Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

This video would be funny if it wasn't so depressingly true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3vYbF3_TAk

okay, it's been a few years since i've seen it, but one of the characters is actually named RUBY? :lol:

also, the Qrow parts were great ("WHY IS MY NAME SPELLED WITH A Q?")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Stairmaster posted:

Rwby has lesbians tho

Implied lesbians or actual lesbians.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

MJeff posted:

Then you have companies like Nintendo, who see a passionate remake of Metroid 2 and stomp that poo poo into the ground and Toei, probably as of right now, the undisputed kings of strangling a fan passion project that only increases positive attention for their property.

Toei even seems to be lovely about the streaming of DBFZ in tournaments. You know, the officially licensed product, the promotion of which in tournaments and the like is probably only good for Bandai-Namco, Arc Sys, Toei, and the DB brand in general. So I think it's fair to say the way they handle things extends from beyond just "being ruthless" to "being stupid"

I think RWBY is a bit like Kingdom Hearts (and the Joker movie, funnily enough) where if you're not familiar with where a lot of these ideas come from inspiration-wise, it's probably way more impressive to you.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Mr Interweb posted:

okay, it's been a few years since i've seen it, but one of the characters is actually named RUBY? :lol:

also, the Qrow parts were great ("WHY IS MY NAME SPELLED WITH A Q?")

Wait, is Qrow a reference to the Drinky Crow Show?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Speaking of TFS and RWBY, I don't care about TFS and RWBY.

Here's Ozaru Vegeta, bitches:

toyark.com posted:

In Japan, the figure will be a Bandai Premium Web Exclusive, but should be available from regular retailers when released by Bluefin. The figure is huge, standing at 12.7″ tall, towering over the other figures in the Dragon Ball line up. The figure will use diecast pieces in the chest to support the arm weight, and click features in the ankles to keep the figure stabilized. The jaw is movable, and it will include a swap out face part with a battle damaged eye. Other accessories include swap out hands, two hands crushing Goku, a scaled Yajirobe, swap out regular and cut tails, and a dedicated figure stand.

In Japan, pre-orders are scheduled to go live on February 7th. The figure is priced at 18,700 Yen (about $170 USD). Great Ape Vegeta is scheduled for release in August.

I'm skipping this guy, but give me an Ozaru Goku/Gohan and I'll bite.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 7, 2020

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
What do I pay for just the Yajirobe

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

TwoPair posted:

What do I pay for just the Yajirobe

Two boxes of jelly donuts.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Nanigans posted:

Speaking of TFS and RWBY, I don't care about TFS and RWBY.

Here's Ozaru Vegeta, bitches:

I'm skipping this guy, but give me an Ozaru Goku/Gohan and I'll bite.

Ozaru Gohan with Vegeta stuck to his rear end

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
For another point in why they stopped DBZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9w7W8MFRcw

Just, this. This is the kind of poo poo they have to deal with, and it's not something they can just ignore.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Burkion posted:

For another point in why they stopped DBZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9w7W8MFRcw

Just, this. This is the kind of poo poo they have to deal with, and it's not something they can just ignore.

Ugh it stings so much how much Sean sucks.

I don't know if I can ever be cleansed of this opinion

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
Every time I'm on the cusp of thinking he might be cool I see some poo poo like this smdh

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

isn't sean also a really big shithead to peter kalamis because I guess he wants to have the goku spotlight all to himself?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That is such a weak bootlicking-rear end answer. gently caress's sake, Sean.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MJeff posted:

That is such a weak bootlicking-rear end answer. gently caress's sake, Sean.
Yep. He is obligated to give a bootlicker answer though unfortunately.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
He could have opted to not talk about it, or do some "that's not up to me to decide" statement, or taken some other non-committal stance.

But no. He actively chose to say that -- in his opinion -- it was wrong for TFS to do what they do.

He can go gently caress himself.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Sean tends to come off as very non-net savvy and insulated, if you ask me. Sabat is really good at interacting with fans, staying in the loop with things, and being a good PR dude. Sean is just kind of there. I'm not sure he really knows how to handle situations like this, or even what these things entail, and just defaults to "copyright infringement bad".

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Savvy or not, it makes him look like a bad sport when he suggests that it's mocking something he loves -- about a show made by fans for fans.

Find me a fandom that doesn't have a million inside jokes that take the piss out of the thing they enjoy.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Savvy or not, it makes him look like a bad sport when he suggests that it's mocking something he loves -- about a show made by fans for fans.

Find me a fandom that doesn't have a million inside jokes that take the piss out of the thing they enjoy.

Oh, no, I didn't mean to say he's not a bad sport. I just mean that I get the sense that in Sean's mind, he's not tuned into this sort of thing. He's a weird dude, and it makes sense that his views are kind of archaic too. He doesn't seem to be a bad person, but he doesn't seem to be well connected to the way fandoms work either. I don't know if I'm stating this right. I mean that he's wrong, but he's also weird and disconnected so I don't know if he could manage to be right.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah Sean's history screams to me "I really don't give a poo poo, I don't know anything about this story, but leave my money train alone please."

He'd be better served by not commenting on it, as someone said above. I just don't think he's built that way though.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Kurui Reiten posted:

Oh, no, I didn't mean to say he's not a bad sport. I just mean that I get the sense that in Sean's mind, he's not tuned into this sort of thing. He's a weird dude, and it makes sense that his views are kind of archaic too. He doesn't seem to be a bad person, but he doesn't seem to be well connected to the way fandoms work either. I don't know if I'm stating this right. I mean that he's wrong, but he's also weird and disconnected so I don't know if he could manage to be right.

No, I get you. I wasn't disagreeing with you or anything.

I mean, not knowing/caring to know any better is essentially the reason anyone ever says anything incredibly dumb.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Doesn't surprise me why TFS called it. They were phoning it in for a while, you could see the passion was gone

Nothing wrong with Sean's answer either

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Yeah, I thought Sean's response was alright, too. He tried to be as nice as he could, and he's not wrong. DBZA is pretty much a slightly better produced Calvin Pissing on a Ford Logo bumper sticker

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Anyone sticking their neck out for corporate copyright laws is a cop

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Asking a guy doing a job what he thinks of another guy technically competing with him is a bit poor taste too.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Add it to the pile that con Q/As are the worst

Kosume Shezaki
Feb 23, 2006

SirKibbles posted:

There's a part in here

It's literally loving with their ability to get other work,yeah I'd stop too. If it's enough to bring up as a bullet point it has to be happening a lot

This is why I was really skeptical of them doing it using the shortz animation. I'm not familiar with IP law, but still using the ip to make original content expressly to be able to monetize it by avoiding the auto claim seemed like a hail mary attempt at best. Maybe the rights are distributed differently, but I tried to imagine disney leaving someone alone making a for profit star war series without any agreement and I couldn't see how it could be done.

I wish retrospective on four star bento had been able to endure, but I know scott said the research time for that was prohibitive. Not a lot of their side projects have felt long lived but i hoe it pays off.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
How's the English in Kakarot? In most of the recent Dragonball games I've played, it's been kind of janky.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Darth Walrus posted:

How's the English in Kakarot? In most of the recent Dragonball games I've played, it's been kind of janky.

I don't know what you mean. (pause). HEY! (pause) Goku, when is he getting here? (pause) HEY!

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I dunno, I play it with Japanese voices

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Siegkrow posted:

I dunno, I play it with Japanese voices

The text is still English, though, isn't it?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fenyo gets little spotlight but he really is one of the best artists in the franchise and I love when he does cute chibi stuff.

https://twitter.com/fenyo_n/status/1226444704755019777

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Darth Walrus posted:

The text is still English, though, isn't it?

On that front I haven't noticed anything that pops out as janky.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

FighterZ is good again.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Kefla's reveal makes Ultra Instinct Goku look like the stupid clown he is.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

FighterZ is good again.

poo poo, now I want to play FightersZ again.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
UI Goku doesn't seem to work too well in 2D, all his super dodging looks like he's just noclipping through Jiren in that trailer

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
countdown until there's a PC mod that plays "PREDICTABO" every time UI Goku counters

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol at the idea that Dragonball doesn’t deserve to be mocked.

It’s a mess of a franchise with so many bad decisions.

That said that Kefla end screen rules

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol at the idea that Dragonball doesn’t deserve to be mocked.

It’s a mess of a franchise with so many bad decisions.

That said that Kefla end screen rules

Who is saying DB doesn't deserved to be mocked? The show where the final bad guy for years was a big fat dumb guy in a diaper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Covok posted:

Who is saying DB doesn't deserved to be mocked? The show where the final bad guy for years was a big fat dumb guy in a diaper?

Excuse me, he gets thinner and less dumb