Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Public transportation pet peeve: there are bays / niches for Kinderwagen in our trams and buses and some clueless fucker will inevitably stand there so that I have to weaponize my stroller to get them to move out of the way. Actually, I quite enjoy doing that so I guess this isn’t a pet peeve after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
ah yes something else that is hosed in public transport: people with strollers and/or loud children

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Shut up oliwan

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smirr posted:

While Köln doesn't have an U-Bahn, I'd still like to weigh in: what the absolute gently caress is up with people on the tram who, as soon as the train pulls out of the stop before the one they want to get off, bulldoze their way towards the door in order to press the door button? The doors open automatically (unless they don't, in which case you press the button while stationary, and pre-pressing wouldn't have done anything), and the tram always stops at every stop. People will do this even before loving Neumarkt, as if there might not be anyone there. I guess it's an alibi for going to the door early, but it's also completely useless. Also sometimes someone will reach over like three people in order to press the button without physically getting to the door, so what the gently caress

yeah I mean this is the same issue as people already moving to the doors on the u bahn before the stop is reached. I guess it's tourists who think they won't make it out if they just wait without annoying other people?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

oliwan posted:

yeah I mean this is the same issue as people already moving to the doors on the u bahn before the stop is reached. I guess it's tourists who think they won't make it out if they just wait without annoying other people?

In Pendler- und Messezeiten ist das eine begründete Sorge. Da muss man frühzeitig den Gang freikämpfen, damit man genug Zeit die Türbereiche zu durchstoßen.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Einmal zwangsweise ne Haltestelle zu weit gefahren traumatisiert fürs ganze Leben. Spreche da aus eigener Erfahrung.

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

Smirr posted:

The doors open automatically (unless they don't, in which case you press the button while stationary, and pre-pressing wouldn't have done anything), and the tram always stops at every stop.
except for the obvious stations like neumarkt und so where the driver usually taps the open-all-doors-button, the pre press actually works, at least on whatever kind of trains the 1 7 and 9 use. also its fun to press the blinking light button while you wait

gently caress all the panicky tourists who race to the doors before they open tho

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Gatac posted:

Einmal zwangsweise ne Haltestelle zu weit gefahren traumatisiert fürs ganze Leben. Spreche da aus eigener Erfahrung.

Deshalb guck ich immer, wo die Endhaltestelle ist. Man stelle sich nur mal vor, dass man aus der S6 aus Richtung Essen nicht aussteigt und bis zu den letzten zwei Haltestellen weiterfährt.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Gatac posted:

Bist du in Polen gelandet oder so?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
40 new posts?

Oh, the germans are setting arbitrary minor rules. That makes perfect sense. :)

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Bist du in Polen gelandet oder so?

Dummerchen, nach Polen fährt man auf Kette nicht auf Schiene.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Randler posted:

Dummerchen, nach Polen fährt man auf Kette nicht auf Schiene.

Entschuldigung, Ostpreußen

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I once passed out in the U2 and woke up in the depot in loving Ruhleben lol. fun detail was that I still had my earplugs in my ears, but the phone that they were plugged into was stolen :)

oliwan fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 9, 2020

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
relevant twitter post of today:

https://twitter.com/BVG_Kampagne/status/1215249611243315200?s=19

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Randler posted:

Deshalb guck ich immer, wo die Endhaltestelle ist. Man stelle sich nur mal vor, dass man aus der S6 aus Richtung Essen nicht aussteigt und bis zu den letzten zwei Haltestellen weiterfährt.

I once was riding the S-Bahn to a tinder date/booty call late in the evening and started playing Quizduell, so I missed the station and ended up in some Frankfurt suburbs. Since she was pretty hot and I was in better shape back then I jogged back the 5km in a litlle bit over 20min, taking short cuts through fenced off moonlit Schrebergartens, only opting for a detour when I came to a heavily defended Schrebergarten with a wall with broken glass and barbed wire on top.

When I arrived I reeked like a polecat and was close to vomiting, but fortunately she had a very nice flat with an even nicer tub.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
5k in 20 minutes is drat impressive.

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019
He was horny. That was also the secret in the oregon runner project they killed late last year.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I discussed a text about pewdiepie in my 11. Klasse today and half of the class didn't know what "anti-semitic" means :)

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

oliwan posted:

I discussed a text about pewdiepie in my 11. Klasse today and half of the class didn't know what "anti-semitic" means :)

It's when you have a border conflict with Israel op.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Idk what "pewdiepie" means tbh

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Mithaldu posted:

40 new posts?

Oh, the germans are setting arbitrary minor rules. That makes perfect sense. :)

About public transport, no less, the most German of topics!

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
https://twitter.com/littlewisehen/status/1215599688319148033

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Totes read that as Wehrmacht Ansprache lol

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Zwille posted:

Totes read that as Wehrmacht Ansprache lol

But it clearly said Merkel, not Steinmeier? :confused:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

When you’re very good at Jura

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Not calling it "Versailler Diktat", 2/10, bad Nazi

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Super! Das heißt es gibt wieder die Todesstrafe. Zeit, all diese Hirnamputierten Nazis mit dem Schwert zu richten!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Libluini posted:

Super! Das heißt es gibt wieder die Todesstrafe. Zeit, all diese Hirnamputierten Nazis mit dem Schwert zu richten!

That's a horrible thing to say.

Being a nazi is strictly a hanging offence.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I have found a German Hoxhaist online newspaper (a non-defunct one, that is). This poo poo rips:

quote:

Hier helfen keine dialektischen Spreizschritte: Die Wiedererrichtung des Reiterstandbildes des ‚Alten Fritz‘ ist ein übler Schandfleck in der Geschichte der DDR und zeigt letztendlich die ideologische Verkommenheit der SED-Spitze an, die in Richtung feudaler Sozialismus ging. Über diesen haben Marx und Engels im Manifest geschrieben, dass er „Schmählieder“ auf die Bourgeoisie sang, um ihr „mehr oder minder unheilschwangere Prophezeiungen … ins Ohr raunen zu dürfen“. (MEW 4,483). Was tat die Propaganda der SED letztendlich anderes gegenüber der BRD? Es fehlte jeder militant-aggressive Ton gegenüber diesem reaktionären, von Faschisten mit aufgebauten Nachfolgestaat, den es zu vernichten galt, um die deutsche Einheit unter sozialistischen Zeichen durchzusetzen.

In diesem Zusammenhang ist auch der spätere, spezifische Kult der SED um Martin Luther von 1983 zu sehen. Honecker war wie besessen, Vorsitzender des Martin-Luther-Komitees zum 500. Geburtstag (10. November) zu werden. Müntzer fristete bei so viel Brimborium nur noch eine Mauerblümchendasein, unterschlagen musste man, dass Luther während des Bauernkrieges zum Massenmord am deutschen Volk aufgerufen hatte, denn die Bauern bildeten damals eben das Volk. Man solle die revolutionären Bauern um Müntzer würgen, hauen, stechen …. Kurz: Luther war der erste Sozialdemokrat in der deutschen Geschichte.

Oh my god there's one where they criticize the MLPD for hosting a Christmas party lmao https://www.arbeit-zukunft.de/2020/01/02/mlpd-nikolausfeiern-von-rebell-und-rotfuechsen/#more-6346

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

I think the KPD/ML still exists too, it used to be Germany’s largest Hoxhaist party. They were most noteworthy for their attempt to clandestinely establish party cells in the GDR which led to them getting mercilessly crushed by the Stasi (seriously, it’s kinda amazing how much manpower the Stasi threw at this tiny splinter group). Their party song is :krad: though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0olHZsfcBc

e: ah, turns out the group you linked to used to be the KPD/ML until they renamed

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 11, 2020

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

I have found a German Hoxhaist online newspaper (a non-defunct one, that is). This poo poo rips:

Oh my god there's one where they criticize the MLPD for hosting a Christmas party lmao https://www.arbeit-zukunft.de/2020/01/02/mlpd-nikolausfeiern-von-rebell-und-rotfuechsen/#more-6346

Maybe the Hoxahists have a point. :thunk:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/FJ_Murau/status/1215744767096762376?s=20

Wir hatten ja nichts damals :qq:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Srsly tho, who, behind Randler ofc, is the best German?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

oliwan posted:

I see you conduct your teaching content with the same "diligence" as you do your posting :lol:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

aphid_licker posted:

Srsly tho, who, behind Randler ofc, is the best German?

Uwe Seeler

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Is Biermann good?

e: I submit that the dorks from Tocotronic should count as one good German collectively

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Went to my local Asian market down the road, figured I'd get some rice noodles, some oyster sauce, nothing big, you know?

It did not go as planned.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Went to my local Asian market down the road, figured I'd get some rice noodles, some oyster sauce, nothing big, you know?

It did not go as planned.

LMAO at having a keyboard with a separate display/smartphone holder.

That's like an extra balcony.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

EXCUSE ME, I finally found a use for my old phone and that dumb retractable thing on my very first mechanical keyboard, and I shall not be shat on for it.

I am more than ready to be shat on for my 4qm balcony, though, so poo poo away :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

In less :thermidor:-related and more important news: The 2020 chili season has begun