Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

sassassin posted:

Goku isn't Japanese.

True.

If anything he'd be Chinese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Does Goku have a passport?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
He has a driver's license, so I imagine Chichi made sure he got that too.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Earth in Dragon Ball has a one world government, there would be no need for passports.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Gripweed posted:

The Earth in Dragon Ball has a one world government, there would be no need for passports.

I seem to remember an episode with Bulma mentioning Vegeta getting one? Tho I may have been dreaming there...

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Holy moly this is a bad ranking of the movies (IMHO), I couldn't help but share https://www.cbr.com/non-canon-dragon-ball-z-movies-ranked/

I'm some may disagree but The World's Strongest owns, I love those fights

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Good soup! posted:

Holy moly this is a bad ranking of the movies (IMHO), I couldn't help but share https://www.cbr.com/non-canon-dragon-ball-z-movies-ranked/

Dude has zero loving taste. Yes Fusion Reborn is the best of the Z films but he has Bojack 2nd and Second Coming fourth.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Broly movies at the top and World's Strongest at the bottom, pretty wack list.

World's Strongest will always be my favourite since it has a smattering of cool backflips, Goku vs Piccolo punch mans, Krillin being a goof, Goku saving his kid multiple times, a rad as hell kaioken kamehameha and Scott McNeil being extra as Piccolo.

It's just so much drat undiluted Dragon Ball fun without any hint of Saiyan story line, just cool kung fu fight'n.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
3 out of the top 5 are Bojack and Broly films... :tizzy:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Do you think Kid Goku would eat dirt if you told him it tasted it like chocolate?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Good soup! posted:

I refuse to accept the only fight with a nut destruction punch at #12.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I've never seen the Hirudegarn movie, is it cool

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

It has a lot of cool ideas and tries to do something neat but the ending is so insanely flaccid and weak it kills the entire movie dead.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I've never seen the Hirudegarn movie, is it cool

It's the best animated one before the Broly movie at least.

Movie 9 gets credit for half of it being a tournament and it being Satan heavy. Nobody cares about Bojack though.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

RevolverDivider posted:

It has a lot of cool ideas and tries to do something neat but the ending is so insanely flaccid and weak it kills the entire movie dead.

I give it credit for summing up the Toei movies completely. Goku kills the dude for no reason, ignoring it defeats the point of the plot and established power rankings at that point and it ends with the song "if Goku doesnt do it, who can?"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Good soup! posted:

Who is this guy, and why should we care about his list?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

Do you think Kid Goku would eat dirt if you told him it tasted it like chocolate?

No

because he already tried it and would know you're lying

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Goku grew up in the sticks and basically successfully lived as a hunter-gatherer for much of his adolescence. And also adulthood when given an excuse.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Darko posted:

I give it credit for summing up the Toei movies completely. Goku kills the dude for no reason, ignoring it defeats the point of the plot and established power rankings at that point and it ends with the song "if Goku doesnt do it, who can?"

That's actually a pretty good point. It is the perfect ending point to the non-canon movies, a perfect synthesis of all they did wrong.

But you know, Fusion Reborn was really neat anyways. At least there it was Goku and Vegeta doing it. It feels a bit pointless with Broly now doing the same but flashier, but, I still like it a lot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like in tree of might when they set up all of turles's goons against yamcha, krillin, chiaotzu, and tien

and literally all of the earthlings lose and goku just soloes those guys in two minutes

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Endorph posted:

i like in tree of might when they set up all of turles's goons against yamcha, krillin, chiaotzu, and tien

and literally all of the earthlings lose and goku just soloes those guys in two minutes

It sucks, I agree

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I do watch Christmas Tree of Might every year though.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Endorph posted:

Nah, they totally softened those guys up for him. They had like, maybe 1-3 HP each by the time Goku got to them.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I'm actually kinda surprised there haven't been any manga leaks yet for this next issue.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

It's pretty good representation of the Saiyan Saga.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

In that case, Goku would have passed out fighting Turles and Yaijorobe, Krillen and Gohan would have beaten him instead.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

Who is this guy, and why should we care about his list?

uh, a nobody, and I personally hadn't seen a list that bad in a while

my bad for not posting something of great significance I guess :shrug:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So looks like that galactic patrol dude is an angel.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I thought the list was a fun bad take.

World's Strongest is definitely not the best movie, but it's far from the worst DBZ movie. Sure, the plot is dumb, but the plot is dumb in every DBZ movie. And it's not even that dumb. It's cliche as hell, but it makes sense. World's Strongest had some cool lookin' villains with some interesting gimmicks and some fun fights. I also have a soft spot for the brief era of DBZ before the main characters were able to bench press planets. I'd probably put it at least in the top 5

Edit:
Oh,

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1005821

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

of all the criticism of the saiyan saga you can make 'the earthlings dont do anything' isnt one of them considering freaking yajirobe manages to save the day

also world's strongest is cool just because roshi gets to throw a punch

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I really like Moro being pragmatic enough to just let 7-3 copy his powerset on the off-chance he might need it. If not for random Cranberry killing he'd barely be ticking an of the points on the Evil Overlord list

... Well, 'We'll leave you alive because you're a bunch of weaklings and finish the job later' is a major one.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Watch Moro have set up a wish or some loophole that revives Cranberry well past the point of any fail state fallout, with the instructions to revive him or unleash [Greater Power Level Evil] on the universe left behind.

Cranberry’s Third Life - Or, How I Got Picked Back Up By Freeza-sama AGAIN

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Good soup! posted:

uh, a nobody, and I personally hadn't seen a list that bad in a while

my bad for not posting something of great significance I guess :shrug:

No, look, you can only cite authors with at LEAST three scientific journal publications in the last two years here, in the Dragon Ball Superthread.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
That was a pretty entertaining chapter.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was a pretty good chapter. I was like.. ah duh of course Gohan was able to wreck this dude cuz well gettting beaten up by your own dad/mentor all your life pays off. :v: Can't wait to see those lackeys eat poo poo after taking cheapshots.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Slightly Absurd posted:

I thought the list was a fun bad take.

World's Strongest is definitely not the best movie, but it's far from the worst DBZ movie. Sure, the plot is dumb, but the plot is dumb in every DBZ movie. And it's not even that dumb. It's cliche as hell, but it makes sense. World's Strongest had some cool lookin' villains with some interesting gimmicks and some fun fights. I also have a soft spot for the brief era of DBZ before the main characters were able to bench press planets. I'd probably put it at least in the top 5

Edit:
Oh,

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1005821

Welcome back, Clothes Beam

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hell yeah an arbitrary time limit for the bad guys showing up on earth NOW it's a dragonball arc

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Darko posted:

Movie 9 gets credit for half of it being a tournament and it being Satan heavy. Nobody cares about Bojack though.

it rules just for the Tenshinhan and future Trunks fight

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Piccolo thinks Gohan is cool and in the end isn't that all that matters?