Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Also I'm pretty sure this is the future Sword Devil

that guy was already zombified so probably not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Major info this chapter and power continues to own

https://mangadex.org/chapter/775112/1

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Jose posted:

Major info this chapter and power continues to own

https://mangadex.org/chapter/775112/1

Chapter deleted :(

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Darth TNT posted:

Chapter deleted :(

You can read it from here as well, can't vouch for the quality of the translation though.

https://manganelo.com/chapter/ix917953/chapter_53

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

You can read it from here as well, can't vouch for the quality of the translation though.

Thanks.

I'm not sure how well those three guys logic holds up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Angry Lobster posted:

This presents a big problem then. Killing the gun devil will send it to Hell, and since it’s so strong it’ll probably kill a bunch of devils there and send them back to Earth. Unless they don’t retain their former strength and have to build it up from scratch.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

RatHat posted:

This presents a big problem then. Killing the gun devil will send it to Hell, and since it’s so strong it’ll probably kill a bunch of devils there and send them back to Earth. Unless they don’t retain their former strength and have to build it up from scratch.

What killed the chainsaw devil then?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RatHat posted:

Presumably, Makima has a plan for that.

Possibly Hell doesn't have the fear buffs, which would make the Gun Devil much less powerful. But even if it was still able to kill anything in Hell, and even if Makima doesn't have a plan for preventing it from just running wild, then the things the Gun sends up are going to be much less trouble than the Gun itself.

Meanwhile, Denji demonstrates the levels of emotional resilience I expected.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Denji's emotional landscape, in a single page

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
so the gun devil wants to keep devils in hell or else it would just have denji killed? maybe? if it was trying to kill pochi then maybe not?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
drat its actually pretty lovely to be a devil. Existence is getting jumped by some crazy humans on earth, reviving in hell and getting mauled by a crazy chainsaw dog, and then the whole thing repeats itself

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
"don't die we'll need everyone's strength to kill the gun devil"

hate to break it to you makima

but you haven't been doing a very good job of that

Namnesor posted:

Denji's emotional landscape, in a single page

He doesn't know she's dead yet, does he?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

no reason to think he would. why would makima tell anyone about it?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

no reason to think he would. why would makima tell anyone about it?

Well, Angel knows. He seems a more likely source of leaks, considering how much he's been violating orders in Aki's favor.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
denji doesn't really find out things on his own.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Denji is in fact not a chair

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Never stand between a Chansaw Man and his Vacation

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The Chinese devils suddenly swooping in as contenders for best. Blood, Donuts, Halloween and ... what more could one want?

I wonder what they're all devils of? Halloween is probably Halloween, given how much she enjoys saying it... Blood could be another blood devil like Power, she's got the same horns. Donuts' hair could be an eel, or maybe a question-mark. Devil of the unknown? Silence looks like a frankenstein, so could be a devil of monsters, or maybe of corpses or zombies. Death Itself is probably a much bigger deal fear.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Elfface posted:

The Chinese devils suddenly swooping in as contenders for best. Blood, Donuts, Halloween and ... what more could one want?

I wonder what they're all devils of? Halloween is probably Halloween, given how much she enjoys saying it... Blood could be another blood devil like Power, she's got the same horns. Donuts' hair could be an eel, or maybe a question-mark. Devil of the unknown? Silence looks like a frankenstein, so could be a devil of monsters, or maybe of corpses or zombies. Death Itself is probably a much bigger deal fear.

Donuts could be Trypophobia?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Elfface posted:

They're great, can't wait to see how horribly they die. :v:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Elfface posted:

Donuts' hair could be an eel, or maybe a question-mark. Devil of the unknown?

Since it does seem to be all black, maybe it’s the dark?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is that guy an actual Santa Klaus devil or just someone codenamed Santa Klaus?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

He’s a human who has contracts with devils.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Death devil has to be in a whole other league of strength, that should really wait for the endgame of the manga.

Sad to lose Reze, but looking forward to wild assassins all gunning for Denji!

I'm now fully expecting whatever's behind Makima's powers to be absolutely insane when it's revealed, like crazier than anything suggested in the thread so far.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 19, 2020

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Quanxi is cool, going to be sad when she and the girls get slaughtered by someone.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

NowonSA posted:

Death devil has to be in a whole other league of strength, that should really wait for the endgame of the manga.

Sad to lose Reze, but looking forward to wild assassins all gunning for Denji!

I like how the varied the levels of sympathy you feel for these poor dumb bastards going against Makima on her home turf are.

You got the hunter, who's got some sociopathic detachment, but his goal is to just give his mentor a happy ending to her life. He wants something good and reasonable, even if how he's going about it is going to go bad.

You've got the Chinese hunter, who wants to get her girls the same human rights that Power seems to enjoy. The intro panel is something that usually comes with a character being a massive sleazy piece of poo poo, but right now it seems like she really does care for the fiends.

The Americans are just in it for the money.

And evil Santa is already awful. He'll probably get worse.

You got everything from possible tearjerkers to just rooting for Makima to get creative.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
makima probably knows some of these peoples names through intel (unless that devil has some unique limitations), or else they're codenames only. in that case she can't just squish them

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
"Oh, this new lady is cute. I wonder how long until she'll di-"

"Ah."

Power being Power is still fun though!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah that was kind of disappointing. The series has pulled this so many times the only surprising part was it happening literally one page after their introduction.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 26, 2020

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hmm, yes. power should be president.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'd vote for her.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think the only time it failed is with Makima but every time I expect the victim to get up in the background and be like “drat that hurt”

I really liked the pull back revealing Denji and a power weren’t alone

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

:911:

RIP scar duo. You lived for way longer than expected given when you were introduced. Guy who gets hyped by a background nobody immediately dying has lost its punch at this point.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Yeah it's sorta the same mood that killed my interest in Fire Punch, it's just hard to give a poo poo about anyone.

Well, Power's pretty great.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Quanxi is going to try to get Power in her harem, isn't she.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

LostRook posted:

Quanxi is going to try to get Power in her harem, isn't she.

I think she’ll end up teaming up with Denji when she sees how he treats Power as a friend.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RatHat posted:

I think she’ll end up teaming up with Denji when she sees how he treats Power as a friend.

Just in time for her to get killed by the Krampus!

Cause that's how this manga works, right.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I've learned not to get too attached to anyone except Denji, Power, and Makima.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sindai posted:

Denji and Power are just too stupid to stay dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sindai posted:

Kobeni will never die.