Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

• Fat
  • Idiot
  • Rapist
  • Russia Lover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

• Fat
  • Idiot
  • Rapist
  • Russia Lover

You forgot
  • Wanna be cop who lies about credentials.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Casimir Radon posted:

• Fat
  • Idiot
  • Rapist
  • Russia Lover

he's still yo president

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

canyoneer posted:

he's still yo president

:iceburn:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

canyoneer posted:

he's still yo president

:emptyquote:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

canyoneer posted:

he's still yo president

Comeback I've used before "So was Obama" and the person in question started getting mad and going "Nah he ain't, he never was!"

Just rolled my eyes and laughed.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Every time Seagal comes up I always think of this Tom Segura bit:

https://youtu.be/VA4UZMHTjRA

Seagal is a ridiculous man.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

canyoneer posted:

he's still yo president

Gawd drat

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

living that hashtag bossbabe life

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Every time Seagal comes up I always think of this Tom Segura bit:

https://youtu.be/VA4UZMHTjRA

Seagal is a ridiculous man.

This is the best one

https://youtu.be/w_l-4rAUAzQ

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

canyoneer posted:

:cripes:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

canyoneer posted:

Yes, I too would be ashamed to show my face

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So I asked my father to email me a more specific retelling of this story, and he refused, so this is gonna be slightly paraphrased, but in light of the Kobe crash, he talked about one of his pilots doing something stupid during his command tour.

His squadron was making a run out to the USNS John Lenthall in the early 90s and one of the pilots (I won't be giving out names here even though all of them have long since retired) decided to express his frustration at the ship not being at flight quarters by buzzing the ship at 150 knots *in a CH-53E*, and doing a zoom climb to ~1000ft before coming back up to land on the pad at the back of the ship.

In doing so, he put such a stress on the rotor system that he snapped one of the shock absorbers. The helo landed safely despite "a funny noise," and the 'frustrated' pilot tells the other pilot he knows the chief engineer on the ship and he'll go below decks and ask him what those noises might mean. While he's down below decks, all loving hell breaks loose - along with the remaining shock absorbers as the helo starts to *bounce* on the deck and the springs start rocketing out of the rotor assembly and landing ~500 yards behind the ship in impressive parabolic arcs. All the sailors get wise *real* loving quick and run like hell as the rotors come loose and *thankfully* the other pilot - clued in that a bouncing helicopter making BRRRRRRTTTTWHOOOOSSSH (again, paraphrasing here) noises (the 'whoosh' noise being the sound a shock absorber makes when it's unexpectedly granted its freedom) is probably hosed up in some way, shape, or form and kills the engines. The helo had to be craned off.

He recounted this story because he thinks that might've been what happened to Kobe's helicopter - the pilot got spooked, zoom climbed too fast to allow radar to pick him up and tell him where the gently caress he was, broke a shock absorber in doing so, imbalanced his rotor system (people report having heard 'a strange noise'), and in the disorienting environment of pea soup cloud cover, the weightlessness of the apex of the zoom climb (and people probably shouting/screaming behind him as they levitated out of their seats), he lost control and the helo lawn-darted into the ground.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 30, 2020

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I'm finally watching The Men Who Stare at Goats, which is on netflix. If you don't know anything about it, it is pretty much Caro: the movie. Definitely worth watching. It has a very Coen brothers feel.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Correction

https://youtu.be/bSc1rDDxoXU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Chichevache posted:

I'm finally watching The Men Who Stare at Goats, which is on netflix. If you don't know anything about it, it is pretty much Caro: the movie. Definitely worth watching. It has a very Coen brothers feel.

Only ever saw the don't eat the eggs scene on Youtube but yeah it seems like a charming movie.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma

CommieGIR posted:

Steve Seagal: Meal Team 6 member.

Zero Dark BMI over 30

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/evkott/ex_marine_lady_gets_mad_because_some_other_guy_is/

STOLEN VALOR. WE GOT STOLEN VALOR IN THIS HERE DELI

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

canyoneer posted:

he's still yo president
:kiss::kiss::kiss:

brains
May 12, 2004

seal team thicc

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Not a marines so someone set me straight, but is Chief 4 to Deli Tech a promotion? TIA.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I'm not a marine either, but any form of "getting the gently caress out of the marines" sounds like a promotion to me.

Yes, even that way.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

brains posted:

seal team thicc

captain i wanna commit warcrimes, but im dummy thicc and the clapping of my rear end cheeks keeps messing up my rifle scope.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

ElMaligno posted:

captain i wanna commit warcrimes, but im dummy thicc and the clapping of my rear end cheeks keeps messing up my rifle scope.

gonna smother this green beret with my cheeks

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Commoners posted:

gonna smother this green beret with my cheeks

Goddamn.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Goddamn he's so out of breath just twirling a prop rifle.

CHUB/S

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Memento posted:

Better or worse than getting married inside a fast food establishment
Reading this, I just remembered my students (AIT) informed me a week or few ago about one of their (and I hesitate to say this) buddies. The fellow, still restricted to post, still managed to find a fiancee (with two kids) that had shake off a fiancee of her own.

With a prior enlisted Sergeant officiating, they were married at the gazebo serving as the only smoke pit to which they had access.

I lied to my class, telling them it was most Enlisted thing I ever heard of.

Somehow, somewhere, there is no doubt that somebody reenlisted at their smoke pit too, though now that I think about it, it's definitely more dignified doing it in front of the PX or Food Court

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
So this happened right before I PCS'ed in to my AWACS squadron at Elmendorf and was one of the favorite flight deck stories to laugh about for years after, which is how I know it.

We had this young captain who was pretty well-liked but kind of an idiot. Not in an unsafe way, just didn't know what he should and shouldn't share with the flight deck crews. He basically was an open book weirdo from Oregon and found his way into a pilot slot.

At the time he was a 1LT and a co-pilot. So as the story goes, him and several other guys were out on a TDY getting dinner somewhere when he (how it came up or what prompted him, I don't know) talked a bit about how his sister did some modeling. As they dig into him for more details, he's a little hesitant but decides to plow ahead. Soon they get from him that she modeled on the internet, she was nude, and for a very popular site at the time. That site which if he had never named would've killed any further incidents. Unfortunately he saw no harm in divulging this to several guys with nothing but time on their hands who will never pass up an opportunity to dunk on a fellow aviator. Finally he reveals that she did work for Suicide Girls. They have a good time ripping on him for the remainder of the night.

One of the people at that dinner was a major who no one would suspect as a joker. He's a respected pilot and a great officer. Enlisted crewman loved him and so did his peers. Super smart, kept a clean reputation, and was thoroughly a family man enjoying flying out in Alaska. While I wouldn't describe him as quiet, I will say he was one of those "talk isn't cheap" dudes. I genuinely liked flying with him as my aircraft commander.

So as this conversation transpires, the major files this information away in his head unbeknownst to anyone else. Now flying squadrons are really tight knit. Between pilots, navs, and flight engineers there's maybe 30 of us in the office. We all know each other pretty drat well. We also fly pretty often with more or less the same crew rosters. This major though didn't fly a whole ton, as he worked a wing job at the time, so his presence on the flight schedule was essentially enough to keep him current and qualified.

Fast forward several months. The major and the 1LT have flown together a handful of times since the TDY. No mention of the suicide girls thing came up between them. Now on one sortie, they're together. Despite this, the major continues his sordid work.

Mission starts out as any other -- preflight, engine start up, taxi/takeoff. Once they get to established on the orbit, the major chimes up on internal comm. Tells the flight deck he's got a little morale booster.

The major pulls out a printed photo from his flight bag with a bit of tape. He sticks that photo over the engine gauges located on the front panel very pleased with himself. Lo and behold its a nude photo of a girl with dyed bright purple hair showing everything. It's very well received by all until a few moments later when the co pilot falls silent and lunges for the picture after making the connection that it's his little sister. The major bats his hand away; the Lt verbally protests quite fiercely. The nav and eng are howling with laughter.

After making several more attempts at pulling down the photo, the mic clicks and the major pipes up, "My photo and my jet. Co, you take the radios and enjoy the flight."

So for about several hours, the young lt learned a valuable lesson about sharing information with others as he had to take in the view of a sibling's pussy.

bloops fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 1, 2020

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

So is this an idiot two-for-one orrrrr

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So I asked my father to email me a more specific retelling of this story, and he refused, so this is gonna be slightly paraphrased, but in light of the Kobe crash, he talked about one of his pilots doing something stupid during his command tour.

His squadron was making a run out to the USNS John Lenthall in the early 90s and one of the pilots (I won't be giving out names here even though all of them have long since retired) decided to express his frustration at the ship not being at flight quarters by buzzing the ship at 150 knots *in a CH-53E*, and doing a zoom climb to ~1000ft before coming back up to land on the pad at the back of the ship.

In doing so, he put such a stress on the rotor system that he snapped one of the shock absorbers. The helo landed safely despite "a funny noise," and the 'frustrated' pilot tells the other pilot he knows the chief engineer on the ship and he'll go below decks and ask him what those noises might mean. While he's down below decks, all loving hell breaks loose - along with the remaining shock absorbers as the helo starts to *bounce* on the deck and the springs start rocketing out of the rotor assembly and landing ~500 yards behind the ship in impressive parabolic arcs. All the sailors get wise *real* loving quick and run like hell as the rotors come loose and *thankfully* the other pilot - clued in that a bouncing helicopter making BRRRRRRTTTTWHOOOOSSSH (again, paraphrasing here) noises (the 'whoosh' noise being the sound a shock absorber makes when it's unexpectedly granted its freedom) is probably hosed up in some way, shape, or form and kills the engines. The helo had to be craned off.

He recounted this story because he thinks that might've been what happened to Kobe's helicopter - the pilot got spooked, zoom climbed too fast to allow radar to pick him up and tell him where the gently caress he was, broke a shock absorber in doing so, imbalanced his rotor system (people report having heard 'a strange noise'), and in the disorienting environment of pea soup cloud cover, the weightlessness of the apex of the zoom climb (and people probably shouting/screaming behind him as they levitated out of their seats), he lost control and the helo lawn-darted into the ground.

That's not how helicopters work. Also people always report hearing strange noises, people are morons. Dude got disoriented in the clouds, ended up in a dive and smacked into a hillside.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Chichevache posted:

I choose to interpret it as a canonical Big Lebowski prequel

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/olgaNYC1211/status/1223604547945422849?s=19

Speaking of everyone's favorite bloated action "star"

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Isnt he Serbian? I thought the russians didnt treat the Serbs well? Or is it different because he's helping to destroy America with his copping?

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Useful idiot.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I think this is the right place for this masterpiece.

Oops. Will repost in a second

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Stravag posted:

Isnt he Serbian? I thought the russians didnt treat the Serbs well? Or is it different because he's helping to destroy America with his copping?
He's half Jewish, half Irish. Though at times he's claimed to be Italian or Japanese. Then he had a phase where he was claiming to be partially black and was speaking in his idea of Ebonics.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Ah ok i thought he was part Serbian cuz he holds Serbian citizenship

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Stravag posted:

Ah ok i thought he was part Serbian cuz he holds Serbian citizenship
He just really respects their commitment to the institution of rape.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Didn’t he claim to have Native American heritage at one point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA4UZMHTjRA