Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Its Coke posted:

they were already confirmed as far as I'm concerned. the only thing that could be different in the movie at this point is post-production modifications. which might actually be done heavily to the ending

There was a leaked image of the Senate's super lightning, and the fleet of Star Destroyers has been all over the TV spots. We just didn't know if those Star Destroyers were Death Star Destroyers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Help me to establish them as death star star destroyers by calling them that constantly, I think it sounds way stupider as is appropriate for the concept

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

[jivjovishly] actually they're starkiller destroyers

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Calling it a Death Star Destroyer just makes it sound like it destroys death stars, you're right that it's a Death Star Star Destroyer.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Of all the things JJ could consider taking from TLJ, in hindsight it is so very painfully obvious that miniaturized death star tech would be one of them

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

The only thing scarier than a Death Star? A really big Death Star. And the only thing scarier than that? A hundred Death Stars.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

cargohills posted:

Are you asking why it would be stupid to have the hero of the film become a fascist because Luke Skywalker was a bit mean to her?

Did you miss the prequel trilogy where Anakin murders the poo poo out of children because the emperor told him he's Darth Vadar now?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
There’s apparently Aurebesh on Lando’s cane pommel in TROS that reads " Baron Landonis Balthazar Calrissian III."

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

pospysyl posted:

The only thing scarier than a Death Star? A really big Death Star. And the only thing scarier than that? A hundred Death Stars.

That's ridiculous. The scariest thing would be if the baddies had a small team of death stars, each of which echoes one of the heroes in some way, like in the fast and the furious 6.

Edit: I wanted to do more with this post, but it's really hard to describe the opposites of the sequel characters

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Its Coke posted:

Lucas would have 100% have had Han do it

I'm assuming that was the original intent SOMEONE had and Disney said no, you can't

That actually makes a ton of sense because everything was clearly leading up to that and then took a hard turn away from it . So I'll just preach as gospel the studio destroyed TLJ just like they did rogue 1 (which was more obvious )

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Moose King posted:

Off the top of my head, the verified leaks have the dagger having directions to Sheev. In order to read the map on the dagger they have to install DaggerDecoder.exe on 3PO but he doesn't have enough hard drive space so they delete his memories to make room, luckily R2 has a backup 3PO's-Memories.txt stored from a couple years ago so it's fine. After they go to the desert bazaar planet for that, Kylo and the jetpack catapult bike stormtroopers attack and at some point Chewie gets nabbed and put on a shuttle. Rey accidentally Force Lightnings the shuttle and blows it up, everyone thinks Chewie is dead but then it turns out he was on a different shuttle and is perfectly fine. Everyone goes to Sheev's iceberg thing where he's got a million old Star Destroyers with Death Star superlasers, there's a big space battle while Sheev shoots a ton of lightning into space and blows a bunch of stuff up. Force Ghost Han shows up at one point and talks to Kylo, but then Kylo gets yeeted into a pit and never shows up again. The ghosts of Luke and Leia kill Sheev's soul or something so he can't come back again. Movie ends with Rey visiting the old Lars farm on Tatooine (probably during a binary sunset) and someone asks who she is and she says her name is Rey Skywalker, credits roll.

Also they go to the wreckage of the second Death Star at some point, I forget why.

Holy poo poo lol

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

So going to the wreckage of the Death Star II to find poo poo rules because lol how the gently caress else did Kylo Ren get Vader's trashed rear end helmet?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

weekly font posted:

So going to the wreckage of the Death Star II to find poo poo rules because lol how the gently caress else did Kylo Ren get Vader's trashed rear end helmet?

A
STORY
FOR
ANOTHER
TIME

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I honestly hope Force Ghost Han is just a disinformation tactic to cover for Force Ghost Anakin.

Becoming a force ghost if you’re not imbued with the Force and/or not a Jedi isn’t a thing and while Disney is probably dumb enough to do that, Anakin showing up instead and telling his grandson to get off his lawn would be much more dramatic.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Papercut posted:

Holy poo poo lol

I can not wait for the 20th. This is gonna be such a shitshow and I wanna be there to see the looks on people’s faces :munch:

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

The leaks are real and the movie is gonna suck, but I refuse to believe Sheev actually says “Execute Order 67”.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

im glad the leaks are real, entertainingly bad is the most i was hoping for anyway

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

nemesis_hub posted:

The leaks are real and the movie is gonna suck, but I refuse to believe Sheev actually says “Execute Order 67”.

that was from a different and obviously fake leak

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I still wish the "no, YOU are my father" leak for TLJ was real though

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

weekly font posted:

The helmet wasn't on the death star. Luke put Vader's suit/body on a funeral pyre on Endor.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Ben killed a hundred Ewoks for that mask.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

nemesis_hub posted:

This is the ninth episode so obviously it would be Order 69.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Order 67 pizzas.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Someone photoshop the "I'm so sick of these star wars" image so Durga the Hutt is a death star and "Star Wars" is replaced with "Death Stars".

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
the thing that gets me most is how the wreckage of the death star 2 somehow ended up around another moon that isn't endor and this isn't explained or even commented on

like do people really think that rumor that disney wants to get out of paying george royalties for stuff from the OT and PT isn't true at this point?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The planet Endor orbits is called Tana, a gas giant; i’m unsure if it was ever mentioned how many moons Tana had.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

TerminalRaptor posted:

Did you miss the prequel trilogy where Anakin murders the poo poo out of children because the emperor told him he's Darth Vadar now?

He needed to grind dark side points fast so he could unlock the dark side power to stop people from dying.

Not saying it's not stupid, but I like the video game logic that is at work here.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Oh my God, my idea that the Empire should have multiple Star Destroyers with single reactor Death Star lasers (instead of just one big Death Star) is actually in the movie?

Also regarding the Dagger of Mortis, if it's actually the dagger in the movie it means Dave Filoni really do have more influence in the franchise and that is good.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Moose King posted:

Off the top of my head, the verified leaks have the dagger having directions to Sheev. In order to read the map on the dagger they have to install DaggerDecoder.exe on 3PO but he doesn't have enough hard drive space so they delete his memories to make room, luckily R2 has a backup 3PO's-Memories.txt stored from a couple years ago so it's fine. After they go to the desert bazaar planet for that, Kylo and the jetpack catapult bike stormtroopers attack and at some point Chewie gets nabbed and put on a shuttle. Rey accidentally Force Lightnings the shuttle and blows it up, everyone thinks Chewie is dead but then it turns out he was on a different shuttle and is perfectly fine. Everyone goes to Sheev's iceberg thing where he's got a million old Star Destroyers with Death Star superlasers, there's a big space battle while Sheev shoots a ton of lightning into space and blows a bunch of stuff up. Force Ghost Han shows up at one point and talks to Kylo, but then Kylo gets yeeted into a pit and never shows up again. The ghosts of Luke and Leia kill Sheev's soul or something so he can't come back again. Movie ends with Rey visiting the old Lars farm on Tatooine (probably during a binary sunset) and someone asks who she is and she says her name is Rey Skywalker, credits roll.

Also they go to the wreckage of the second Death Star at some point, I forget why.

What a load of maclunkey.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If Kylo gets thrown into a pit and is never talked about again in the movie, that just means he will be the best character in a Disney+ animated series set after Episode 9.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Death Star Star Destroyer?

Sounds like we're making a new language where those are the three words we're allowed to use

"Star star? Destroyer Death Star."
"Destroyer Death Star Star Star."
"DESTROYER!"

We are the Pokemon now

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Your brain dies a little every time you type or read death star star destroyer. JJ is glossy michael bay

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Vinylshadow posted:

Death Star Star Destroyer?

Sounds like we're making a new language where those are the three words we're allowed to use

"Star star? Destroyer Death Star."
"Destroyer Death Star Star Star."
"DESTROYER!"

We are the Pokemon now

Chewbacca, when the walls fell.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Horizon Burning posted:

the thing that gets me most is how the wreckage of the death star 2 somehow ended up around another moon that isn't endor and this isn't explained or even commented on

like do people really think that rumor that disney wants to get out of paying george royalties for stuff from the OT and PT isn't true at this point?

It's a JJ Abrams movie, glaring mistake WRT the scale of space are to be expected. Star Trek had the planet Vulcan being clearly visible from a planet on the other side of the galaxy, The Force Awakens had the same thing with Hosnian Prime getting blown up, it's not a stretch at all for JJ to just arbitrarily decide that the Death Star II wreckage ended up on a different planet.

It's not even that big a deal, maybe Endor has an ocean moon in addition to the forest moon and the wreckage fell there, who knows. If it's on a planet in a completely different system, though, that's classic JJ.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzeOrA2in1c&t=7m2s

I completely missed that the guy who wrote Batman vs Superman and Justice League is writing the script for Rise of Skywalker. Oh man.

This is definitely going to be a no-brain popcorn movie. I hope it's mostly ship battles, those are my favorite.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wasn't that giant stone throne in the leaks before the trailers came out as well

One of the other things in the leaks was that General Hux is the one who betrays the First Order and feeds information to the Resistance before they kill him

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzeOrA2in1c&t=7m2s

I completely missed that the guy who wrote Batman vs Superman and Justice League is writing the script for Rise of Skywalker. Oh man.

This is definitely going to be a no-brain popcorn movie. I hope it's mostly ship battles, those are my favorite.

If it's anything like BvS, it definitely won't be a no-brain popcorn movie. In fact, one of the main complaints about BvS is that it wasn't that kind of movie. Justice League also went under heavy rewrites by Joss Whedon.

Chris Terrio was brought in to BvS because he was the writer for Ben Affleck's Oscar-winning Argo, and I think he joined TROS at the recommendation of Zack Snyder who is Abrams' friend.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I think the thing I find hardest to believe in the leaks is the implication that Harrison Ford shows up again as Han Solo. I can't see any amount of money being enough for him to come back.

The MSJ posted:

If it's anything like BvS, it definitely won't be a no-brain popcorn movie. In fact, one of the main complaints about BvS is that it wasn't that kind of movie. Justice League also went under heavy rewrites by Joss Whedon.

Chris Terrio was brought in to BvS because he was the writer for Ben Affleck's Oscar-winning Argo, and I think he joined TROS at the recommendation of Zack Snyder who is Abrams' friend.

Ahh, gotcha.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Harrison ford talks a big game but ultimately he is a creature driven by checks. If he really believed in the never be han solo again thing he wouldn't have been in 7 in the first place, as he had claimed he wouldn't be for the previous 30 years

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Pollyanna posted:

I think the thing I find hardest to believe in the leaks is the implication that Harrison Ford shows up again as Han Solo. I can't see any amount of money being enough for him to come back.

You underestimate the power of a dump truck full of cash. If they want him he will be back.

I'm leaning towards the Han thing being a takeout and the force ghost that Ren has a heart to heart with being (young) Anakin. The entire movie is about Skywalkers, every other important Skywalker is apparently showing up as a force ghost, might as well take it full circle and really ramp that nostalgia to the max