Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

RBA Starblade posted:

Is this about that pig David Cameron hosed

It’s the Most Dangerous Game knockoff (that’s not the other one that came out last year) that President Bigbrains saw a Foxnews segment on and assumed that it was a dig at his supporters and that you were meant to identify with the hunters somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I am excited for the Hedgehog movie despite not liking the games.

It's the Ben Schwartz energy.

Edit: I want an outtake where James Marsden asks for his name and Sonic goes, "Oh you want my name? Because I have a very normal name and THAT name is... Cherry... Dude!"

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

I don't really give a gently caress about the movie but I like any promotional bits that lean hard into opinionated controversy. It reminds me of my copy of The Wasp Factory which has such lines as "should not be read by anyone", "unredeemable" etc.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Is this about that pig David Cameron hosed

I think this is the pro-right wing Purge knockoff?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Vagabundo posted:

It's been getting decent reviews, and apparently the disappointing box office was also heavily affected by certain events well beyond the film production's control.

Such as?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I believe it's a centrist "everyone's stupid" thing.
It's something like a group of rich liberals get so fed up with people believing Pizzagate style conspiracy theories that they go "Fine! Yup! You want to believe that's who we are? You got it!" and kidnap, then hunt conservative social media nuts. It turns out the main protagonist lady's there because of a name mix up, so your POV character is some normie who's not engaged in extreme political leanings, trying to survive the dangerous kooks on b-b-b-BOTH SIDES.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 11, 2020

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

this is gorgeous and should be on every page.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Shitloads of cinemas being shut down due to the coronavirus outbreak in key territories apparently crippled its expected box office on opening weekend.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Vagabundo posted:

Shitloads of cinemas being shut down due to the coronavirus outbreak in key territories apparently crippled its expected box office on opening weekend.

Oh poo poo. I expected you to say that chuds were boycotting it or something, I’m glad it’s not that but coronavirus isn’t any better ☹️

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Teenage Fansub posted:

They swapped 'em out!

Marketing at the speed of Sonic!

Why is Sonic holding that ring at dick level?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cock ring

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Madkal posted:

It reminds me of my copy of The Wasp Factory which has such lines as "should not be read by anyone", "unredeemable" etc.

Well, I would agree that 'should not be read by anyone' is hyperbole, but I really wish I hadn't read it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Why is Sonic holding that ring at dick level?

He doesn't have pockets so the rings have to go somewhere...

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

No idea what the deal is with this but it's A24 so

I figure it's either about Medieval Times, the time period or Medieval Times, the restaurant

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 12, 2020

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

flashy_mcflash posted:

No idea what the deal is with this but it's A24 so

I figure it's either about Medieval Times, the time period or Medieval Times, the restaurant

That goddamn font in timg is hilarious. When nougat made Kings indeed.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Should be a Knightriders remake imo

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

BonoMan posted:

That goddamn font in timg is hilarious. When nougat made Kings indeed.

Haha when I saw it I was like who's rouragt

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012
According to IMDB it's "A fantasy re-telling of the medieval story of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. " Not sure what they might mean by a "fantasy re-telling" of a story that in the original version features a character that scoops his head up and rides off after being beheaded though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, considering that just about every movie adapting Arthurian myth in the last 20 years has been some gritty "realistic" "this is the true story" deal, it's probably worthy to note that this is just a normal fantasy knight movie.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Every time David Lowrey makes a movie I'm disappointed it's not the dude from Camper Van Beethoven and Cracker.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

EmptyVessel posted:

According to IMDB it's "A fantasy re-telling of the medieval story of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. " Not sure what they might mean by a "fantasy re-telling" of a story that in the original version features a character that scoops his head up and rides off after being beheaded though.

If it means loving sick wire-fu sword fights , then I'm in.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, considering that just about every movie adapting Arthurian myth in the last 20 years has been some gritty "realistic" "this is the true story" deal, it's probably worthy to note that this is just a normal fantasy knight movie.

Excellent point. A film that fully embraces the mythic fantasy of the poem and it's setting could be good - Weta seem to be all over the visual effects crew so hopefully?

Don Gato posted:

Not much scope for that in the original story I'm afraid.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

EmptyVessel posted:

Excellent point. A film that fully embraces the mythic fantasy of the poem and it's setting could be good - Weta seem to be all over the visual effects crew so hopefully?

Not much scope for that in the original story I'm afraid.

When has that mattered?

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

EmptyVessel posted:

Gonna be tough to top Sean Connery saying, "Body. Come to me, my body." HAIRSTYLE AND SCENE CHEWING TRIGGER WARNING.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Don Gato posted:

I wouldn't bet on this from an A24 movie directed by the dude who did A Ghost Story but it would be a nice surprise.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

flashy_mcflash posted:

an A24 movie directed by the dude who did A Ghost Story

Whoa now I'm just mega hype for it

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's about Sir Gawain meeting a mysterious man with green skin. For all we know, this is A24's reboot of Shrek.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

The MSJ posted:

It's about Sir Gawain meeting a mysterious man with green skin. For all we know, this is A24's reboot of Shrek.

don't get my hopes up like that

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

Whoa now I'm just mega hype for it

Trailer just dropped!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm hype for that movie. Good cast, good director, and I love the Gaiwan and the Green Knight story

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Here's a direct link to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoJc2tH3WBw

Also, hell yes. This looks gorgeous.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm into it. Though the ever-so-slight wobble of the crown in the opening shot giving away that it was lowered by a wire bothers me juuust enough to make it look comical.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The guy's head bursting into flame reminded me of the Spirit of Jazz from The Mighty Boosh and that made me chuckle a bit.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Y'all should use impawards for getting posters. They seem to post the best version version available. ie:
http://www.impawards.com/2020/green_knight_xxlg.html

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
A24 owns

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Proteus Jones posted:

Here's a direct link to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoJc2tH3WBw

Also, hell yes. This looks gorgeous.

Oh poo poo this looks great

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Sometimes changing a number can make a poster so much nicer.

I don't know why Germany changed the title, either.

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm hype for that movie. Good cast, good director, and I love the Gaiwan and the Green Knight story

It looks pretty cool. Still, that's clearly a gritty reboot because Gawain and the Green Knight is goddamn funny, and not scary at all.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

geil

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teenage Fansub posted:

I believe it's a centrist "everyone's stupid" thing.
It's something like a group of rich liberals get so fed up with people believing Pizzagate style conspiracy theories that they go "Fine! Yup! You want to believe that's who we are? You got it!" and kidnap, then hunt conservative social media nuts. It turns out the main protagonist lady's there because of a name mix up, so your POV character is some normie who's not engaged in extreme political leanings, trying to survive the dangerous kooks on b-b-b-BOTH SIDES.

You’re probably right since it’s a Lindelof joint, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

beanieson posted:

Oh poo poo. I expected you to say that chuds were boycotting it or something, I’m glad it’s not that but coronavirus isn’t any better ☹️

Honestly, I'm surprised that there doesn't appear to be one so far. I'm sure that there are shitfucks like that Quartering oval office who are probably posting boring as dicks videos on youtube and posting on gab about how much of a victory this is for manly man mans who manily man and only want to watch mans manning mans in manly man man man.

The film apparently also ended up pretty much locking out a large percentage of their target audience by virtue of being R-rated. Down here in Enzedd, it's R-16, which means no one aged below 16 are legally allowed to view the film for example (although that isn't necessarily a barrier to box office success here. Dredd, despite being restricted to people 18 or above, did really well at the NZ box office back in 2012).