Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
I've heard rumours the next one will be a bookshop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I built the last Jedi falcon today and it’s a big improvement over the past several (I previously built the last OT one and the force awakens one). I particularly like the new engine but the real star is far fewer panels to lift to get to the interior and a more seamless appearance. Also the proportions are close to correct on the cockpit and mandibles for the first time ever. The laser turret is mostly better although I question using a ball joint instead of a hinge piece.

The new computer swivel chair is awesome. I don’t like the corner sofa piece being on a turntable for some stupid reason (it’s disappointing that this solution is in the same set as the new roof panels).

Can’t wait to build my UCS Batmobile...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Look at the size of this absolute monster.

Sorry Ninjago City, you are going in the closet for now.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Amazon has Cloud City for under $200 for Cyber Monday, I might take the plunge. It'll probably be the lowest it ever goes.

edit: Bought it.

sigher fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Dec 2, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Did you mean under $300 or did the price go up? I'm seeing 278 for the sale price. Thank god I'd have been horribly tempted at 200.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

It was online for something like 190$. Seems he bought the last one for that price.

e: still had the tab open

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I guess I did:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/BrothersBrick/status/1201448809340928002

I have zero interest in that batch.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I agree, looks very underwhelming.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I have all the other CMF, though I am planning on selling some off. And this is an easy pass for me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

But it's got Thor!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

First appearance Batman, Bat-Mite, and Jay Garrick Flash are the only ones I care about and I’ll probably just Ebay or bricklink those instead of gambling on the bags. Shame too, there’s so many good characters they could do instead of the billionth Superman, Joker, or Wonder Woman. At least the Batman is somewhat different and comes with a new cowl.

That article doesn’t confirm it, but several of the lego leakers I follow say this series will have a price hike of $5/bag.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Some German Lego retailer seems to have temporarily had the next modular up as a bookstore before taking it down. No photos though.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Big Mean Jerk posted:

First appearance Batman, Bat-Mite, and Jay Garrick Flash are the only ones I care about

Agreed. Got to get that flash hat.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Waltzing Along posted:

It will. And that reminds me.

Treehouse mini-review:

Really boring build. It looks nice but isn't fun to build. I kept thinking "I can't wait for the next modular to come out."

While I’d agree that I most enjoy building the modulars, I really enjoyed the treehouse for its level of detail and organic shapes. The only major disappointment I had was that swapping the foliage colors is a PITA, so I haven’t attempted it.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

They could put Metamorpho and Bat-Mite in there, but not Plastic Man? Boooo!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Voltron sold out. :(

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Blue Moonlight posted:

While I’d agree that I most enjoy building the modulars, I really enjoyed the treehouse for its level of detail and organic shapes. The only major disappointment I had was that swapping the foliage colors is a PITA, so I haven’t attempted it.

It looks hard. Thinking of getting some light and dark pink cherry blossom leaves for it too once I get it.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Synthbuttrange posted:

But it's got Thor!

Fat Thor or gtfo.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So Fox is going to do a prime time competitive Lego building show during the winter hiatus.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Think that they will be doing a Marvel series? I’d be down for that

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

DrChud posted:

Think that they will be doing a Marvel series? I’d be down for that

No, legal reasons exist that prevent them from doing it that do not appear to be going away any time soon.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Voltron sold out. :(

Some Costcos still have them for $115.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does anyone have experience selling Lego on Ebay? I'm selling some sets, and I always keep the boxes, but I'm not sure if it's better to list them with or without them. On one hand, I figure the box will make it more desirable to bid on/possibly fetch a few more dollars. On the other other hand the amount of headache it'll be to find a bigger box to put them in as well as the added shipping cost might it not worth it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Habibi posted:

Some Costcos still have them for $115.

I’ll have a look when I get back stateside.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

veni veni veni posted:

Does anyone have experience selling Lego on Ebay? I'm selling some sets, and I always keep the boxes, but I'm not sure if it's better to list them with or without them. On one hand, I figure the box will make it more desirable to bid on/possibly fetch a few more dollars. On the other other hand the amount of headache it'll be to find a bigger box to put them in as well as the added shipping cost might it not worth it.

If it’s not sealed, you can always just flat pack the box, saving you and the buyer some shipping cost

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
You could always give the buyer the option of including the box. I've done that a couple of times, bought a set with the box and asked the seller to discard the box to save on shipping.
Unless it's a vintage set (and I'm talking 90s or earlier), the box is usually not worth much anyway. I personally don't know anyone who would go out of their way to buy a newer set with box.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

veni veni veni posted:

Look up listings for complete sets with and without box and click the "sold" option in the lost of sorting options and compare the average sale price for complete with box vs without. It's very random whether something will be worth a lot more with the box or not, and you also may want to look into shipping the box separately in a big reinforced flattened box and the set itself in a bad in a small box, to avoid dramatically higher dimensional weight shipping cost increases.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Adult sets: keep the box.
Others: probably doesn't matter unless it is old.

Before you list, pack the item up and get the weight and measurements. Then set up the shipping info on your listing so the buyer can see what their shipping cost will be. Never give free shipping. Shipping can change a lot depending on where the buyer is. The same item could cost significantly more depending on where it is going. I'm in CA. I learned this the hard way. It's never fun to lose money on a sale because you didn't charge enough for shipping.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Came across the Lego employee gift this year. Going to say I’m a bit jealous on this one.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DrChud posted:

Came across the Lego employee gift this year. Going to say I’m a bit jealous on this one.

This is cool as hell...

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
It'll be available for $100-150ish a couple of months into 2020, perhaps on the higher side of that figure due to being a Star Wars model and a really cool one to boot.

There is a lot of Lego employees so there are a lot of these in circulation. Many of the employees aren't that interested in Lego, its just a job, so there will be a decent amount of these for sale.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

DrChud posted:

Holy poo poo! :aaa: Why the hell doesn't Lego release this in the wild, it's fantastic!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ineptitude posted:

It'll be available for $100-150ish a couple of months into 2020, perhaps on the higher side of that figure due to being a Star Wars model and a really cool one to boot.

There is a lot of Lego employees so there are a lot of these in circulation. Many of the employees aren't that interested in Lego, its just a job, so there will be a decent amount of these for sale.

Yeah just don’t look on eBay right now. The prices are way up there...

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Well, that's another way to let the Lego-UCS-collectors hold the beer

e: apparently, my batmobile will arrive at December, 18th. Perfect for christmas, and I guess I'll build it with my brother and his kids.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Mine is arriving tomorrow and I have a continuing education class all day that I really shouldn’t skip :mad:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I'm looking forward to find some Lego-time again. I think I only need like another hour to finish the Saturn V launch site, and have some more stuff sitting here I want to build before christmas (like a proper gingerbread house [enclosed, with lightstax]). They can't be drowned under the batmobile in regard to the overall backlog.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Started batmobile, wound up having a missing part, and of course it's one of the technic ones that I don't believe I have in my collection (at least not in something that isn't built. I looked forward a bit and I think I found a suitable replacement part as I don't think. Good thing I won't need the replacement part for a while.

So far this thing is an amazing build for something this size. The steering mechanism is a work of art once it all snaps together.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Dogen posted:

Mine is arriving tomorrow and I have a continuing education class all day that I really shouldn’t skip :mad:

Mine comes on Thursday. I can't recall the last time the thread was so abuzz about a set. Maybe the Saturn V.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Y’all are killin me

(Keep it comin!)