2%OFF | 1Set Traffic Light Signal HO OO Scale LED Model Architecture Train Railroad Crossing Walk Street + Circuit Board
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/4JiRyYAG

Small traffic light and a circuit board to control it - gonna add this to a Warhammer 40K robot for an Urban themed army I'm doing

C$ 10.70 | 54cm Cosplay 1:1 Thor Hammer Figure Model Hammer Weapon Kids Gift Game Role Playing Safety PU Material Costume
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/tqLrfLfS

This says Thor hammer, but it's actually the DOOMHAMMER and for 10 bucks it is perfect for defending my home

C$ 1.03 34%OFF | Women Fashion Coin Purse Mini Wallet Money Pouch Keyring Card Holder Small Zip Bag
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/du8jPEcg

This was totally linked by someone else already but it's a super funny coin purse and gets a laugh every time

C$ 14.44 | Purple PU Leather Folding Hexagon Tray W/Purple Velvet For RPG, DnD, Other Dice Games And Storage
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/pnlY2ASc

This says unavailable now, but it's a cool dice tray for rolling into, but it folds down flat which is handy for transport.
very choice choices

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Nov 9, 2019

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...
Sellers have started Whatsapp'ing me now. Like "has our package arrived" for something that I marked as arrived 2 weeks ago. I hope this doesn't escalate.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Oh nice, finally a way for me to have some actual friends on social media :unsmith:

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.
I ordered a present for my husband (a warm-up jacket for one of his teams) and received a pair of socks. I tried to order this jacket like six months ago and the order was eventually canceled. If I'm out $40, I'm going to be pissed.

Also, I initially thought the socks were one of those weird things we've discussed in this thread with sellers sending out random items as some kind of scam. But now I think they either screwed up or are loving with me. :mad:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Just dispute the order. AliExpress if pretty good about getting your money back for obvious gently caress ups or non deliveries. It will take a week or so and don’t agree to anything the seller offers unless it’s a full refund.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

What's a decent cheap small bluetooth gamepad I can use for playing SNES RPGs on my phone? I'm browsing now trying to find one but I wouldn't mind some goon input

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

blatman posted:

What's a decent cheap small bluetooth gamepad I can use for playing SNES RPGs on my phone? I'm browsing now trying to find one but I wouldn't mind some goon input

It seems like they all get pretty mixed reviews. I ordered one of these yesterday: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CPXD82R/ Figured it was cheap enough to give it a shot.

e: oops aliexpress thread. hopefully that's cheap enough

taqueso fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 9, 2019

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

blatman posted:

The 8bitdo zero is super small and bluetooth. might be a bit too small though.

[edit] cant find it on ali, though I'm sure you can get it on amazon. 8bitdo controllers are nice and not too expensive

Tarkus fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 9, 2019

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Still amazon and not cheap, but this 8bitdo snes style controller looks dope. I couldn't find anything equivalent on alie, the closest was one with non-bluetooth wireless that requires a usb dongle on the receiving end.

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

2018 New Style Conjoined Down Suit 1500g Goose Down Filling Waterproof Professional Comfortable Winter Down Jacket

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I've got a couple of 8bitdo SNES-style bluetooth controllers (retro models - no thumbsticks, one set of shoulder buttons) and both their build quality and functionality is top-notch.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I don't want to go through Amazon because they never attempt delivery for my packages, Aliexpress either dumps it in my mailbox or leaves a pick-up notice but Amazon couriers just phone me from across town to say they're going to show up and then never show

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

DoombatINC posted:

I've got a couple of 8bitdo SNES-style bluetooth controllers (retro models - no thumbsticks, one set of shoulder buttons) and both their build quality and functionality is top-notch.

I have the same, they're probably just from the official factory there.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

With regards to the earlier discussion about 18650 batteries, there are indeed good 18650 batteries on aliexpress. It's not any of the "9900 mah" batteries or anything with fire in the name, though.

If for some reason you must order batteries from aliexpress, you can check websites such as https://secondlifestorage.com or http://budgetlightforum.com and you can find links to sellers that sell legit Samsung/Panasonic/etc 18650 batteries.

Here's a post that links to some apparently legit sellers - http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1411477#comment-1411477

There's also batteries on aliexpress that are "fake" as in they claim they are Samsung or whatever, but they aren't. The thing about these ones are that they are often actually made by a quality manufacturer (http://www.bak-tech.com for example) who makes batteries for power banks and things, and the cells are fine for many uses and have legit mah ratings. The downside to these cells are that they are low current (like 1-2 amp total) because they are made for things like laptop batteries and power banks; you can't use them in vapes for instance.

Those forums have links to those batteries on aliexpress, too.

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

I've ordered several dozen things from Ali, and with the exception of one completely wrong T-shirt order, I've been generally happy.
(And often bemused by chintzy quality.)

But now, a moral dilemma.
I ordered a pin from a seller mid-September, and then they cancelled shipment a couple weeks later with no notification.
So, I inquired what's going on.
They replied, "The item is out of stock. Can you wait two weeks so we can make more?"
I agreed, and then they sent another message, "The item is out of stock, want to order something else?"
Me: "But your website has the item still listed. Why can't you send me that?"
Them: "The item is out of stock. Can you wait two weeks so we can make more?"
Me: "That's what I already agreed to. Yes, I will wait."
Them: "We sent you your pin. Here's the tracking information."

I got the pin about a week ago.
And then, several days ago, they sent me another one.
Then, they sent me a message, "We sent you your pin. Here's the tracking information."
Me: "I already got it, thanks. Actually, you sent two separately. I just wanted one."
Them: "Then, maybe you give me refund? You order another one, and we don't send, okay?"

I ignored that message, like, I should pay to fix their mistake?
But, I do feel bad about it, too. After all, the price is less than what I toss at really hosed-up panhandlers.
I'd be nonplussed either way.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

I ignored that message, like, I should pay to fix their mistake?
But, I do feel bad about it, too. After all, the price is less than what I toss at really hosed-up panhandlers.
I'd be nonplussed either way.

If you'd ordered again, you'd have gotten another pin.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
Maybe donate to charity and tell them that did it on their behalf?

Perhaps one supporting Hong Kong.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

Then, they sent me a message, "We sent you your pin. Here's the tracking information."
Me: "I already got it, thanks. Actually, you sent two separately. I just wanted one."
Them: "Then, maybe you give me refund? You order another one, and we don't send, okay?"

Not like it really matters with a foreign seller and an item at Ali Express price points, but you're under no obligation to ever pay anything in a situation like this. In legal terms it's called Unsolicited Merchandise/Services.

Like if Boeing accidentally sends you a $10 million jet turbine you never ordered you're under no obligation to pay for it or even return it.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Also speaking of pins; this fellow appeared in my post box today ; the tracking number doesn’t match up with anything I’m waiting on and the seller from the label doesn’t exist??

skrapp mettle
Mar 17, 2007
I ordered a bunch of goofball hats for a coworker and one of them is showing out for delivery in Michigan. I’m in Nevada. Opened up a dispute because I doubt I ever see that one. Hope whoever gets it likes weird brimless skull caps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I ordered a couple of bluetooth earbuds a while back and got them today. I'm used to getting minimal packaging and "quaint" instructions, but these took the cake. A clear plastic zip bag with no markings, no brand of any sort on the earbuds themselves, and not a speck of instructions.

Luckily they followed the standard "hold the power button down to sync" protocol, and once synced to my phone actually worked pretty well. Next and previous buttons work fine, they feel decent, and the sound is all right for the few bucks I parted with.