Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Drink?
This poll is closed.
Water 32 26.67%
Tea 21 17.50%
Soda 28 23.33%
Alcoholic 22 18.33%
I dunno 17 14.17%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

What about hangry?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

why

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:evilbuddy:

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Ranzear posted:

What about hangry?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

These all rule!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JglcDEWowk8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXJSSVM9h-w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6kNQEzQJpA

Heres new music from my spotify

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/KirbyCafeJP/status/1193000271212756992
also :same:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Your evil truly knows no bounds, Io. :ohdear:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

x

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

This ones really good

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bonus song for gorf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ov7Vgyd_zk

I've listened to all them witches for a while, theyre a kind of stoner rock/prog outfit, but this new song of theirs is a real trip, it has like 6 movements in a compact body

real excited for this album now

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Seeing Promare tomorrow

Hype

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Well?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Have you never watched Perfect Blue?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Julias posted:

Have you never watched Perfect Blue?

I have watched perfect blue

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sometimes I forget that, much like how the origins of Shin Megami Tensei can be traced back to Aya Nishitani's novels, same goes for Perfect Blue.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

This series has some of the most natural dialogue I've read. It's kinda impressive.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

I haven't been watching symphogear and I hope this is symphogear

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Decultchaaaaaaaaaa

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

I haven't been watching symphogear and I hope this is symphogear

It's Macross Delta.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

REVOLUTION X

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

you should be watching symphogear

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Macross Delta really is just a Symphogear season in disguise

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Shut up, Draiman. :colbert:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

x

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I like how there was a Senko-san cover page where they were cosplaying the pair from Leon the Professional and then the mangaka comes out with this one

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

This series has some of the most natural dialogue I've read. It's kinda impressive.

It's so good, I hope it keeps this pace.

Ooshima is good and it's always fun when they show up.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Aurora posted:

you should be watching symphogear
i promise i'll get past the first five episodes one day

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Expect My Mom posted:

i promise i'll get past the first five episodes one day

That day is today!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Wark Say posted:

Shut up, Draiman. :colbert:

afraid of trade secrets getting out?

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Just watched the first episode of Psycho Pass 3. I have to say it's a lot better than 2 and it benefits from a mostly new cast. It has cute boys too if you're into that sort of thing.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zetsubou-san posted:

afraid of trade secrets getting out?
  • Road Runner hard-shell guitar cases are probably the best choice if you want to both keep your instrument intact and bludgeon the poo poo out of whichever rear end in a top hat tries to yoink your band's gear. They're also like half the size of a gator and hurt just as much.
  • If you have a decent throwing hand, any oldie EHX pedal hurts like a motherfucker, too.
  • If you're wearing a guitar/bass when poo poo is going down, the sturdiest part of the guitar is almost unfailingly the bottom. use it as a one-person battering ram, especially on the face.
  • The Peavey 5150 head from the early-to-mid 90's can fall from a moving truck and still work fine (it's gonna most definitely need a change of tubes, but them's the breaks) because they're sturdy as heck. Funnily enough, despite all the dumb worship from metal musicians, the ones Fender has been building since about 2009 sound better for the most part, so if any YouTuber starts going on-and-on-and-on about "Block letter" Peavey Heads, feel free to ignore that person, for he (it's always dudes though; trust me) has his head up his rear end.
  • Gibson Les Pauls (both the Standard and the Custom) sure are cool-looking guitars, but pretty much any other company does the model better justice, from Hagström's Swedes/Super Swedes (which usually have a "thicker belly" and a Fender 25.5 inch scale, which is usually better for down-tuning the guitars) to ESP's Eclipses (slicker and with waaaaay better weight distribution, plus being overall lighter in weight). Due to Gibson being a lawsuit happy bunch of tossers, often companies have to give their models a difference so that they don't get sued... except in Japan, where ESP and Fernandes produce LP copies under several different brands (Edwards, Grassroots and Burny recently, Tokai and Matsumoku previously), which you'll often find get imported to find a loophole around Gibson's petty legal BS.
  • Guitars made in Korea are probably the best, most consistent "Deluxe under/around 1k" guitars you're going to get. Chinese guitars made by either SGR (Schecter's economy line) or Squier (Fender's) are pretty darn ace and for like 50 to 70 bucks more, you can get them a real nice setup/mods so that they sound real swell.
  • You can get like 50 or 60 washers for 30 cents and you can use 4 of those with a brand new strap and a star-shaped screwdriver to life-hack a way more reliable strap-lock than the overpriced bullshit DiMarzio, Planet Waves or whomever's been trying to hawk for like 3 decades.
  • If your guitar has a fixed bridge with enough space between the tune-o-matic and either the stopbar or the holes that make it string-through, you can probably stick a drumstick in it to make it sound like a weird, hosed-up chime with distortion, do some behind the bridge bending like Kim Thayil from Soundgarden or strike it like a mad lad, not unlike Stef Carpenter from the Deftones.
  • Unclench your loving jaw. You're messing up your teeth and several other things.
This has been Wark Say. Enjoy what's left of your weekend! :D

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

klapman posted:

at around 6 am I decided to kill some time before doing mturk by filling out an MAL, and now it's been three hours and I don't have any money but I do have a comprehensive list of almost every anime ive seen https://myanimelist.net/profile/klapman

How’s mturk going for you? I signed up a few months ago but I haven’t done any work yet. I’m hoping I could make enough money to work from home once I stop procrastinating.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Wark Say posted:

This has been Wark Say. Enjoy what's left of your weekend! :D

As someone with an Ultra-Swede and a Gravity 4X bass, I <3 this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Saw Promare. Sold out screening.

It's basically "They're good dogstropes, Brent" the movie. Doesn't do anything extraordinary, but the set pieces are really really good.
Simon and Viral are the better Bromance though.
Galos x Lio strikes me as more of a Bromance than whatever Romance I keep finding them shipped as. Def some queer implications thou, so I'd love to see what the Director has to say about it as some point
Also naming your literal pulled-out-of-your-rear end world saving deus ex machina robot, Deus Ex Machina :allears:

Soundtrack rules as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMNZJcDC6PU

Solid movie A++++ would have my burning soul ignited once again