Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This looks so loving insanely fun god drat DAY ONE, baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
I love this stupid series so much. :allears:

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
The Fast and the Furious Franchise is a lot like Taco Bell, why would you ever go more than once?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Why the hell is this series about criminals so popular

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Always remember that the first movie was about an undercover cop infiltrating a street gang to stop illegal DVD player importing.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The F&F films are better superhero movies than the MCU films.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mordiceius posted:

:emptyquote:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I just overdosed on family.

Gonz posted:

Always remember that the first movie was about an undercover cop infiltrating a street gang to stop illegal DVD player importing.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That’s a VHS player. There’s a couple of cameras stacked on the right but considering the era, they’re probably hi-8 or D-8 cameras.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

I prefer to think of them as DnD campaigns where each successive campaign is crazier than the last.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Mierenneuker posted:

I just overdosed on family.

those guys are lucky they didnt run into ziggy sobotka

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Im still in. so so in. I dont even care this stupid briliant series cant keep a naming format to save its life .
I guess its just F9 now ? so the next one gotta be... FX ?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

admataY posted:

Im still in. so so in. I dont even care this stupid briliant series cant keep a naming format to save its life .
And then Furious X-2

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

admataY posted:

Fur10us

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Nailed it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Gonz posted:

There's a metaphor in this somewhere.

AceOfFlames posted:

Why the hell is this series about criminals so popular

Americans like two things above all: crimes, and the internal combustion engine

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I was really curious how Brewster's Mia was going to be written back in while excluding Walker's Brian and this is a good explanation, that she's handling family biz with Dom while Brian ostensibly protects their son at home from any reprisal. Very sated on this.

*makes it to the end of the trailer*

Okay... the explanation required for how this dude is getting written back in...

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

So Han is a cyborg like Idris Elba right? If not, I'm gonna be super disappointed. Otherwise, lmao. That trailer owned.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

The trailers for FF8 and Hobbs&Shaw were so long and showed so much of the movie that I completely lost interest in seeing the actual movies. And the new one is 4 minutes, Jesus!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ok so now Han I alive can we stop making GBS threads on my boy Shaw

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Gonz posted:

Alehkhs posted:

I love this stupid series so much. :allears:

Regarding D&D, hasn’t the director said that’s exactly what these movies are? And extended D&D campaign? I mean given that Vin is the executive producer of the series that’s not a hard row to hoe.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is actually Han’s twin brother who Han never mentioned but they kept in constant contact so he knows everyone as if he was always there.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Fast Ten Your Seatbelts

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Like the Hobbs and Shaw trailer, they spoiled way too many cool moments, especially the ones that are supposed to be badass whoa moments, like the bridge jump one was probably supposed to be.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Most anticipated of 2020.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Somehow the Toretto family popped out white rear end John Cena between Vin Diesel and Jordana Brewster?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ixnay posted:

Fast Ten Your Seatbelts

pls dont doxx the writers room

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

muscles like this! posted:

Somehow the Toretto family popped out white rear end John Cena between Vin Diesel and Jordana Brewster?

He's a clone of Dom.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Today i learned that better luck tomorrow and the fast and furious series have a shared universe???? What???

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

dom's his own grandpa~

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Today i learned that better luck tomorrow and the fast and furious series have a shared universe???? What???

Yeah. Han is the link.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

quote:

Connections to other films[edit]
Director Justin Lin later directed multiple films in the Fast & Furious franchise, with Sung Kang reprising his role as Han. The director and actor have both stated in interviews that they consider this to be the same character as the one in Better Luck Tomorrow, with that film serving as the character's origin story.[8]

Roger Fan's Better Luck Tomorrow character is called Daric Loo. In Lin's Annapolis, he plays a character named Loo. In Lin's Finishing the Game, Fan plays a Bruce Lee clone named "Breeze Loo". Fan also makes a brief appearance in Lin's Fast & Furious.

The Han-Loo Cinematic Universe

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
I need to get my Back to the Furious spec script on paper before that low-hanging fruit gets snatched up.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Han is not the only one returning.

It's Mr American Gothic himself, last seen briefly in F7.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just thought of someone else funny, Lettie makes a big deal about the the necklace and about how Dom gave it to her. Conveniently leaving out the part where he also gave it to another woman.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Just thought of someone else funny, Lettie makes a big deal about the the necklace and about how Dom gave it to her. Conveniently leaving out the part where he also gave it to another woman.

They were on a break (because he thought she died).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If she's ok raising the woman's son she's probably cool getting the necklace back.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

The MSJ posted:

Han is not the only one returning.

It's Mr American Gothic himself, last seen briefly in F7.

It's really funny that in-universe this dude is supposed to be like 20 or so.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

admataY posted:

so the next one gotta be... FX ?

Introduce Brian Dennehy and Bryan Brown into the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

ixnay posted:

Fast Ten Your Seatbelts

Son of a bitch.

I’m not kidding, call the movie studio next week and pitch this. It’s 100% perfection.