Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

oliwan posted:

Are you quoting the wrong post op? :confused:

this isn't hard to get, don't play dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

this isn't hard to get, don't play dumb

Now, now, let's not get ableist here.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

oliwan posted:

Are you quoting the wrong post op? :confused:
honestly now, your post was a pure and simple insult with an attempt at a joke in there that falls completely flat because the person you insulted did absolutely nothing to you (or indeed anyone*) to deserve that treatment.

the civilized way of handling this is to admit that you misjudged and apologize.

given that you teach children that protocol ought to be familar to you.

* unless you can pull out believable Belege that on account of them playing Crusader Kings II they're a "white culture" chud (but even then your execution would've been very low quality)

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
wow, guess the joke's on my for posting a joke in the German thread of the something awful comedy forums

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Germans are really good at some things (building cars, bureaucracy, genocide) but humour reeeaaally isn't one of them

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Actually that's not true, GABA ghouls reply to my post was a funny counter joke at my expense that was actually funny (I lolled irl) and showed that he understood the underlying humour of my post, and the kind of reaction you would expect from normal people

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Wait was that more than a sex based nerd joke? Because I thought it was just that and while not the pinnacle of humor, it usually isn't that terrible or discussion worthy.

What I'm saying is, free oliwan.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

oliwan is cool

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

oliwan posted:

Germans are really good at some things (building cars, bureaucracy, genocide) but humour reeeaaally isn't one of them

Wow Oliwan, I didn't know you were German

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Mit jedem Post wird Oliwan pingeliger, humorloser und streitsüchtiger. Wenn das mal kein Paradebeispiel für Integration ist!

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
These last couple of post have shown me wrong, sorry, I stand corrected :)

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

oliwan posted:

These last couple of post have shown me wrong, sorry, I stand corrected :)

You're good, op! :glomp:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just found out the brand of our German made hot water bottle

oliwan fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 17, 2019

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
thanks for proving you're just poo poo, oliwan

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
fashy apologist spotted

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
least funny poster in the german thread and not even german. what an achievement to take home to your neighbours

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Speaking of uncomfortable brand names, Hitschler always made me chuckle (as if it is an obfuscation like saying "gosh" in stead of "god"). Same applies to Nogger.
It probably does not register with native speakers though.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sulla Faex posted:

least funny poster in the german thread and not even german. what an achievement to take home to your neighbours

To the Schiedsgericht.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
man Nogger made me think of an Eis I loved as a kid, basically a thin chocolate ice am Stiel but covered with a coat tiny sugar perls

and I can't find it

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Speaking of uncomfortable brand names, Hitschler always made me chuckle (as if it is an obfuscation like saying "gosh" in stead of "god"). Same applies to Nogger.

Our local Obi-knock off "Himmler" probably should, though. I'm imagining most Hanoverans try very hard to not think about the name when shopping for some tools. :v:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

man Nogger made me think of an Eis I loved as a kid, basically a thin chocolate ice am Stiel but covered with a coat tiny sugar perls

and I can't find it

Nogger dir einen.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Nogger ist Swedish though, and at some point *did* cause a controversy

Seagull Fiasco
Jul 25, 2011

Lord Stimperor posted:

Nogger ist Swedish though, and at some point *did* cause a controversy

Because they decided to launch a liquorice flavour and name it "Nogger black" and an anti-racism organisation took offense. Around the same time, another Swedish ice cream was criticised for being too nazi, namely the 88.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Seagull Fiasco posted:

Because they decided to launch a liquorice flavour and name it "Nogger black" and an anti-racism organisation took offense. Around the same time, another Swedish ice cream was criticised for being too nazi, namely the 88.

Trollhatte indeed :v:

e: Happy Birthday Franz Sigel, Badener und Kämpfer für die Freiheit auf zwei Kontinenten.

https://twitter.com/pptsapper/status/1196409184981602310

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 18, 2019

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Goa Tse-tung posted:

and I can't find it

Disco-Pop an Fliesentisch, 1980 (koloriert)

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Romatomaten are slightly problematic

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Randler posted:

Disco-Pop an Fliesentisch, 1980 (koloriert)

jaaaa danke

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

still baffled by this. and blackface/african puppet caricatures. you know, for kids!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Greatest Living Man posted:

still baffled by this. and blackface/african puppet caricatures. you know, for kids!

I'm more creeped out by the fact that this makes it look like you're eating human heads

You know, were Schaumküsse a Belgian invention? Because this kind of crap makes me flash back to the Belgian adventures in the Kongo

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Libluini posted:

You know, were Schaumküsse a Belgian invention? Because this kind of crap makes me flash back to the Belgian adventures in the Kongo
Which puts "eating human heads" firmly into the realm of possibility

but also:

quote:

In Flanders, the confection is known as negerinnentetten

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

What the gently caress, Ned

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Libluini posted:

I'm more creeped out by the fact that this makes it look like you're eating human heads

People knew less about prions back then.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Greatest Living Man posted:

Wait, is this filled with solid Negronis? Is this for racist alcoholics?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
3 things:

1) I should stop drunk posting, but I probably won't.
2) Maybe I should start reading some German news sites again because I realized I stopped that 5-6 years ago, except for bildblog, but I guess that isn't enough :/
3) Sorry for posting this dumb stuff, I am not that terrible a person as my posting may suggest.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

RabbitWizard posted:

3 things:

2) Maybe I should start reading some German news sites again because I realized I stopped that 5-6 years ago, except for bildblog, but I guess that isn't enough :/
3) Sorry for posting this dumb stuff, I am not that terrible a person as my posting may suggest.

It’s okay friend, we all post dumb poo poo sometimes :roboluv:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

The trick to drunk posting is, always be drunk posting

edited to clarify: like, don't get drunk in order to post, that's unhealthy behavior. just always be drunk

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

edited to clarify: like, don't get drunk in order to post, that's unhealthy behavior. just always be drunk

Eine zutiefst Kölsche und karnevalistische Grundhaltung.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Randler posted:

Eine zutiefst Kölsche und karnevalistische Grundhaltung.

lol, right. On the morning of 11.11. (i.e. last Monday) I overheard a student-looking guy say that he went out drinking on Saturday, and another student-looking guy was completely incredulous that someone would go drinking two days before 11.11. As in, "how is that even physically possible". I almost yelled "sehr vorsichtig!!!" at him, but the second trick to drunk posting is to never drunk post irl

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

RabbitWizard posted:

3 things:

I forgive you, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Smirr posted:

or just never post