Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I have a feeling the NC sets did not sell well. Which would mean there won't be another. If they did sell well, we wouldn't be constantly seeing them heavily discounted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They are just getting discounted like nearly every Lego set ever that is about to go out of production.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I actually like there's only the two of them, City and Docks- it makes it cheaper to make it a "complete" series. The modulars I feel are kind of overkill for the number you need. The fact that I missed the boat on the early ones has something to do with that as well- but I'm not consistently blown away by them either. If I could only get one, I dunno which it would be because none jumps out at me more than the rest. With NC there's so much going on- each room of each level is different and detailed, like a micro-compressed version of modular sets coming together.

I really like the pink Cadillac that comes with the Diner- they should do more classic type cars like that.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Chronojam posted:

Amazon has the Ninjago docks for fifty bucks off right now

Unf

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol I'm refinancing and was hoping to close on that soon enough to pull out a bit to invest in a bunch of cheap legos and stuff over black friday, then the refinanciers delayed the closing until the middle of december so I'm going to completely miss out on all the glorious sales :negative:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sell your house. Buy all the Legos. Build a better Lego house. Live in the Lego house. Admit that you are James May.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Live by the credit card, die by the credit card

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I drained my discretionary savings from the summer, and picked up Ninjago City and Docks for my birthday. :hellyeah:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
:hfive:

Feels good, man!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The-weekend-after-Black-Friday gift with $200 purchase.
Guess I'm making two big purchases, '89 Batmobile on Friday and enough of the retiring sets to hit $200 on Saturday.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1196487939133296640

I still have this sitting un-built in my Lego room, but I swear I'm gonna start it this year. If I can find a good case for it in the meantime

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Maybe next year they'll have the newer ISD for that. At the price it *should've* launched at. :argh:

No one's who's going to want to actually build it will get it at that price. The mass resellers will snatch them up, wait for the price to go back up, and sell it for $50-150 under MSRP on eBay.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah that's the price that would get me to bite on the Star Destroyer. That's such a crazy deal for the falcon it's a little hard to believe

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yeah I feel the same about the Star Destroyer. Maybe next year :unsmith:

I saw this case design for the Saturn V though and I'm seriously considering it,

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Handsome Ralph posted:

I still have this sitting un-built in my Lego room, but I swear I'm gonna start it this year. If I can find a good case for it in the meantime

Thank god I just spent all my money in a motorcycle and won't be tempted

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah I feel the same about the Star Destroyer. Maybe next year :unsmith:

I saw this case design for the Saturn V though and I'm seriously considering it,

Step 1: Buy a Detolf.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Step 1: Buy a Detolf.

Gateway drug.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Step 2: Cut a hole in the detolf.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Step 3: Put your Lego in that Detolf

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Step 4: buy a mansion so you have room to display your giant rocket diorama

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Handsome Ralph posted:

Oh god gently caress, if I can get this I'm looking to spend a poo poo ton on LEGO with the Batmobile coming out.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

This is going on sale some random time between this Friday and Black Friday, so I hope you have a good bot or have no need for sleep, because the 20 sets they sell at this price will be gone in minutes. I would still buy one if I could

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Wax Dynasty posted:

This is going on sale some random time between this Friday and Black Friday, so I hope you have a good bot or have no need for sleep, because the 20 sets they sell at this price will be gone in minutes. I would still buy one if I could

Yep, this will be gone immediately. Mainly to resellers.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I am so broke right now but I want this so loving bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hoav7hHUYFc

Just look at this thing!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
It's release season for 2020 set images. Not everything has been shown, and a lot of what has been shown, in my opinion, sucks. So...

https://www.promobricks.de/ has all the images.

I think the speed champions look great in 8 wide

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-speed-champions-2020-setbilder/88580

I know my friend is going to be sad that the quattro isn't mars red.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

The monster burger truck is pretty great.

Also

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
Friends and Creator sets looking awesome! I dig the little safari truck too.

It’s interesting that Lego is borrowing from Polly Pocket and zip-pull helicopter toys. Trying to expand that market share with new gimmicks?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Extremely excited for those speed champions sets. Nice that they don't look too bloated with extraneous track bits, but one of those 2 car sets is 40 EUR and the other is 60, with a 100 piece difference?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Extremely excited for those speed champions sets. Nice that they don't look too bloated with extraneous track bits, but one of those 2 car sets is 40 EUR and the other is 60, with a 100 piece difference?

I think that's entirely down to the license fee of lambo.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also interesting the modern version of the classic space helmet shows up in a Ninjago set. Glad that mold is still being used.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Just noticed the city safari set. That's my jam.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Those Star Wars sets are ugly as hell.

Also, any sign of a modular leak yet?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Duckula posted:

Also, any sign of a modular leak yet?

Nothing of note. Should know for sure no later than 2 weeks, that's usually when it is announced nowadays.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

TheMadMilkman posted:

The monster burger truck is pretty great.

Also

That's cute. Like the Dewback was as well.

Looks like I just want the Kylo Ren shuttle and then I'm done.

Also lol at another Luke land speeder.
It all looks very underwhelming.

Meanwhile:
New Ninjago is going all in on the Trans colored pieces, which is neat. But all builds look quite a bit messier than the usual sets.
Cool to see Lego doing a transforming jet/robot build.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Duckula posted:

The Tie Dagger/Sith Tie Fighter is goofy as hell. I almost like it. Another resistance X-Wing is meh, but I guess it's a movie tie-in.

Make another Tie Defender, cowards.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Ninjago arcade cabinets are neat too, could be fun for a city arcade modular type thing.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Scipiotik posted:

It's release season for 2020 set images. Not everything has been shown, and a lot of what has been shown, in my opinion, sucks. So...
drat, you weren't kidding. I think the Technic sets look alright, but otherwise the Creator/Ninjago/Marvel lines all strike me as extremely derivative. They're really going all in on trans parts for this next Ninjago iteration, it seems.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Looks like they scrapped nexo knights so it won't rival ninjago. The new sets look like Nexojagospace. Not in a good way, city and docks were a whole different direction and extremely good design wise, these new mechs are just meh.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

What would be the best option for a notification on the UCS falcon deal? At $480 I would definitely buy it to build it. (Just have to find a place to actually display it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Those Disney Princess foldable books looks great, gonna get those for my daughter.

Also whats with yet another Luke's landspeeder? Is this the 4th one? They all look the same.