Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Gogeta who then throws Broly a potara for the first trifusion that lasts 3 seconds named Brogotaly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

After thinking about it here's Blockhouse's STONE COLD LOCK OF THE SEASON of the week for DBFZ season 3

Safe Bets:
- Omega Shenron. (The seal on GT reps was already broken with Goku and SSB Gogeta has a victory line for him in the game files)
- Master Roshi (the most requested remaining character now that Kefla is in, has more than enough fights between DB, World's Strongest, and DBS to pull from for a move set)

Still Good Odds:
- Majin Vegeta (I'm honestly shocked that we're three seasons in and still no edgelord vegeta with self-destruct level 3)
- Raditz (another glaring omission)
- Toppo (one of the last two remaining relevant characters from the ToP)
- Ribrianne (the other last remaining relevant character from the ToP, could have a fun move set)
- Mira (DBFZ is the only Dragonball game since Xenoverse that doesn't have this dude in it)

Eeeehhhh:
- Mr. Satan (the other most requested remaining character, but suffers from a lack of material for a move set)
- Jaco (as much as I would love to have him in, he suffers from the same issue Mr. Satan does, even combining the Jaco manga and his fight in Resurrection F)
- Other Universe 6 characters (Nobody's really out here stanning for Cabba or Frost)
- Super Buu (his most iconic attack was stolen by Kid Buu)
- Bonyu (would be a good tie in for Kakarot but I'm not sure how her autonomous ki blast gimmick would translate)
- Chi Chi (given we've gotten 2 in 3 seasons female characters are not a priority for ASW)
- New original character (sure why not)

God I Hope Not:
- Other ToP characters (a congealed mass of "literally who")
- Individual Ginyu force members (they have like one move a piece y'all)
- Android 13 (terminally boring and a sign that the game would be scraping the bottom of the barrel)
- Bojack (see above but more so)
- Super 17 (see above but even more so)

Towa and Mira as one character would be sick, and make people hella mad so im all for it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They'd them do the fuse thing where he turns white SS4 and it would be stupid as poo poo and I'd love it because DB Heroes owns

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Webbeh posted:

Some storyboards got revealed for the upcoming manga chapter: https://imgur.com/a/eExu1i4

Krillin's so loving good.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

If you do a fusion dance with a supreme Kai and then potra earring fuse with another Kai, is the fusion permanent?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Black August posted:

Gogeta who then throws Broly a potara for the first trifusion that lasts 3 seconds named Brogotaly

Just throw in Krillin to balance it out

All that happens to the resulting design is they lose their nose

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Nitrousoxide posted:

If you do a fusion dance with a supreme Kai and then potra earring fuse with another Kai, is the fusion permanent?

Maybe after an hour it just spits out the mortal and the Kais stay fused.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think the point of Zamasu is that mortals and gods can not fuse but it’s kind of unclear

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think the point of Zamasu is that mortals and gods can not fuse but it’s kind of unclear

didn't elder kai potara-fuse with a mortal

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

a cartoon duck posted:

didn't elder kai potara-fuse with a mortal

He fused with a witch that was hanging out in Kai world so.....idk

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CharlestheHammer posted:

This was never said and it'd contradict Zamasu himself fusing with a mortal body.

What Zamasu said is that the Potara only work correctly for gods, giving an unperishing fusion, while for mortals they're limited to an hour. So long as one part of the fusion is godly, it works (in the anime, in the manga it doesn't except for that one time where it did because Toyotaro is a master at contradictions)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

This was never said and it'd contradict Zamasu himself fusing with a mortal body.

What Zamasu said is that the Potara only work correctly for gods, giving an unperishing fusion, while for mortals they're limited to an hour. So long as one part of the fusion is godly, it works (in the anime, in the manga it doesn't except for that one time where it did because Toyotaro is a master at contradictions)

Zamazu didn’t work his body melted. I don’t think they ever said that’s why his body melted but that’s what I assume

He soul swapped with Goku but that’s a different thing

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I thought his body melted because only half of him was immortal. The other half was dying and rotting

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That could work as well, like I said it’s it’s really vague

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Siegkrow posted:

I thought his body melted because only half of him was immortal. The other half was dying and rotting

That's indeed the case, yes. Zamasu being half-immortal coupled with his weakening mental state caused his immortality to freak out and have his body reflect his soul.

CharlestheHammer posted:

That could work as well, like I said it’s it’s really vague

No it is not. This isn't even something I think happened, Gowasu says those exact same things.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
His body melted because one half of him was immortal and the other was mortal. The fusion didn't come undone meaning that yeah, he was correct in that they were unable to defuse unlike Vegito who did. However, their bodies were incompatible because of the nature of Black's itself being a mortal body so it started exploding on him with the goo. It was also very obviously a metaphorical change to show the ugliness of Zamasu as an individual.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That doesn’t even make sense as being mortal and killable had no actual effect on merged Zamasu outside of looks.

His body functioned fundamentally the same immortal or not

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As we both said it's also meant to narratively reflect the character's weakening mental state and showing him for the ugly person he is. For all of the problems with Super the Future Saga has a lot of surprisingly decent visual storytelling that the show doesn't just spell out for you sometimes, same thing for Goku Black becoming more in tune with Goku's body and Trunks' Rage Transformation being a similar state to Vegeta's.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
the fusion should have been busted because of mai cracking his earring with her super bullet

missed opportunity imo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

His body melted because one half of him was immortal and the other was mortal. The fusion didn't come undone meaning that yeah, he was correct in that they were unable to defuse unlike Vegito who did. However, their bodies were incompatible because of the nature of Black's itself being a mortal body so it started exploding on him with the goo. It was also very obviously a metaphorical change to show the ugliness of Zamasu as an individual.

I thought it was that Black’s body actually died after one of the blasts

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wasn't he alive for the potara fusion though? Idk, I'm not gonna pretend all of that poo poo made perfect sense because god knows it didn't but it was definitely cool.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Lunatic Sledge posted:

the fusion should have been busted because of mai cracking his earring with her super bullet

missed opportunity imo

A million times this.

Would’ve made Mai and Bulma (who made the bullet) directly contribute to saving the day, even if inadvertently.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Zamasu could assault Gowasu for the earrings, resulting in further gloating at the despair of mortals for thinking they can interfere with the will of the gods. Gowasu would either be humiliated or have his destiny to be killed by his student fulfilled. Enter Vegito with Supreme Kai's potara.

Might have been more interesting than those two standing around going "man...this is pretty bad eh?"

Even though the pacing of that arc feels cheap at times by god was it fun.

snickothemule fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 14, 2020

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Captain Baal posted:

Hit is new Pikkon and also better

Yeah I don't actually like him that much and don't remember any of his moves but it's weird that a series that's constantly dredging up every obscure character in various media doesn't push him harder, seeing as he appeared multiple times which most of the randos never did.

I guess that makes Monaka the new Pikkon.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Pikkon has plenty drip but I always found his actual body structure boring. Even a nose would spice it up.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
put Sol Badguy in DBFZ and come full circle

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
put in naruto as the last DLC character

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

TheHan posted:

Pikkon has plenty drip but I always found his actual body structure boring. Even a nose would spice it up.

He's piccolo without antenna and a nose. :shrug: He's pretty boring

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Neo_Crimson posted:

put Sol Badguy in DBFZ and come full circle

Professorjuggalo posted:

put in naruto as the last DLC character

Every other fighting game is shoving cameos up the wazoo, so why not this one? Put in Captain One Piece and a Wacky JoJo in there too.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Sorry everyone my uncle told me Arale is going to be in.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Every other fighting game is shoving cameos up the wazoo, so why not this one? Put in Captain One Piece and a Wacky JoJo in there too.

It wouldn't even be the first time Luffy gets into a Dragon Ball game.

Also I love this trio and hope we get more of them in the future.
https://twitter.com/dokkan_official/status/1228230409252532225

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is that second one just Broly except he's wearing a shirt?

I like Cheelai kill stealing in the third one.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Here's the comparison with the movie because fans work fast:

https://twitter.com/Jiod_Z/status/1228282011284115456

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

edit: Oh my God. Freeza's shoes.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 14, 2020

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Where are Krillin and 18?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Blaze Dragon posted:

Here's the comparison with the movie because fans work fast:

https://twitter.com/Jiod_Z/status/1228282011284115456

I can appreciate that the game did its best to stick to the animation beats in the movie, even if it looks cheaper.

Nanigans posted:

edit: Oh my God. Freeza's shoes.

I love that there's a hole in the ceiling that others can use to float down. :v:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Man, I just noticed Cell way up top. drat.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bobjr posted:

Where are Krillin and 18?

In one of the lockers making Maron

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

If Fighterz doesn't add the vocal tract version of the ultra instinct theme when they release UI goku there should be goddamn riots.

Although if they really wanted to troll, they could release that abysmal english cover of it that the dub had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Monaghan posted:

If Fighterz doesn't add the vocal tract version of the ultra instinct theme when they release UI goku there should be goddamn riots.

Although if they really wanted to troll, they could release that abysmal english cover of it that the dub had.

They stopped adding anime tracks after like the second DLC because of rights issues I think

Like Blizzard isn't even in the game despite being used in the DBS Broly trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbdISI768iY