Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

System Metternich posted:

tbh I just spent the last two weeks at a workshop in München together with people from all over Germany and it was really fun seeing the non-Bavarians being continually amazed at things and concepts like Leberkässemmeln, Weißbier, people saying Grüß Gott and cities not being postapocalyptic hellscapes

I agree. It really is amazing how Bavarian Nazis were responsible for 90 percent of all bad things happening in Germany for the last 100-200 years and yet somehow they are still living large while I see more homeless people every day during my commute in one of the richest non-Bavarian state capitals.

Quite curious and amazing indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Randler posted:

I agree. It really is amazing how Bavarian Nazis were responsible for 90 percent of all bad things happening in Germany for the last 100-200 years and yet somehow they are still living large while I see more homeless people every day during my commute in one of the richest non-Bavarian state capitals.

Quite curious and amazing indeed.

That’s a weird way to spell "Prussians", but ok :angel:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Germany, a land of contrasts nazis apparently

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
things I am grateful for:

- never ever having to hear someone say "gruß gott"

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

oliwan posted:

things I am grateful for:

- never ever having to hear someone say "gruß gott"

On the other hand that is a reliable indicator on whom you can overcharge compared to normal customers.

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
By the way you guys are whining this thread could be Vienna.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Randler posted:

Your take is so wrong and bad I expect it to run for the SPD Vorsitz eventually.

why?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Nichts an der schweinländischen Mundart im Allgemeinen und an Karnevalskabarrettisten im Speziellen ist "lovely". :colbert:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Randler posted:

Nichts an der schweinländischen Mundart im Allgemeinen und an Karnevalskabarrettisten im Speziellen ist "lovely". :colbert:

Fair enough, to be honest, my limit these days for a german tv person is "not as destructively evil as Nuhr".

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/niggi/status/1221410740898320386?s=21

*looks at the desolate ruins of post-Brexit Britain* Der Neid... er zerfrisst mich... :negative:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

oliwan posted:

goddamn, looks like we've been brutally puppetmaster'd by the FDP voter who posted an insane page long word salad about how berlin is not bougie enough, and whose uncle works at berghain.

Just you and one other poster ;)

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

System Metternich posted:

https://twitter.com/niggi/status/1221410740898320386?s=21

*looks at the desolate ruins of post-Brexit Britain* Der Neid... er zerfrisst mich... :negative:

It's really not surprising that the promise of complete misery and desolation would appeal to the reactionary mind.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

oliwan just ate a sixer for "Defending J.K. Rowling and expressing familiarity with Harry Potter. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours." lmao

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Smirr posted:

oliwan just ate a sixer for "Defending J.K. Rowling and expressing familiarity with Harry Potter. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours." lmao

I'd given him ten to twenty, in Sing-Sing

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Libluini posted:

I'd given him ten to twenty, in Azkaban

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Smirr posted:

oh no oliwan is a lib?????

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

:freep:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Goa Tse-tung posted:

oh no oliwan is a lib?????

don't worry friends, it was a jokey cspam proby and my post literally said "I hate jk rowling" because for the record: I hate jk Rowling and I have never read a single Harry Potter book even though I'm an English teacher lol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

oliwan posted:

don't worry friends, it was a jokey cspam proby and my post literally said "I hate jk rowling" because for the record: I hate jk Rowling and I have never read a single Harry Potter book even though I'm an English teacher lol

Do you get lots of school kids who want to give talks about Harry Potter? If that is still a thing?

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
why the gently caress is Sarrazin working so hard to be in a party he doesn't identify with and who really loving hates him

doesn't he have anything else to do? Falschparker aufschreiben, Halo zocken?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

oliwan posted:

she's a terf and it's ok to hate her now.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Lunar Suite posted:

why the gently caress is Sarrazin working so hard to be in a party he doesn't identify with and who really loving hates him

doesn't he have anything else to do? Falschparker aufschreiben, Halo zocken?

He's a true believer in the SPD cause and wants to return them to their fash-enabling roots.

(Alternatively: he's old and doesn't like change.)

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

JK Rowling is a radical feminist?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Keine Ahnung. Bist du ein Korinthenkacker?

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Natürlich, gibt es noch andere Gründe für diesen Thread?

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

oliwan posted:

That's good, you're good.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

cebrail posted:

Natürlich, gibt es noch andere Gründe für diesen Thread?

Yeah, making GBS threads on oliwan :v: Und das schaffen wir mit Korinthen sicher nicht effizient genug. :v:

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
Wir Sind Coronavirushaber

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Greatest Living Man posted:

Wir Sind Coronavirushaber

Mazel Tov

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Naja, solange es nur in Bayern ist ... :v:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Ritznit posted:

Naja, solange es nur in Bayern ist ... :v:

:emptyquote:

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

It's finally time to nuke Bavaria from the face of the Earth. We have so sacrifice a few Dorftrottel and new Autobahnen such that our Leitkultur can live on in the North. This virus can not be stopped, and that Bavarian engineer banging some exotic Chinese lady from Wuhan and seeding his whole company with his viral load is sadly not anyone's fault but the Bavarian's.
It's a national imperative to end this now, something I am sure Bavarians will understand and agree with.

Do we still have nukes somewhere?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I, for one, will volunteer to build the Antibayerischer Schutzwall along the Elbe.

Also, make Schleswig-Holstein wieder Dänisch.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Antigravitas posted:

I, for one, will volunteer to build the Antibayerischer Schutzwall along the Elbe.

I think we've been over this, but giving the Danes access to the Verkehrssünderkartei seems like a bad idea.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Dommolus Magnus posted:

I think we've been over this, but giving the Danes access to the Verkehrssünderkartei seems like a bad idea.

I'm genuinely wondering if this is a "Autofahrer sind die neuen Juden" joke or not. :v:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Haramstufe Rot posted:

It's finally time to nuke Bavaria from the face of the Earth. We have so sacrifice a few Dorftrottel and new Autobahnen such that our Leitkultur can live on in the North. This virus can not be stopped, and that Bavarian engineer banging some exotic Chinese lady from Wuhan and seeding his whole company with his viral load is sadly not anyone's fault but the Bavarian's.
It's a national imperative to end this now, something I am sure Bavarians will understand and agree with.

Do we still have nukes somewhere?

But if you nuke Bavaria, who is going to pay for Berlin's infrastructure?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/iCaramba/status/1222093310556360704

:lol:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GABA ghoul posted:

But if you nuke Bavaria, who is going to pay for Berlin's infrastructure?

Bavaria's claim that it finances the rest of the Republic is not actually true. The ongoing success of that lie just shows how effective the nazis are at spreading misinformation about the Finanzverfassung.

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!

Antigravitas posted:

The best way to divide Germany would be along the watersheds between Rhine/Donau on the one side and Elbe/Weser on the other.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasserscheiden_in_Deutschland#/media/Datei:Deutschland_Flussgebietseinheiten.png

Seriously, look at this map and honestly tell me you would want to live anywhere on the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

goethe42 posted:

The best way to divide Germany would be along the watersheds between Rhine/Donau on the one side and Elbe/Weser on the other.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasserscheiden_in_Deutschland#/media/Datei:Deutschland_Flussgebietseinheiten.png

Seriously, look at this map and honestly tell me you would want to live anywhere on the other side.

You're talking about the side with cologne in it right? The side nobody wants to live on.