Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Hypocrisy posted:

Props to Violence Devil for leaving Kobeni for dead.

Her hip gave out, it was the right call to make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
the humour in this manga is so on point, even when it is dark as hell.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hamelekim posted:

the humour in this manga is so on point, even when it is dark as hell.

Even?

Especially.

I read an interview with Fujimoto where he talked about how he was balancing the tone, and one thing he brought up was Denji's optimism. Because he can go through all kinds of poo poo and bounce back, it's easier to laugh through horrifying situations than it would be with a protagonist like Aki, who actually has normal people emotional responses.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I really want Kobeni to say she's quitting tomorrow everytime she appears, even/especially if she continues to be in the manga for an extended time. Hell, I don't want her to die exclusively because I find it to be a great reoccurring joke.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I really want Kobeni to say she's quitting tomorrow everytime she appears, even/especially if she continues to be in the manga for an extended time. Hell, I don't want her to die exclusively because I find it to be a great reoccurring joke.

They must pay really well for her to stick around. Or she has massive debt.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

New to the series, but I have a more general question: Occasionally, someone posts a link to the new chapter, but the website linked only shows one page at a time. It's terrible flow to read the top half of the page, then scroll down, read the second half, then load the next page - is there any way to get it to display more than one page at a time?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1005910

Is the best place to read it. Legally and free. Only has the first few and last few chapters though. So once you've gotten caught up. This is the best place to read.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Hmm, alright, so if I'm all caught up I can read it as it comes out. Neato, thanks for the info.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Violence Devil making all the right moves

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hiro Protagonist posted:

She's an interesting one because she's cowardly (in perspective of the others) but is clearly strong like when she kinda sonned the snake lady

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I'm the Initiative Devil. All powerful as long as people live in fear me, but completely powerless once you finally get up the energy to challenge me.

Also Bomb Devil is wonderful and I'm going to miss her when she gets chainsawed.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I'm the Initiative Devil. All powerful as long as people live in fear me, but completely powerless once you finally get up the energy to challenge me.

Also Bomb Devil is wonderful and I'm going to miss her when she gets chainsawed.

All the good characters are going to die, but for a couple....

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

All you need is some blood and a tug on her cord and she'll be fine even if she was bisected.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't think Denji is definitively defeating Bomb her by any stretch. She's not like Sword her power is much more established and practiced. Sword was as new to things as Denji

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
New update

:stare:

Are..are you okay Denji?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Denji has thought about how to use his powers as much as Captain Murphy thought about having his brain in a robot's body. Not a ton of details hashed out, but CHAINSAW HANDS, BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

It's fun that this chapter will probably be the first step in him getting even more bonkers in combat.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Denji has thought about how to use his powers as much as Captain Murphy thought about having his brain in a robot's body. Not a ton of details hashed out, but CHAINSAW HANDS, BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

It's fun that this chapter will probably be the first step in him getting even more bonkers in combat.

Denji's "training" so far consisted of being murdered repeatedly until he figured out how to be murdered somewhat less.

Reze is actually the first person he's met in a position to actually help him learn from experience. And... she's doing that by murdering him.

Being Denji is a rough deal.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The art in this loving owns. Stuff just feels so impactful in its simplicity.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Spiderdrake posted:

The art in this loving owns. Stuff just feels so impactful in its simplicity.

it helps its really loving violent for a shonen jump series

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

The way they show off Reze using multiple explosions in a row is so badass.
BOOM BOOM BOOM indeed. I really hope this gets a quality anime some day.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mulderman posted:

The way they show off Reze using multiple explosions in a row is so badass.
BOOM BOOM BOOM indeed. I really hope this gets a quality anime some day.

It's a successful Shonen Jump manga. It's very likely to get an anime. Probably one announced in less than a year, going by the normal order of operations for these things.

Quality, of course, is a more open question.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
As with most things, I知 sure it値l be good until it catches up to the manga and then the filler begins.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Not really the case so much these days. Even big titles get My Hero is getting seasons instead of a continuous anime.
Chainsaw Man I feel would work really well as a series of 12/13 episode seasons.

I do think we're still a good number of chapters away from getting an anime though.

Mulderman fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 22, 2019

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Real Cool Catfish posted:

As with most things, I知 sure it値l be good until it catches up to the manga and then the filler begins.

Let's be real here, some filler of a day in the normal life of Denji couldn't possibly be that bad.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Chainsaw man would be awesome animated as a 90s ova.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it's hard to blame denji too much here, there are a limited number of immediately obvious things one can do with a chainsaw

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

How soon we forget the Chainsaw leg.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Hmm, other things a chainsaw could do... Maybe he could snap the chain and have it launch at an opponent,

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Elfface posted:

Hmm, other things a chainsaw could do... Maybe he could snap the chain and have it launch at an opponent,

Maybe cut off a fingertip and throw it like a chainsaw throwing dagger.

I'm also reminded of, I think it was Bayonetta, where you could use chainsaws on your feet to ride around.

If he gets Reze into bed, maybe he can turn his dick into a chainsaw?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
If only someone would give Denji a copy of Chimamire Sukeban Chainsaw he'd be invincible.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 22, 2019

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Real Cool Catfish posted:

they don't really do the unending anime seasons for anything other than one piece anymore. as long as a decent studio helms the adaption, it should be fine

look at mha or kimetsu no yaiba

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
look at karakuri circus and blade of the immortal remake though.

i dont see how aki can do anything to bomb. if she had fuses he could use FUTURE IS BEST to cut them ala wrath with dynamite in full metal alchemist buttt

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It is implied regeneration has a blood limit, so Aki might have been using foresight to know when she's vulnerable enough to attack.

She was fighting to cripple not kill and is clearly hinting she has a limit for the last couple chapters. Intentionally trying to avoid fighting if possible.

I think she's compassionate toward Denji but not that compassionate. It makes sense a bomb wouldn't be an endurance fighter. Or Aki is about to die, I guess, but this doesn't seem like the time.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I think the only limit on regeneration is being intact enough to pull your cord when you get wrecked. Like when Denji fought the Eternity Devil for...X days constantly getting ripped apart but regenerating through it.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
That was explicitly because he was also drinking it's blood the whole time. He ain't drinking blood, so yeah, Denji isn't his best self.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hiro Protagonist posted:

That was explicitly because he was also drinking it's blood the whole time. He ain't drinking blood, so yeah, Denji isn't his best self.

He was a perpetual motion machine!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hiro Protagonist posted:

He also didn't have enough blood to start out with this time. He's basically fighting half dead at the start, and it's not getting any better as he flails around like an idiot.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How is Reze suppose to get blood if she blows up everyone?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Ranged explosion, catch splatter in mouth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

RatHat posted:

He was a perpetual motion machine!

Where痴 his loving Nobel prize!