Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
power was barely in the previous arc and the current arc has only been going for like 5 chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

power was barely in the previous arc and the current arc has only been going for like 5 chapters.

Exactly. And I noticed that since this arc started Power is basically screaming constantly.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Who's the guy with the earrings that kills the second doppleganger?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sindai posted:

Who's the guy with the earrings that kills the second doppleganger?

He's a freelance devil hunter who Makima hired for this job. We've seen him in this arc before, but this is the first time he's done something notable.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Darth TNT posted:

Exactly. And I noticed that since this arc started Power is basically screaming constantly.

thats a good thing, namaste

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Okay, now that is an abrupt death in chainsawman that took me off guard.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Power is a firm believer in Chandler's Law, but is unable to acquire guns.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

He's a freelance devil hunter who Makima hired for this job. We've seen him in this arc before, but this is the first time he's done something notable.

Ahhh ty

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so that was the surviving impostor brother who stayed over, right? there are too many similar looking dudes with facial scars in this manga.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
What a peculiar chapter

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Halloween!

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Oh poo poo! It's Santa!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
a dummy/toy devil is suitably disturbing for this guy, yes

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

so that was the surviving impostor brother who stayed over, right? there are too many similar looking dudes with facial scars in this manga.

To be honest I have no god drat clue who that person is at this point.

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

That's how I read it, staying in disguise.

Also I keep reading "Halloween!" in a Nightmare Before Christmas chorus voice.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

profileusername posted:

That's how I read it, staying in disguise.

Also I keep reading "Halloween!" in a Nightmare Before Christmas chorus voice.

Halloween is the fear of catchy tunes.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I have no idea what is happening here.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

the devil hunters after denji are all assembling

the guy with the devil harem is just settling into the region, the surviving shapeshifter is trying to take cover with the family of the guy he murdered/copied and is having second thoughts after power splattered his buddy, and the german "santa claus" devil hunter is creating an army of literal meat puppets in preparation for taking on denji

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Darth TNT posted:

Feels like it's meant to be kind of a clusterfuck anyway

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Man the surviving brother being confronted with the life of the guy they killed. That was some gut wrenching stuff right there.

And I love Quanxi just hanging out with her girlfriends. Also that poor guy. He keeps getting his car wrecked. First when Denji was fighting the bat devil. Now this.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Maybe halloween is actually a meme devil, halloween.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Gonna feel sad when Quanxi gets smoked.

Pewdiepie posted:

To be honest I have no god drat clue who that person is at this point.

That's the problem with killing off and introducing 500 characters, yeah.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm usually a big fan of CSM's pacing but the last two chapters could use a bit more breathing on the designs so we can familiarize.

Also I kind of agree that Power was a bit annoying, I like her bit, but if people just let her do stupid poo poo without saying "That was stupid poo poo" it loses its appeal. CSM is good for feeling like the whole coasting on tropes thing just gets a character killed instead.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the only people who let her do stupid poo poo are denji, who is her partner in crime/dumbness and what's-her-name, who is a complete pushover that power walks all over.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Kobeni. She works very hard to get her bonuses. Please do not bully her.

The American devil hunter being inches from a redemption arc was...actually not that funny.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Worst doppelgänger ever.

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

I don't remember if this has been mentioned so far but can there be multiple devils or fiends of the same type or are they all unique? Wondering since the one fiend with Quanxi resembled Power and wanted blood.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

profileusername posted:

I don't remember if this has been mentioned so far but can there be multiple devils or fiends of the same type or are they all unique? Wondering since the one fiend with Quanxi resembled Power and wanted blood.

that useless dick Kon referred to his only successful meal as "a leech devil" and not "the leech devil" so it seems likely

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

profileusername posted:

You can have multiple guys contracted to the same devil. I would think that it's possible to have multiple fiends as well.

Man, Power is not going to take it well when someone shows up with the same fashion sense.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
murder santa is one thing, but i don't know how anyone can stand up to halloween

halloween
halloween
halloween!

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I love how she tied her drooping brainmatter into a cute ribbon.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Mulderman posted:

I love how she tied her drooping brainmatter into a cute ribbon.

I love how everyone is so disturbed by her that they just start saying halloween as not to upset her.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Hamelekim posted:

I love how everyone is so disturbed by her that they just start saying halloween as not to upset her.

That's her power, I think.

Halloween!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lurking Haro posted:

That's her power, I think.

Halloween!

A...Arbor Day?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
It occured to me, Quanxi has an eyepatch in a fujimoto joint. She is ultra hosed.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Wow this new chapter sure has an intense opening.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That's not what I expected when Viz made me sign up. I was thinking 'how much more violent can this manga even get?'

Good chapter though, lot clearer, stone devil power owns.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wow that cover page is quite something. Chainsawman continues to push the boundaries of what Shonen Jump will allow in their magazine.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Denji and Power are still the best buddies wver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Cat devil with the power to push people down stairs.