Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

TheLoneStar posted:

Didn't Valentine's change occur when an alternate him came into the primary timeline, or am I just remembering wrong?

I just read it looking for it and it was kind of gradual, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

Darko posted:

I just read it looking for it and it was kind of gradual, actually.

Around the time of Tubular Bells he starts to get really chiseled, but he still has a double chin

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
He was just working out in between appearances

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Tubular Bells is a stand I really like that I keep forgetting exists

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Valentine legit changes from chubster to insanely jacked guy over one scene as he's menacing Lucy in his mansion. There's no alternate reality shenanigans, it's just Araki playing the Tamani stature thing for drama, you can go look it up.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

multijoe posted:

Valentine legit changes from chubster to insanely jacked guy over one scene as he's menacing Lucy in his mansion. There's no alternate reality shenanigans, it's just Araki playing the Tamani stature thing for drama, you can go look it up.

See also: Pesci, Damo

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

multijoe posted:

I thought he changed after he went through a chair after being stabbed.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
nah he just figured out the one weird trick

that's D4C's true stand ability

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

nah he just figured out the one weird trick

that's D4C's true stand ability

Buff Valentine might be the roidiest character in JoJo since Part 3 outside of that one time Doppio hulked out. Unless the villain of Part 8 ends up being a Pillarman it'll almost certainly be the last time we see anyone that roidy. Maybe Josuke will get bulked up even further but we're already pretty close to the end of JoJolion.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
A thing I forgot to mention about Part 7, but I think one of my favorite gags is Magenta giving Steel the ruler to hold so he could shoot him right.
You see that Magenta shot through the ruler in a later scene, which means Steel actually loving held it up while being shot

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

god i hope he becomes an extremely ripped 89-year old man

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ll only believe he’s 89 if he’s extremely ripped

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

I thought he changed after he went through a chair after being stabbed.

Nah he's already in super buff mode when he gets stabbed, It Just Happens

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Patware posted:

god i hope he becomes an extremely ripped 89-year old man

Did you say 89 years old??

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

do you guys think the head doctor is gonna straight up be a pillar man? that'd whip

it's been talked about before but after Araki brought out Diego with The World at the end of SBR, I expect some kind of throwback with Josuke having King Crimson or something like a more direct pillar man <-> rock human. Josuke is a guy that's two dudes in one, after all

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I can't stop giggling at these two especially

DISC

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

grieving for Gandalf posted:

do you guys think the head doctor is gonna straight up be a pillar man? that'd whip

it's been talked about before but after Araki brought out Diego with The World at the end of SBR, I expect some kind of throwback with Josuke having King Crimson or something like a more direct pillar man <-> rock human. Josuke is a guy that's two dudes in one, after all

I hope Josuke kicks his 89 year old rear end!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
An 89 year-old rear end?

That's bullshit. The head doctor has an 89 year-old rear end??

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

FirstAidKite posted:

An 89 year-old rear end?

That's bullshit. The head doctor has an 89 year-old rear end??

You cannot comprehend the true form of the head doctor's rear end.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

who will win when four balls meet eighty-nine asses

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
LMAOOOO hes 89 xD beetle tendency for the epic win

Jojolion is bad and the monthly format is even worse.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The beetle fight owned

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Wasn't part 7 monthly?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Part 7 switched to monthly a little bit after Oyecomova, I think? During the Pork Pie Hat Kid fight.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

hatty posted:

The beetle fight owned

I think my favourite fights were Blue Hawaii and Vitamin C, possibly because of the body horror aspect.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Part 7 switched to monthly a little bit after Oyecomova, I think? During the Pork Pie Hat Kid fight.

I thought so! I like the monthly format so far but i haven't read any of part 8 yet (gonna wait till it's done).

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

stop having fun saying 89, guys, we've been schooled by a pro

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
sunlight yellow overdrive wryyyy xd
awaken my masters your next line is xd
yard yare ora ora za warudo xd
what did you say about my hair xd
this taste is the taste of a liar xd
where the gently caress is mickey xd
dirty deeds done dirt cheap xd

Ok now that we're done with that, I still really liked Damo's pulp fictionesque I guess, torture scenes? not into that sort of thing but it was cool as hell how he'd just chop Norisuke with a 10000 yen bill. cool stuff.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Joshu ending up in a sink and his complete utter confusion was another highlight of the Vitamin C fight

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

And Hato nailing him with Walking Heart through the window then through the roof loving ruled.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
I liked Vitamin C a lot too but there's been maybe 3 good scenes in this series and it's been going on for 8 years

Patware posted:

stop having fun saying 89, guys, we've been schooled by a pro

when that's literally the only memorable thing from the past 4 months of chapters then maybe it's not very good

oh sorry i mean pickle riiiiick

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ryaomon posted:

I liked Vitamin C a lot too but there's been maybe 3 good scenes in this series and it's been going on for 8 years

when that's literally the only memorable thing from the past 4 months of chapters then maybe it's not very good

oh sorry i mean pickle riiiiick

You suck and your only posts in this thread have been just the most banal youtube comment tier crying posts.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

LMAOOOO hes 89 xD beetle tendency for the epic win

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'd eat these pancakes but I don't believe in god.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
didnt know hot topic had part 4 merchandise and now im buying the last one just to piss off jojo fans

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yeah gently caress them

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm gonna buy all the mlp hot topic merch because gently caress bronies

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh wow that first shirt is an actual shirt, like someone actually designed that.

https://www.hottopic.com/product/jojos-bizarre-adventure-the-animation-broken-watch-t-shirt/12638957.html

lol what a terrible shirt design
no dignity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the really funny thing about determinedly posting that jojolion is bad is that nobody is really here saying that jojolion is extremely good

we're all here like 'yeah it's serviceable with some hilarious wild poo poo' and this guy's like "NO GODS NO KINGS"