Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pinche Rudo posted:

Watched DDT last night and got to see my first Jiro Ikemen match. He's really good, but I don't see him or his gimmick working in the Fascist minor leagues. He's DOA

It's cool, he can get a new gimmick, culturally sensitive as you'd expect like "samurai warrior".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
He'll be the next Tyler Breeze/Tye Dillinger/CJ Perry. He'll get a minute and a half entrance, but lose at every single takeover and that's his ceiling in NXT. If he makes it far enough to get to the main roster, he'll be on Superstars the rest of his 10 year contract.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1199241012385726467?s=20

This NOAH match should be very entertaining, on a Sugiura-Gun Produce show. No idea if it'll be broadcast but I hope it will be.

Anyway, talking of NOAH, if anyone is around they are streaming a show live on Youtube in about half an hour. There's a GHC National Championship match between Sugiura & Shuhei Taniguchi, Jr Heavyweight Tag match between Tadasuke & Harada against Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Kotoge, with a main event of Nakajima, Shiozaki & Kumano against Kiyomiya, Marufuji & Inoue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HePn6YdO3U

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

gently caress yeah Saku, Sug, and Fujita in the same match

more brain damage for the brain damage god :twisted:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/shupromobile/status/1199188857499136008?s=19

Always interesting to see who shupro puts on the front page of the annual directory of pro wrestlers. All these poor people having to share space with the despicable Daichi.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/shupromobile/status/1199188857499136008?s=19

Always interesting to see who shupro puts on the front page of the annual directory of pro wrestlers. All these poor people having to share space with the despicable Daichi.

can really see the creep of njpw becoming a monolith. feel like last year or two years ago it was only four njpw wrestlers and now it's up to nine and only one star from your "new majors" tier when in the past dg and ddt would have 2 or three.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/noah_kiyomiya/status/1200033711716061184?s=19

Kaito after hearing all the western puro fans saying he's not badass enough to the be the ace of NOAH.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/mattsdl/status/1200047302108430338

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/puffinbrain/status/1200397795280113664?s=19

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I'm glad for them, NOAH's had some really bad breaks over the yesrs

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Doug Williams (yay) and Michael Elgin (boo) got announced for those 1.4 and 1.5 NOAH shows.

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Doug Williams (yay) and Michael Elgin (boo) got announced for those 1.4 and 1.5 NOAH shows.

And I thought Williams had retired.

Oh well, add it to the list of "wrestling retirements that didn't last."

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think Doug is retired in the UK but will still take NOAH bookings once a year or so for the free holiday and nice payday.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate got a new logo.

https://twitter.com/dragongatekido/status/1202139782136004608

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I like that it has "Since 1999", straight up claiming the Toryumon Japan heritage. I don't like that it is new and different. (It's fine & I'll get used to it)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i liked the infinity logo :(

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
That's Majin Shenron

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I’m not sure if we should be reading into the name having Japan in it now?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

blast0rama posted:

I’m not sure if we should be reading into the name having Japan in it now?

probably a legal thing.

most notable about the logo is probably going to be new title (the pretzel dragon was all over the current ones and some of them are in real rough shape), and the crest on the dragon's brow has been both the toryumon and ultimo logo since forever. dragon kid and k-ness had variants of that crest on their early masks/gear.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dragongate is also one word now

so you could i guess call it DJPW

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i like it but the old logo was killer

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

probably a legal thing.

most notable about the logo is probably going to be new title (the pretzel dragon was all over the current ones and some of them are in real rough shape), and the crest on the dragon's brow has been both the toryumon and ultimo logo since forever. dragon kid and k-ness had variants of that crest on their early masks/gear.

Makes sense. I am indeed happy to see the TMon lineage get totally absorbed.

My hope of hopes (as someone who used to have every episode of Vamos Amigos on VHS), is that this further embrace of the Toryumon-era this year results in a massive dumping of older content on the Dragon Gate Network, but I'm just gonna assume we'll keep seeing 1-2 99-00-era events uploaded per month.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

blast0rama posted:

Makes sense. I am indeed happy to see the TMon lineage get totally absorbed.

My hope of hopes (as someone who used to have every episode of Vamos Amigos on VHS), is that this further embrace of the Toryumon-era this year results in a massive dumping of older content on the Dragon Gate Network, but I'm just gonna assume we'll keep seeing 1-2 99-00-era events uploaded per month.

Sadly everything with the network is up to GAORA and not them. They are well aware of its deficiencies and have gotten some stuff through (English content mainly), but things like pricing/their ridiculous VOD policy is a decision made higher up from the company.

They’ve used the name interchangeably as one word or two in the past, so I dunno if it’s going to be a set name in the future. I’ll probably still use it as two words in my coverage unless someone there makes it clear what they’re going with.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
So it was slightly a legal thing. Their new corporate name is DRAGONGATE inc (from Dragon Gate Entertainment). This will be uselessly annoying as the OWE side was founded as Dragon Gate Intl (don’t know if that’s still the name now as CIMA assumed the ownership of the promotion in japan rather than the former founder of DG)

Logo was done by the muscle anime guys.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Somewhat interesting news

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1202587121896189953?s=20

NOAH are going to be working with IWRG going forward. The story specifically mentions El Hijo de Canis Lupus & Dragon Bane, who are on the current NOAH tour & had their first match at Korakuen on Tuesday.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Also finally confirmation that Nosawa is in charge over there as speculated. Some people were denying it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

"Pro-Wrestling" being in a smaller font size is really bugging me

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1202722131034935297?s=19

Where does LEONA rank among wrestling failsons? I think he has a shoot job as an accountant so at least Fujinami can be proud of his maths skills.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Ganso Bomb posted:

"Pro-Wrestling" being in a smaller font size is really bugging me

:same:

that is driving me loving batty

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i kinda dig the logo but question why a new one was necessary at all. also having a logo featuring animal that symbolizes the company facing forward and baring its fangs strikes me as a bit new japanish but it's not "n-1" level and i seem to be the only one who even saw it that way

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Thauros posted:

i kinda dig the logo but question why a new one was necessary at all. also having a logo featuring animal that symbolizes the company facing forward and baring its fangs strikes me as a bit new japanish but it's not "n-1" level and i seem to be the only one who even saw it that way

It’s been pretty turbulent back stage in Dragon Gate this past year and a half with CIMA leaving and Okamura stepping down as president and the takeover of the Yoshino/Doi/Kido regime and the return of Ultimo. Guess they view it as a similar situation to the original Dragon Gate/Toryumon break, and a new logo and corporate poo poo to match the new situation was seen as necessary.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I decided to try to watch some of the key BJW matches this year, and I just noped out of watching Takeda vs. Sakuda. Just don't need to see anything shoved through both of someone's cheeks, no thanks.

Punch's eternal war with finding out if I like death matches may be over.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dragon Gate have confirmed the cards for the next two shows they are streaming on their network, both of which will have English commentary (I'm assuming Lenny Leonard & Larry Dallas again)

Final Gate 2019
15/12/19
1. KAI, Kagetora vs. Yuki Yoshioka, Keisuke Okuda
2. 10 Man Battle Royal:
Super Shisa, K-ness., Shachihoko Boy, Punch Tominaga, “brother” YASSHI, Kota Minoura, Problem Dragon, Oji Shiiba, Jimmy
3. Kazma Sakamoto vs. Dragon Dia
4. Dragon Gate 20th Anniversary Celebration Series Extra Volume:
“Hollywood” Stalker Ichikawa vs. Naomichi Marufuji
5. Ultimo Dragon, Ryo Saito, Yasushi Kanda vs. Masato Yoshino, Dragon Kid, Masaaki Mochizuki
6. Open the Brave Gate Championship Match:
Kaito Ishida vs. Jason Lee
7. Open the Triangle Gate 3 Way Championship Match:
Strong Machine J, Strong Machine F, Strong Machine G vs. H.Y.O, Takashi Yoshida, Diamanté vs. Kzy, Susumu Yokosuka, Genki Horiguchi
8. Open the Twin Gate Championship Match:
Eita, Big R Shimizu vs. YAMATO, BxB Hulk
9. Open the Dream Gate Championship Match:
Ben-K vs. Naruki Doi

Fantastic Gate
18/12/19
1. Shachihoko Boy, Problem Dragon, Punch Tominaga, Oji Shiiba, Hiroshi Yamato vs. Yasushi Kanda, K-ness., Jason Lee, Yuki Yoshioka, Jimmy
2. BxB Hulk, KAI vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Keisuke Okuda
3. Ben-K vs. Strong Machine J
4. Susumu Yokosuka, “brother” YASSHI vs. Dragon Kid, Dragon Dia
5. Ultimo Dragon, Ryo Saito, Kenichiro Arai vs. Big R Shimizu, Takashi Yoshida, Diamanté
6. Masato Yoshino, Naruki Doi vs. Kaito Ishida, Kazma Sakamoto
7. Doi Darts Special 4 Way 6 Man Tag Team Match:
Eita, Kota Minoura, Kzy vs. YAMATO, Gamma, Genki Horiguchi vs. Kagetora, H.Y.O, X vs. “Hollywood” Stalker Ichikawa, Don Fujii, Yosuke♡Santa Maria

Will be interesting to see J in a singles match. Also interested in seeing Ishida's first title defence (especially with his recent unvieling as one of the masked demons of RED), and another big Ben-K challenge. All in all, very much looking forward to these shows, and Eita has also promised the red demon's identity will be revealed at the Korakuen show on the 18th.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Stalker, Fujii, and Maria is an incredibly powerful team, and I'm glad the magic of Doi Darts brought it to us.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1203617090587918337?s=19

Graduating from being a child to a full grown wrestler

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm watching the finals of Real World Tag League as you do when wanting to forget politics/are killing time until Final Battle, and who is booking AJPW these days? Because I want to write to them and complain about the team of Yoshida and Valetta, about the worst team imaginable.

Gianni did a running discus lariat only he found Yoshida in his way so did the rotation, stopped and stepped to one side and then lariat. God it was lame.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 14, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jun Akiyama I believe is still booking and I'm going to send him a fruit basket because I love Valletta and Yoshida. Still salty that he didn't give Valletta his rightful shot against Kento on the 1.3 show even if Jake Lee is finally stopping the Kento.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I would send Akiyama gifts if I could because he’s too nice for wrestling.

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
I can't believe people dislike Valetta, he's so fun in a bad/good (?) way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

I can't believe people dislike Valetta, he's so fun in a bad/good (?) way.

I get the impression I'm in a minority when it comes to not getting Valletta.