Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

reminder: ol' musky's only formal training is an undergraduate degree in economics and his professional job experience prior to becoming a silicon valley investor type is in web dev.

you know, things symbolized by libraries, circuit boards and rockets

hey now he also spent 8 years getting a physics bachelors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

*a self driving uber turns up at my door* dead or alive you're coming with me

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lmao that roof is so fucky. and weird angled bits aside, are those all fabled solar panels shingles?? even on the places where they’re as inneficiently angled at the sun as possible??

mystes
May 31, 2006

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

one with an ambien habit
I'm surprised he hasn't ended up flying a plane in his sleep, then.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
the water knife was an extremely good book but it really took me out of the realm of plausibility with people driving new teslas in a decade+ from now

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
also the solar cell car roof doesn't make sense

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i like the worlds that paolo bacigalupi comes up with but they're always really bleak and none of the characters are really worth rooting for and in the end it all still goes to poo poo.

that works for some people but not for me.

i just want to read more about the cats that can adapt their color to their environment

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Potato Salad posted:

CombatTheory, how in the devil would failure of the control circuits for my secondary air injector rob me of power? My understanding was that, for relatively modern cars, secondary Injection is just there to help burn incomplete emission products while the catalytic converter is still cold

I can understand an emission system like EGR loving things up because it actually affects the composition of air in the cylinders, but shouldn't secondary Injection kinda...not affect anything upstream?

:tesla:

SAS allows for a rich mixture in the engine while reading stochiometric at the o2 sensor.

Missing SAS results in a rich exhaust at the o2 sensor. Correction to lambda = 1 will lean out engine mixture, resulting in low performance, hot exhaust gas temperature, possibly premature wear and engine damage.

E: beaten by CommieGIR

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

hey now he also spent 8 years getting a physics bachelors

He didn't though did he

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

i like the worlds that paolo bacigalupi comes up with but they're always really bleak and none of the characters are really worth rooting for and in the end it all still goes to poo poo.

i just want to read more about the cats that can adapt their color to their environment

get a black cat and a black rug and discover how much it sucks to spook the cat with your feet

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

lol @ this hosed up roofline jesus christ mcmansions are awful I cannot imagine how much that poo poo cost

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

lol @ this hosed up roofline jesus christ mcmansions are awful I cannot imagine how much that poo poo cost

the sims really hosed up an entire generation of home designers

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

where did he get the aerial photo? I hope it’s google maps which would probably mean it’s been stuck that way for months lol

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

One of my first jobs out of college was drafting for a residential designer, every house had a two story greatroom and 4 massive bedrooms, 3 car garage standard

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

if i ever buy a house i'd want it to be a little 2 bedroom place with a nice kitchen and a garden

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

McMansions are always sad too because there are like 5 rooms with like a couch or twin bed from 20 years ago and barren closets everywhere. or even worse rooms become hoarding area

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Vomik posted:

which would probably mean it’s been stuck that way for months lol

the tweet says they've been waiting for 2 months, so i'd say that's a safe bet

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Vomik posted:

where did he get the aerial photo? I hope it’s google maps which would probably mean it’s been stuck that way for months lol

A person who is so far into tech poo poo that they bought a tesla solar roof definitely took that with a drone.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Day Man posted:

A person who is so far into tech poo poo that they bought a tesla solar roof definitely took that with a drone.

poo poo theyve probably got a drone room under that festering pile of roof

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

ambient oatmeal posted:

One of my first jobs out of college was drafting for a residential designer, every house had a two story greatroom and 4 massive bedrooms, 3 car garage standard

yeah a friend and i rented one out in the suburbs a few years ago and lmao, four bedrooms (master bedroom way too big), two story living room atrium with a south facing wall that got hot as hell during the day and the a/c couldn't keep up, one car garage with no automatic opener so using it involved backtracking through the house to open and lock it

stupid fuckin' house, love my two bedroom apartment now

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Vomik posted:

the person with enough money and little common sense to 1) buy that house and 2) put elong's fire-shingles on it absolutely owns a drone

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Love the car/roof isn't getting Elon's attention anymore, now you must profess your love to Elon to get him to respond

https://twitter.com/b3nCSGO/status/1194254015334408195

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
via the grey thread

Intel&Sebastian posted:

TheFluff posted:

we knew a lot of this already but this is some heinous bullshit:

https://twitter.com/lorakolodny/status/1194257482303983621

quote:

A bathroom break can require a 20-minute round trip trek.

quote:

In 2018, someone called 911 from the Gigafactory more than once a day, on average, for things like fights, suicide attempts, DUIs, thefts and drug overdoses.

Emergency response to the factory is difficult because of its size and severe communication problems hamper getting critical information to dispatchers in a timely manner.

quote:

Although Tesla claimed to have a better injury rate than other factories, it declined to provide any data to support the claim.
lmfao

It's a miracle one of these places hasn't just collapsed in on itself and killed a thousand people.

some loving lord of the flies poo poo going down at gigafactory

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

MomJeans420 posted:

Love the car/roof isn't getting Elon's attention anymore, now you must profess your love to Elon to get him to respond

maybe you shouldnt have parked your car on fire then???????

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

infernal machines posted:

the tweet says they've been waiting for 2 months, so i'd say that's a safe bet

drat I’m dumb for that and not thinking of drones. but at least I’m not dumb enough to buy a solar city roof so I’ve got that going for me

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Combat Theory posted:

SAS allows for a rich mixture in the engine while reading stochiometric at the o2 sensor.

Missing SAS results in a rich exhaust at the o2 sensor. Correction to lambda = 1 will lean out engine mixture, resulting in low performance, hot exhaust gas temperature, possibly premature wear and engine damage.

E: beaten by CommieGIR

Yeah, but you went more in depth. Totally complemented.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

MomJeans420 posted:

It has become impossible to parody Musk fans

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Vomik posted:

drat I’m dumb for that and not thinking of drones. but at least I’m not dumb enough to buy a solar city roof so I’ve got that going for me

:hfive:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

infernal machines posted:

via the grey thread

lmfao

It's a miracle one of these places hasn't just collapsed in on itself and killed a thousand people.

some loving lord of the flies poo poo going down at gigafactory
[/quote]

@elonmusk love the job but i had to poo poo in a bush and i want to kill myself

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

https://youtu.be/g78hZIEqONM

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mr Scoop
Feb 13, 2006

Help! Someone! Cut my head off, it's trying to murder the rest of me!

Grimey Drawer

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.