Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Relin posted:

what happened to mitsuba's stand? did yasuho redirect its after the doctor's stand took effect? why was his triggered? buh

I think Mitsuba's third arrow was pushed along by the other two because she dropped it in shock. She already hurt herself the first time she saw the doctor at the estate so anyone viewing him can also proc his automatic effect and her arrows are physical objects once manifested. That being said that's hosed up what she did, it's not out of character since the love of the Higashikata family and the lengths they will go for each other is well understood. But christ it's Yasuho we're talking about. And speaking of which, she got a full frontal look at the Doctor, I'm really hoping my theory that he's a 2nd rock human living inside her Ex is correct because she'll need a healing hand coming off crumbling into dust and being given a heat stroke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Do you think Yasuho regrets stumbling onto Gappy by this point?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hiatus next month :(

Also dammit, Araki is so loving good at making me hate Jobin and I just really really really hope Jobin gets his just desserts. With all of the poo poo he has been doing, I feel like nothing that happens to him will be satisfying enough.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
The most stone cold closing of a toilet I've ever seen

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Hiatus next month :(

Also dammit, Araki is so loving good at making me hate Jobin and I just really really really hope Jobin gets his just desserts. With all of the poo poo he has been doing, I feel like nothing that happens to him will be satisfying enough.

hiatus until march 19th

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Aurora posted:

hiatus until march 19th

Isn't that what I said??

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Talk about being treated like poo poo! Ahahahahaha gently caress you Jobin

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Joshu is getting a redemption isn’t he :ohdear:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

hatty posted:

Joshu is getting a redemption isn’t he :ohdear:

There's still time for him to save Yasuho via equivalent exchange and die as a result. Heroic sacrifice is the best redemption he can hope for at this point, really.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

It'd be great if this weird bs going on w Tsurugi is just a particularly lovely and/or broken Requiem stand awakening.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Pootybutt posted:

a particularly lovely and/or broken Requiem stand awakening.

Now I'm imagining King Crimson except it just doesn't work.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

Now I'm imagining King Crimson except it just doesn't work.

"Haha, you think you'll shoot me? Baka, noone will threaten my eternal throne."

*uses stand* *has now been shot eight times in all of the 8 heads he now has*

"!!"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Pootybutt posted:

"Haha, you think you'll shoot me? Baka, noone will threaten my eternal throne."

*uses stand* *has now been shot eight times in all of the 8 heads he now has*

"!!"

MEEEEESTAAAAAA

e:

Archenteron posted:

It's been too long without a giant Jojo Plot Theory brainstorm so have someone's 50min musings on the future of Jojolion, ft. Elvis as the key to everything

Yeah sure king of rock n roll works and all but what if instead it was King Diamond to go with Crazy Diamond and the King naming

Or it should just be another Prince song but with King as the second sound or word like California King Bed, Walking Heart, Nut King Call, Speed King, and Awaking III Leaves, which leaves us with...

Animal Kingdom or Rocking Chair

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 19, 2020

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Isn't that what I said??

you know for some reason I thought it was December

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
My guess is Norisuke will save Yasuho and that's how he dies.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Yasahu either dies in a loving toilet or is rescued by Joshua and I hate both possible outcomes

There is norisuke but he's like nowhere around here right now

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Yasahu either dies in a loving toilet or is rescued by Joshua and I hate both possible outcomes

There is norisuke but he's like nowhere around here right now

Incoming Joshu using his stand to cause the toilet water to drain out

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I hope we get to see the head doctor celebrating his <NINETIETH BIRTHDAY> at the higashikata estate.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
"So we finally meet...Higashikata Josuke." :toot:

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
So, I started reading Jojolion. I'm guessing I don't need to put it under spoilers because what I'm reading was published in like 2012 and no one wants a wall of black bars.
What the gently caress. Jojo was always bizarre, but that aspect of it definitely shines much more once Araki does actual long-form mysteries, and not just stand battles that are explained quickly enough.
I stopped at the part where Josuke learns about the magical soil and himself being split.
I've heard some people describing certain events of Part 7 as Araki playing with your expectations, but Jojolion is full-on trolling.

Here are some thoughts in no particular order:

Kira's mention, his hands, Killer Queen and fetish photos were essentially just a reference to gently caress with your head. Yeah, him being gone is debatable, but still. Of course the bigger question is who's the second part of Josuke, and his true name. After all, dude's named after a dog, and hosed up family. Still, weird to see this mystery wrapped up so early. I feel like in any other media this split person deal would've been an endgame revelation.

I like how it uses Higashikata name to lure you into thinking they're good guys. I mean, they might not be the worst, but every single one seems like a loving rear end in a top hat. I can sorta understand Daiya, since she's blind and lives among creeps, but Norisuke being like "oh poo poo, sexual assault is happening! Ah well, that might be for the best" definitely points to him being at the very least a minor villain.

Obviously I've heard some things about this part before reading and I'm surprised that it seems like I've already encountered them all. I've heard names of Kira and Killer Queen among with other references to characters, and I've seen Part 8 stage in Eyes of Heaven. The other ones are just little things like "That dog!" panel and something about 89 years old which seems to be The Meme here.

It's weird to see Araki drawing nudity, but it almost seems like a hosed up joke too, since it's never actually sexy and leads to something terrifying.

It seems Josuke and Yasuho will have a romantic sub-plot, and while I usually would be against it, they're actually kinda cute together because, as with most characters in Jojo, they're loving dipshits.

Another thing I've heard is that it's unclear who the main villain is, and I think it's a stupid conversation to have when Joshu is right there.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I like French fries ~

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Zeruel posted:

I like French fries ~

But not fried chicken!

Wait, wait, WAIT. Was that foreshadowing?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Are you a man of the sea or a man of the land?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Are you a chicken of the sea or a chicken of the land?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Pancakes?

I don't believe in god.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Seriously.

89 years old.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

anybody else think he’s not 89 years old

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

Are you a man of the sea or a man of the land?

Do you think Kira asked that same question anytime someone ordered surf and turf?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Are you a man of 89 years or a man with [Four]?

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

FirstAidKite posted:

Are you a chicken of the sea or a chicken of the land?
Chicken of the jacuzzi, thank you.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I just can't wait for the year of the part 8 anime, 2040 or something. I'm going to drown you in 89 year old doctor memes. That is my ~stand~.

You won't fuckin believe it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i can't wait for the part 6 anime to come out when anime as a whole is now old news and everyone is obsessing over animations of old french comics instead and we're all 70 years old and blasting tupac from our cars and joking about wanting to die as our grandkids act embarrassed around us because we don't know about 'le guerrier chauve qui tue tout le monde d'un seul coup' and instead keep talking about weird japanese cartoons

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I will surpass Araki in age

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

When part 8 is animated we will be the 89 year old men

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

notwithyourheart posted:

anybody else think he’s not 89 years old

Yeah, he's a rock human, he's probably pushing 890 at the least.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqNm3I_K3Mw

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

where the gently caress is the part 6 anime

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wait for Fire Force's second season then we will probably get it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

This guys work is amazing as always, but it just makes me want to skip Part 6 even more. SBR has so many great music references.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

do not skip part 6