Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
today i woke up to an email sent to me by mistake, full of topless pictures of some lovely woman i don't know. sometimes life is ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’m not Magic Johnson, but I have a magic johnson, Johnson

This post is for anyone named Johnson

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I think sex in games is horrific I don’t need to have someone walk in on a sex scene in a video game. My Geralt was asexual, which made a lot of the side quests pretty amusing but I hate games that don’t give you a choice on it.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'm gonna race "ocarina of time randomizer" later with my friends. i hope i win :twisted:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Video game sex is funny because the animations never look right. Even the stuff where they borrow video game assets just for the express purpose of making gently caress looks mechanical extremis.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Doc M posted:

They did. They removed some of the most egregious poo poo people complained about, and what J-Ru is playing is the "improved" version of the DLC.

Holy poo poo I didn't realize that :stare:

Brut posted:

Okay I can sort of see how they need you to have a child as the canon ending or whatever because the whole point of the animus in those game is that you're viewing the memories of distant ancestors, and that doesn't work if the bloodline ended. But there's probably a ton of ways to do it up to and including "it's just loving magic" without forcing you to marry some rando and gently caress with your game experience that much.

And this is (another) part of what makes it so frustrating. Their stupid modern day storyline they keep insisting on including that nobody gives the slightest poo poo about has expressly stated over the last few games that they managed to make their DNA memory machine work so you explicitly do NOT need to be related to the person whose life you are reliving. PLUS the DLC insists that Kassandra's whole family is dead even though it is possible (and I succeeded in) keeping them all alive, including her brother, so the entire reasoning/narrative line not only is unnecessary but actively shits over everything else you did in the game. Also also Kassandra never at any point ever in the game whether gay or straight or asexual ever expresses any interest or concern whatsoever about "continuing the bloodline", it's a motivation that simply never existed.

Plus holy poo poo is the "love interest" the most boring, generic and frankly creepy sad sack of poo poo.

Edit: I'm posting this for my own benefit:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
My Alexios was the horniest man in all of Greece.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My SNES Classic has officially been magically endowed with 80+ more games. I actually got a little emotional playing some of these incredibly bad and dumb games because I remember renting them from my little local video rental place next to the laundry mat.

I had to be actually selective with the games because of limited console space so I went with:

-obvious dumb omissions that should have been on there in the first place (DKC2, Chrono Trigger, Zombies Ate My Neighbors)
-lovely games I used to own (DKC3, Virtual Bart)
-lovely games I used to rent (Mega Man Soccer, Mickey Mouse Goes To The Circus, Beavis and Butthead)
-games I used to see at Toys R Us and wanted but never ended up getting (Beavis and Butthead, Batman Returns)
-games I desperately wanted to play as a teenager but couldn't because my mom gave away my SNES after we got the N64 and I didn't have money to buy them on eBay (Final Fantasy 2, Castlevania Dracula X, NBA Jam)
-Mr. Do
-Games I've never heard of that the nice man on YouTube said were good (Pocky and Rocky, Shadowrun, Spike McFang)

Again, love Nintendo love Bideo Gaems

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gonna be real though, none of the games are as good as NES Pinball

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Really channeling your avatar on that one

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

yea ok posted:

i'm gonna race "ocarina of time randomizer" later with my friends. i hope i win :twisted:

Did you win

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Paper Lion posted:

Really channeling your avatar on that one

The best day of my life was when Jeff answered my Mr Do question on tumblr

https://jeff.zone/post/184874020446/what-lessons-could-the-gen-z-kids-take-with-them

NienNunb fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 9, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Do ya'll remember the stairs in your house bit, pretty cringy but nowhere near as cringy as "when does the narwhale bacon"

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I finished Doom Patrol

the ending was kind of a mess but overall a solid A tier show; good job show, you’ve done well

Also I have new fancy locks and the locksmith complimented me on buying good locks; I am all that is man

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
e: wrong thread

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

no idk how to do water temple but i had fun

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I respect the hell out of speed runners, much more than I respect the dogshit troops or cops. I wish I could speed run, i just mosey too much. Like to take my time, stop and smell the roses, ya know?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why did cloud always say "let's mosey" for a "let's go" type of thing. was that the joke? he was dumb?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I think they were trying to make a running joke but it was in that dead area between funny and so-unfunny-it’s-funny-after-repetition.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

hello friends birds of prey is great please watch it

the closest thing i can compare it to is spiderverse - the pacing, the clear cinematography, the matching of scenes to music..

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wanna start a social group for sad adults who wanna meet at the soda shop and discourse about how good Earthbound is.

Earthbound is the best game.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Artelier posted:

hello friends birds of prey is great please watch it

the closest thing i can compare it to is spiderverse - the pacing, the clear cinematography, the matching of scenes to music..

I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it - it's not what you would call a "great" film but it is an incredibly fun one. At one point my friend leaned over and whispered,"Holy poo poo this is an Adam West Batman fight" and I realized oh my God it loving is. In an R-Rated movie. Incredible.

It is so much better than Suicide Squad it's insane. Margot Robbie knows what the gently caress she is doing.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Birds of Prey reminded me strongly of Batman & Robin and that is meant as a compliment

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

loved jojo rabbit

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jojo was good, if uneven. I do have to say I've never seen Stephen Merchant actually look scary before and they pulled it off even when he was being goofy. It probably helps that he's like 9 foot tall.

I finally caught up with The Irishman. I don't know where I'd rank it as a movie in its own right, it was basically 3.5 hours of Martin Scorcese characters existing against a historical backdrop and I have to admit I'm actually perfectly okay with that. It was like sinking into a hot bath, I just found myself blissfully enjoying a neat cinematic experience even if it didn't really cover any new ground that Scorcese himself hasn't already explored in other movies. That said, both the in-film reasoning and the meta-knowledge behind the film significance of the door being left open at the end of the film was :kiss:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Speaking as someone who gave up on Star Wars movies a loooong time ago, The Mandalorian is real good y'all

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'll take your word for it :P

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gonna watch parasite later today

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

Gonna watch parasite later today

:hfive:

It better win Best Picture at the Oscars.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

not a chance, none of the voters watched that poo poo. movies are to be watched, not read. if it's anything but 1917 or hollywood i'll be freakin shocked out of my rear end

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I believe, yea ok. I believe. :pray:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

:hfive:

It better win Best Picture at the Oscars.
the oscars are about as legit as the wwe hall of fame

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

regardless of whatever wins that show that i'll pretend not to care about at all, but watch and be upset about, this was a really good year of movies

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yea it was

im still mad about the loving green book so i will forever pretend not to care about oscars

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, we really were spoiled for choice. I still haven't seen the new Little Women, and I'm kicking myself for not watching the latest Les Miserables when I had the chance.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Oscars suck rear end and should be treated as irrelevant but I understand their necessity as an industry benchmark I guess

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Little Women was real good. Saoirse Ronan is unbelievably great

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i watched little women a couple days ago, never read the crap or seen any adaptations of the crap. it was quite good. idk if the book is told with non-linear narrative but the movie did a good job of mixing past and present and making it very obvious what's happening when and all the ways it impacts those little women

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

Little Women was real good. Saoirse Ronan is unbelievably great

lol i thought florence stole all her scenes, some really good :< faces in there. if there were an oscar for Best Pout, she'd win every year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also an absolute gem of a film I saw last year that I highly recommend is La Belle Époque, which is incredibly wholesome and sweet and caught me completely by surprise.