Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

TTBF posted:

Yeah, Dave is much shorter in person than I expected. He also has the weakest handshake I've ever felt.

lol Dave does the wrestler handshake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Lord of Hats posted:

What episode does Spooks the Ghost Lad come up in

you're lucky i decided to look this up yesterday for some reason

https://streamable.com/olr2t

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I’m just getting around to WOR now and while I’m sure the main event last night was very very bad, it seems weird to me how bothered Dave was by the fact that they made Miz look like a geek. I feel like he should know that the whole point of the segment was to feed someone to the monster champion and then segue into the Bryan thing.

I dunno, maybe I’m nitpicking and I’m FAR from a WWE defender but at the end of the day it’s just Miz who cares, y’know?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

njsykora posted:

I feel like Bryan's defense of Charlotte is really taking away from Sempervive's "woman's body part" routine when he was looking for a radio friendly way to call Miz a pussy.

This was so bad I exclaimed "what the gently caress" out loud in the car in response.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

F4Wonline slash wrestling observer radio is the WWE of pod casting!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Karmine posted:

I’m just getting around to WOR now and while I’m sure the main event last night was very very bad, it seems weird to me how bothered Dave was by the fact that they made Miz look like a geek. I feel like he should know that the whole point of the segment was to feed someone to the monster champion and then segue into the Bryan thing.

I dunno, maybe I’m nitpicking and I’m FAR from a WWE defender but at the end of the day it’s just Miz who cares, y’know?

If you want to feed someone to Wyatt that's one thing, but don't make it incredibly personal story where the babyface needs to defend his family...... And fails miserably.

Like if it was Bray spooks him, faces him in match, wins easily, it wouldn't have been such a problem.

And listening to the granny segment last night was sad to hear in such detail how fake news so easily works on old people :(

Thankfully it's still funny to hear her been annoyed at them not understanding her incomprehensible notes.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Wazzu posted:

If you want to feed someone to Wyatt that's one thing, but don't make it incredibly personal story where the babyface needs to defend his family...... And fails miserably.

Like if it was Bray spooks him, faces him in match, wins easily, it wouldn't have been such a problem.

Counterpoint: it's hilarious to watch Miz get owned, or at least to think about Miz getting owned

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

This is not what the gently caress happened. The hate Charlotte gets on this board is ridiculous, she's ya'lls Hillary Clinton.

Hey now, Kairi is small but I wouldn't say she's Little St James material.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TTBF posted:

Yeah, Dave is much shorter in person than I expected. He also has the weakest handshake I've ever felt.

But did it LOOK strong? Because I need to know if...

OctoberCountry posted:

lol Dave does the wrestler handshake

:hai:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I like Bryan and Vinny and Craig and Dave and most of the F4W/WOR crew Still, I think Bryan is a bit unfair to Wyatt. He was as receptive to The Fiend as he was to Cactus Jack vs. Mick Foley. He refuses to buy into the kayface split personality stuff. Cactus is not the same as Mankind and Fiend is not he same as Wyatt. The story says it's something new and most of the fans are okay with that so I don't mind.

Granted, I legit like Bray and always have. I think he works in spite of WWE writing more than because of it , though. His resurgence here after they ruined him shows he can get the crowd into his character and matches. Him and Daniel Bryan got them energized at the last PPV.

I didn't see TLC though. I'm sue it did suck.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

TTBF posted:

recently met a luchador who had the weakest handshake in the world and I couldn't tell if it was because he was hurt, just has a weak handshake, or was sexist.

I... uh... weirdly hope he's just sexist because a weak handshake is horrifying to my Texan rear end and I don't like when wrestlers are hurt.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Have you all never watched the shoot interview with Sex Ferguson? All old school wrestlers have ginger handshakes.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Have you all never watched the shoot interview with Sex Ferguson? All old school wrestlers have ginger handshakes.

definitely haven't, do you happen to have a link?

(and/or a brief explanation of why because this was dainty as hell, not even like a dead fish handshake but some elderly high society lady shake)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its a way to let another wrestler know that you're really light in the ring.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

does stan hansen try to break your hand then

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

does stan hansen try to break your hand then

yeah but only because he can barely tell where your hand is so he's gotta squeeze tight to make sure he's got the right bodypart

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

the escape goat posted:

I... uh... weirdly hope he's just sexist because a weak handshake is horrifying to my Texan rear end and I don't like when wrestlers are hurt.

This reminded me of the King of the Hill episode where Hank is thrilled to vote for George W. till he meets him and shakes his hand ahead of the election and has an existential crisis when Dubya has a weak handshake :allears:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

This reminded me of the King of the Hill episode where Hank is thrilled to vote for George W. till he meets him and shakes his hand ahead of the election and has an existential crisis when Dubya has a weak handshake :allears:

"I thought you only cared about the issues, Hank?"

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

But did it LOOK strong? Because I need to know if...

It looked more like he was asking me to kiss the ring than like a handshake tbh

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

I Before E posted:

Counterpoint: it's hilarious to watch Miz get owned, or at least to think about Miz getting owned

Agreed, but somehow WWE has him as a face. It's so much nicer when he's a heel and we can laugh at his douche face.

Related: WWE's inability to do face turns and make likeable faces continues to be awful. People suddenly go from unlikable heels to unlikable faces.

Elias is a face now? Claiming Bayley asked Santa for a threesome with Elias and Sasha? Did she at least deny it and call him a pig? I know she beat up Dana for laughing, at least.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Wazzu posted:

Elias is a face now? Claiming Bayley asked Santa for a threesome with Elias and Sasha? Did she at least deny it and call him a pig? I know she beat up Dana for laughing, at least.

She just stood there looking vaguely irritated.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

the escape goat posted:

recently met a luchador who had the weakest handshake in the world and I couldn't tell if it was because he was hurt, just has a weak handshake, or was sexist.

a weak handshake is wrestling carny code for I'm not a mark, gently caress even wwe wrote about it

https://www.wwe.com/classics/art-of-the-handshake

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

NikkolasKing posted:

cactus is not the same as Mankind and Fiend is not he same as Wyatt. The story says it's something new and most of the fans are okay with that so I don't mind.

this isn't even true though. Mr. Rogers Bray just does Fiend poo poo whenever he wants and his character is fully aware of it. There's no meaningful distinction between the personalities

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bryan can’t understand how someone knocked loopy might not be able to communicate effectively in their second language and it’s infuriating

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Bryan can’t understand how someone knocked loopy might not be able to communicate effectively in their second language and it’s infuriating

Goddamn you're not kidding. Especially with approach of "why weren't Kairi and Charlotte not communicating?" when a) KAIRI IS CONCUSSED AS gently caress and b) Kairi actually did communicate. She didn't bump for the spear and didn't go up for the power bomb and tapped Charlotte repeatedly on the shoulder to try to get her to stop.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
The lengths they went to not blame Charlotte were pretty wild

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dave said Charlotte hosed up though?

The Kairi thing was an institutional failure. Everybody from Charlotte through to the people at the back hosed up imo.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I only listened to the Dave and Bryan post TLC show and they seemed to pretty clearly say it was hosed up that the match wasn’t stopped.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Punch McLightning posted:

I only listened to the Dave and Bryan post TLC show and they seemed to pretty clearly say it was hosed up that the match wasn’t stopped.

They do like 20 minutes on it on today’s show.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
did Kairi squeeze the ref's finger? youre not supposed to squeeze the finger if you can't go..

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hated Dave spitting truth about how working over a body part almost never matters after Bryan made a really good point about how WWE matches are boring. He was right but Bryan was righter.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
Filthy's lisp is incredibly pronounced over the phone in the latest episode.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

😬

What a stupid hill to die on.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

As an actual wrestler he probably knows what he's talking about here. Especially one who is paranoid about bumps and shots to the head and never wants to take any risks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Alan BStard posted:

Filthy's lisp is incredibly pronounced over the phone in the latest episode.

I've been wondering if it has become more pronounced because it's been more and more apparent on recent shows and I wasn't sure if it was just something I never noticed before but now that I have I can't NOT hear it.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

Jerusalem posted:

I've been wondering if it has become more pronounced because it's been more and more apparent on recent shows and I wasn't sure if it was just something I never noticed before but now that I have I can't NOT hear it.

I'd never noticed it before, but then someone mentioned it in the thread and I still couldn't hear it but this week, particularly when he seemed to move his head away from his phone he sounded like Sylvester the cat.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

GoutPatrol posted:

a weak handshake is wrestling carny code for I'm not a mark, gently caress even wwe wrote about it

https://www.wwe.com/classics/art-of-the-handshake

my bad for not reading a WWE.com article from 6 years ago :rolleyes:

it's an interesting thing to learn about, for sure.

And goddamn, Dave and Bryan are getting more insufferable by the day aren't they? woof.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the handshake thing has been a running gag all through wrestling for 40 years. Dudes only do that to each other because they're loving with them. Like pretending to suck each other's dicks. its high comedy in wrestling circles.

Like the whole introducing yourself to everyone in the lockerroom thing(a funny gag often used on newbs), its taken a life of its own divorced from its origins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Loved Dave clarifying that Liv Morgan didn’t actually wear the towel into the tub.