Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Diego rules.
that is all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Decided to get caught up with the manga.

Jobin's still a poo poo and I really wanna see him get his comeuppance because god drat is he absolutely a basic bitch.

I'm not even sure what to do with Tooru because he is so damned suspicious with everything he does and says and how he acts.

Also hoping the stuff with Norisuke wasn't as bad as it looked (though it probably was :smith:)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If Steel Ball Run lacked an antagonistic foil for Johnny, it'd be sans Diego

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
one thing i found funny in SBR is how for the first like 25 chapters they almost never say "diego" without following it up with "aka Dio!"

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Doing a case presentation on adolescence and using Johnny as my example, in case you wanted to know how school was going for me. :v:

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Ok now Dio turned lice into dinosaurs and wants Manhattan, so he rules again. It's not like he wasn't great before, just compared to DIO he seemed to be even below some stand users in terms of his presence.
Also, does he just eat rocks? I'm pretty sure he swallowed some before being turned into a dinosaur, and he did use that for his advantage later, iirc.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Do you not eat rocks? They're very good for digestion, you know.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Vookatos posted:

Ok now Dio turned lice into dinosaurs and wants Manhattan, so he rules again. It's not like he wasn't great before, just compared to DIO he seemed to be even below some stand users in terms of his presence.
Also, does he just eat rocks? I'm pretty sure he swallowed some before being turned into a dinosaur, and he did use that for his advantage later, iirc.

e: I really like how he starts not being able to see things that arent moving and he just knocks over all the poo poo in the kitchen with Johnny being like ??? (spoilered because its funny)

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Got past Sugar Mountain, Tatoo You and finally Tubular Bells.
Holy gently caress. And here I was thinking Stone Ocean was peak weird poo poo.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/ExplainJojo/status/1195197658861723648

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

a legitimate treasure of this age

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Reminder that Araki drew Douglas MacArthur once.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Funky Valentine posted:

Reminder that Araki drew Douglas MacArthur once.

I've said this before but he really made him look like Hunter S. Thompson

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

overmind2000 posted:

I've said this before but he really made him look like Hunter S. Thompson

We had two B-17s, 75 amphibious landers, five platoons of marines, a carrier half-full of P-43s, a whole galaxy of jeeps, buggies, motorcycles, tankettes... Also, a quart of painkiller, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a set of atomic bombs, and two dozen Pima code talkers. Not that we needed all that for the campaign, but once you get locked into a serious war, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Who is that on the rightmost spike of the justice clock, right behind Tonio?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

Who is that on the rightmost spike of the justice clock, right behind Tonio?

I've looked this up before and couldn't figure it out. I decided it was Achtung Baby.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Looks like Heaven's Door to me.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Heaven's Door is directly above Tonio:

FirstAidKite's referring to this one:

Maybe it's Hermit Purple's body :tinfoil:

e: it also might be nothing, and that's just how the rest of the spikes look without something standing in front of it

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I think it's just Surface. Has the same colored aura too.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yeah it's surface

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What a weird thing to shove there

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the surface guy is in the pic too so i guess everyone else's stand is on the dial there somewhere

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Jesus, SBR sure does many things better than every previous part. From its antagonists' motives to tension and meaningful flashbacks.
God, the first chapter of Dirty Deeds was downright terrifying.

Lucy is a bit strange, though. People usually joke about animes having "1000 year old demons who look like 12 year old girls", yet Araki has the opposite issue. Lucy looks and acts like she's at least 20, so I don't really get why he made her 14 to begin with. I get that other parts had high schoolers because it's a shonen series, so we had characters like Jotaro and Giorno, whos age is just funny to think about, but that's not the reason here.
It's just all so loving weird, because it's not usual "anime creepy", but instead it's "creepy for the right reasons in context but maybe you could've made character older if she's half naked". I dunno if it's a big derail thing that happened in this thread a thousand times, so if it did, welp, sorry.

Love the transformation of Valentine into what he is now, though. No twists, just good old Josuke-style change of how he looks like.

God, how is there more than a third of this part left.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://hiwamatanoboru.com/2019/11/18/jojolion-92/

Megaton chapter

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Just started SBR and lmao

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Josuke's gonna walk around with a bunch of dookie on his eye and chest lol

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

CHAAAASE YOU

CHAAAASE YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Vookatos posted:

Jesus, SBR sure does many things better than every previous part. From its antagonists' motives to tension and meaningful flashbacks.
God, the first chapter of Dirty Deeds was downright terrifying.

Lucy is a bit strange, though. People usually joke about animes having "1000 year old demons who look like 12 year old girls", yet Araki has the opposite issue. Lucy looks and acts like she's at least 20, so I don't really get why he made her 14 to begin with. I get that other parts had high schoolers because it's a shonen series, so we had characters like Jotaro and Giorno, whos age is just funny to think about, but that's not the reason here.
It's just all so loving weird, because it's not usual "anime creepy", but instead it's "creepy for the right reasons in context but maybe you could've made character older if she's half naked". I dunno if it's a big derail thing that happened in this thread a thousand times, so if it did, welp, sorry.

Love the transformation of Valentine into what he is now, though. No twists, just good old Josuke-style change of how he looks like.

God, how is there more than a third of this part left.

I've posted before about this same thing but yeah, Araki for some reason draws and writes characters as adults but then arbitrarily says "they're actually teens", presumably because Shonen Manga.

Also I once counted up page numbers for reference, and from the start of Who shot Johnny Joestar until the end of part 7, which is roughly from where the endgame really truly starts, is the same length as loving battle tendency

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You Cannot Grasp The True Form Of This 89 Year-Old Man

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I think someone already posted it, but this would have definitely been a better stand for Diavolo instead of KC.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Electric Phantasm posted:

I think someone already posted it, but this would have definitely been a better stand for Diavolo instead of KC.

Aw crap, what if the 89 year old doctor is an alternate version of Diavolo and not an alternate Speedwagon?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
ohhhhhhhhhhhh poo poo!

Mountain FUCKIN Tim!

e: lol, I love how he's like "Yeah you could call it a curse, an ability, some kind of gravitation... I call it a Stand, personally. No reason, moving on"

perfect :discourse:

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 18, 2019

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
They're called stands because motherfucking Mountain Tim says so, god dammit.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

DemoneeHo posted:

Aw crap, what if the 89 year old doctor is an alternate version of Diavolo and not an alternate Speedwagon?

I'm just saying, all the Higashikata's stands have "King" in their name.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

if anyone is alt-Diavolo it's the dude made of two people whose power is to remove things. a sailor is like a mafia

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That was a most epic chapter of Jojolion.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh my God I just noticed Josuke's underwear

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Josuke really likes posing half-naked huh

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

posing half-naked is the jojo way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn

Funky Valentine posted:

You Cannot Grasp The True Form Of This 89 Year-Old Man

I still don’t totally understand what “things come crashing into you” is supposed to mean (maybe it’s just an iffy translation). Is it basically just extreme bad luck to the point that everything in the world is attacking you by accident?

Cool rear end chapter though.