Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Less than a week after the forbidden portal remained closed, AEW presents its second show of 2020.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1213501823027417089
Welcome to All Elite Wrestling's Tribute to Memphis wrestling and Anniversary Special from the 'Greater Memphis Area' or Southaven, Mississippi.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1213264120423886848
First up on the active card is not a match but a conclusion (hopefully!) AEW World Champion Chris Jericho has offered #1 Contender Jon Moxley an opportunity to become a not-quite equal partner in Chris Jericho's organization the Inner Circle, and presumably give up his potential title match with Le Champion in the process. As it is only 3 days since the IWGP Untied States Heavyweight champion was confronted by the King of the World Minoru Suzuki in the Tokyo Dome, will this perspective on his future cause Moxley to accept the offer from the devil or will Moxley have an explosive negative response to Jericho's thirty pieces of silver

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1214518553581412355
The first match on the docket was made last week by Sammy Guevara speaking on behalf of Proud and Powerful Santana and Ortiz during a SCU promo. He targeted Daniels as being the weak link, a past-his prime old man with nothing to add to the web forum based trio. Daniels took exception to the taunting and tried to damage Sammy Guevara's newest camera he received for Christmas. Will the Fallen Angel get more revenge by beating Guevara, or is the Old Man Murderer Sammy Guevara really happening in 2020 and will Sammy find a way to face and beat CIMA next week?

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1214631741782155267
Next up is tag team action as the relatively new tag team of Page and Omega face Private Party in a match stemming from Page's millennial cowboy depression. Page has been interacting with Private Party on Being the Elite infrequently for the past month or so as his emotional state has deteriorated and it came to a head on Dynamite as he cut off a Private Party promo at the Jacksonville Jaguars private box bar to swipe some whiskey before calling the main even six man tag team match. During the confrontation with Private Party, Page implied he could be the two of them himself, so look forward to Kenny having to The Cleaner up Page's mess tonight.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1214575120955645952
More tag team action as it is brothers vs. brothers, as the Rhodes brothers take on the Lucha Brothers in a first time meeting between two very good tag teams. The Lucha Brothers have, despite being incredibly charismatic and wonderful performers, been kind of dicks to various members of the Elite and greater Elite family (taking out Daniels with a package piledriver, attacking Kenny Omega while he was looking for Nakazawa, losing the mega campeonato to Kenny in Mexico) the Rhodes brothers have other factors weighing on their minds as MJF laid out his stipulations for what it would take for him to face Cody at Revolution and Dustin has been feuding with Jake Hager over who loves the troops more. Will this weaken the resolve of the Rhodes brothers and lead to the Lucha brothers getting back in the title hunt, or will the Rhodes boys pick up the w.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1214328290992766977
In the match showcasing how AEW has talent go from "who" to "must-see", it's the best trio in the god drat universe, consisting of Orange Cassidy, Big Greg and Young Dustin taking on Jungle Boy Jack Perry and his problematic friends, the dinosaur with a master's degree in medieval history and the Mississippi originated Marko Stunt. The Jurassic Express have taken the hug spot from the good guys, they have taken the lovable underdog babyface spot from the good guys, and now they are going to eat a Strong Zero, the orange juice mist and an Awful Waffle and job out to the best team in AEW.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1214495817433792512
And finally the match I am actually most exited for, the AEW Women's World title is on the line as Riho defends her belt in back to back weeks against the Galaxy's Greatest Alien Kris Stat(lander). Either of these two winning this match would be phenomenal, and with Riho getting a new gimmick of being yelled at in a language she doesn't entirely (or at all) speak both have fun story options for holding the belt. And the specter of the Nightmare Collective looms heavy over a Kris Stat win as they have been trying to bring the alien might into their weird crew of, I guess, hit squad for Cody. It's not super clear who is calling the shots for why the Nightmare Collective are taking people down, but they want Kris Stat in the fold and the AEW Women's World title is going to only make that more active.

All this and presumably some more and some pitches to the future on AEW Dynamite on TNT.

ALL HAIL THE DARK ORDER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCxBi0CTqJk
The Road to Memphis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFk0viRI7Ok

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Looks like your official TNT Dynamite pre-show movie tonight will be London Has Fallen.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

blast0rama posted:

Looks like your official TNT Dynamite pre-show movie tonight will be London Has Fallen.

They already made a movie about the 2019 British elections?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
hopefully my plan to sleep all day to make up for the 0 sleep i got last night allows me to watch aew

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

CobiWann posted:

They already made a movie about the 2019 British elections?

No, that's the sequel; this one is about the Brexit referendum.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

AEW paying tribute to Lance Russell & Eddie Gilbert is the closest AEW have gotten to interesting me in a while.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
This has been me since waking up

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

working hurt tonight as i have hosed up my dominant hand so live posts will be both less frequent and less coherent than usual

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

loaded card

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this week, the dynamite poster of the week, is wide open. anyone could win it and anyone could be placed in the top five faves. all you've to do is post. immortalize yourself

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Cavauro posted:

this week, the dynamite poster of the week, is wide open. anyone could win it and anyone could be placed in the top five faves. all you've to do is post. immortalize yourself

i'm working hard to grab the brass ring

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I would be doing better if Cavauro hadn't changed the formula, but I don't hold that against cav.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
This shows gonna fuckin rule

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm excited as heck for this show. I'm not sure who I want to win the Women's Title match. :ohdear:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

PunkBoy posted:

I'm excited as heck for this show. I'm not sure who I want to win the Women's Title match. :ohdear:

jericho/chyna-style double champions

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

PunkBoy posted:

it's wonderful that I'm happy with whoever wins it, just hoping for a great match (it will be). that said, my feeling is riho retains for a bit longer.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
I am ONLY posting in the pursuit of Dynamite Poster Of The Week and to say more Darby Allin on my television, please

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can’t believe the inferior Japanese wrestlers thought they could defeat our superior American wrestlers and try to steal our beautiful world championship belts

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Taintrunner posted:

Can’t believe the inferior Japanese wrestlers thought they could defeat our superior American wrestlers and try to steal our beautiful world championship belts

The forbidden portal will never open

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hey, I remembered Dynamite was on tonight.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Mons Hubris posted:

The forbidden portal will never open

ibushi will spread wide the dark hole and expose its hidden delights

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

let's go, Riho!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sticky Nate posted:

let's go, Riho!

Hell loving yes

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
my body is ready

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

This took far too long and it's lovely. :(

Join Dark Order

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Waffleopolis posted:

This took far too long and it's lovely. :(

Join Dark Order

You seem to have linked a normal promotional photo of Evil Uno? Or maybe I'm just dumb/blind but I can't see what the edit is.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
#JoinDarkOrder

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Unfortunately have to miss this show. The Memphis hype is cool though

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I have to put myself on team Kris Stat for the women's match. I like Riho and I have enjoyed her matches during her reign but if she beats Statlander I'm not sure what other championship stories you tell with her. She's beaten Nyla, Britt, Emi, Hikaru, and a combination of three of the above. I'm just not sure what stories are left, especially for someone with an underdog character. Take the belt off her and I think you open up multiple story opportunities (teaming with Kenny, rebuilding her confidence, etc).

On the other side of it, right now I can see more stories for Statlander with the belt than without. There's a host of AEW women I'd like to see her face (a Swole match would rock, a Nyla match too) and it would shake up the scene nicely.

I should stress that I won't mind if it goes the other way. I just have Kris as my preference for now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Statlander owns, but Riho forever :colbert:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Hyped for more good wrestling after having to go a whole day without any

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

The Croc posted:

Hyped for more good wrestling after having to go a whole day without any

that's hard times

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Every match here is enough to get a massive pop from me, but I'll go nuclear if Orange Cassidy gets on top of Luchasaurus' shoulders and then puts his hands in his pockets.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I for one welcome our new alien overlord

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Let Riho say poo poo!

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

coconono posted:

Let Riho say poo poo!

i agree, it's the best way to start the build for the riho vs chuck taylor deathmatch

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Are we finally going to hear :judas: again tonight? It's been too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Light the fuse, Dynamite