Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lurking Haro posted:

Can I interest you in a wholesome round of Sword World RPG 2.5?
The kobolds there are of the Canine variety and their default look is bipedal Corgies.

That got translated? If you're serious I'd be down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

That got translated? If you're serious I'd be down.

I translated some more of 2.5 and lead a few rounds, I'm a GM noob though. I only used the easy battle rules so far.
If there are some more people, I'd compile the necessary lists and infos and give it a try.

-e-
If I've got enough done, I'd open a new thread and give a shootout here.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
I'll play sword world if there are delicious animals in it

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

noether posted:

d&d sucks, but convincing people to experiment with other systems is like pulling teeth @_@

it's possible the group I usually play with might just be particularly stubborn about that though.

Ease them in with something like Dungeon World or some sort of OSR game.

Jen X posted:

d&d is fine

Nah.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

noether posted:

idk how much crossover there is between here and the tabletop gaming crowd, but someone made a dungeon meshi homebrew game based on an osr-type system and it looks pretty rad

http://riseupcomus.blogspot.com/2020/02/glog-rat-kebab-edition.html

This looks amazing. I've house-ruled a ton of cooking mechanics for tabletop RPGs but making it the whole game is even cooler!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lurking Haro posted:

I translated some more of 2.5 and lead a few rounds, I'm a GM noob though. I only used the easy battle rules so far.
If there are some more people, I'd compile the necessary lists and infos and give it a try.

-e-
If I've got enough done, I'd open a new thread and give a shootout here.

I'll keep an eye out. Haven't played anything Tabletop since my GURPS days which has been quite some time.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

D&D is fine if you break its back and do with it whatever the gently caress you want.

Source: me who is DMing a campaign set on a Metropolis on the Farm Realms, Ruled by a Lich that looks like this:

Who is a Gameshow host and controls a living dungeon that the PCs must travel.

Nothing in the D&D rules supports this but who gives a poo poo.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
you can do that with better systems as well?
i don't get the point being made here.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Snooze Cruise posted:

you can do that with better systems as well?
i don't get the point being made here.

I mean if you can use a system that is better than D&D, then yes please use it.

But i feel really comfortable with D&D, my PCs feel comfortable with D&D, so i I homebrew my D&D to make a more enjoyable experience.

Edit: Also my players are literary my wife, two of my step-sons and one of their girlfriends. And while they are musical nerds they are not TTRPG nerds like i am.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
D&D has the advantage of being very well known and also very easy to understand

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Can we not talk about D&D? We’ve got a whole subforum for talking about how 5e is bad and you should use [insert system] instead.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

thetoughestbean posted:

Can we not talk about D&D? We’ve got a whole subforum for talking about how 5e is bad and you should use [insert system] instead.

Yes, but what LANCER mech would Laius pilot???

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

ElMaligno posted:

Yes, but what LANCER mech would Laius pilot???

It would definitely be one of the weird ones from Horus

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

thetoughestbean posted:

It would definitely be one of the weird ones from Horus

:wrong:

He pilots a souped up atlas with IPS-N technology in it.

Marcille is the one that drives the weird Horus mech

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

ElMaligno posted:

D&D is fine if you break its back and do with it whatever the gently caress you want.

Source: me who is DMing a campaign set on a Metropolis on the Farm Realms, Ruled by a Lich that looks like this:

Who is a Gameshow host and controls a living dungeon that the PCs must travel.

Nothing in the D&D rules supports this but who gives a poo poo.

Imagine if someone said late run Bleach is good because I wrote a bunch of fanfiction that's way better than the actual manga. That's basically the attitude far too many TT RPG players have. What you are doing is good, but you shouldn't think that makes D&D good. In the same way, a Pulitzer prize-winning fanfiction set in the Bleach universe doesn't make Bleach good. Making that mistake is why so many TT RPGs have trash mechanics. And if the same thing happened in manga, we'd have even more trash in manga. It's bad enough dealing with pro-slavery Isekais. We don't need any more trash.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

golden bubble posted:

Imagine if someone said late run Bleach is good because I wrote a bunch of fanfiction that's way better than the actual manga. That's basically the attitude far too many TT RPG players have. What you are doing is good, but you shouldn't think that makes D&D good. In the same way, a Pulitzer prize-winning fanfiction set in the Bleach universe doesn't make Bleach good. Making that mistake is why so many TT RPGs have trash mechanics. And if the same thing happened in manga, we'd have even more trash in manga. It's bad enough dealing with pro-slavery Isekais. We don't need any more trash.

Yes, good but what LANCER Mech would Chilchuck or Senshi Pilot????

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

golden bubble posted:

Bleach is good.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Bleach is good.

Bleach is a rollercoaster in terms of quality which unfortunately means that eventually it has to go downhill. The problem with bleach is that it never course corrects or throws in more than a couple loops before the series died choking on a german alphabet soup.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Jen X posted:

D&D has the advantage of being very well known and also very easy to understand

The first point is true. The second is lol no.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Xelkelvos posted:

The first point is true. The second is lol no.

if we are taling about 2ND AD&D, then this is true

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
[points] Neeeeeeeerds

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Crasical posted:

[points] Neeeeeeeerds

How many people could feast on a properly de-poisoned Purple Worm?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Lurking Haro posted:

How many people could feast on a properly de-poisoned Purple Worm?

So the Purple Worm is (in recent editions) depicted as heavily scaled, even armored. but it's just an enormous venomous long wriggly thing so I'm going to use rattlesnake as an approximation. An adult rattlesnake is about 2.5 pounds, but I couldn't find any info on how much usable meat is in a single snake (I'm given to understand they're pretty bony meals, like fish). In the end I went with '1 pound of usable meat' as a wild guess so a 40% usable meat conversion.

A purple worm is said to weigh 40k pounds, so we're looking at 1600 pounds of usable meat after felling and butchering one of these things. You said 'Feast' so I'm going to assume that everyone's getting a BIG cut of wormsteak. 32oz is where you get those 'eat the whole thing and it's free!' kind of food challenges so everyone gets 2 pounds of meat, so we halve the amount again: 800 people.

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender
The best tabletop system is new chapter: https://mangadex.org/chapter/805689/1

Next chapter is all about DMing

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Finally, we get an answer one of the series's greatest mysteries: The elf captain Misurn is confirmed to be male. Looking forward to the lore dump about the deal with dungeon lords.

Panel spoiler:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Can Of Worms posted:

Finally, we get an answer one of the series's greatest mysteries: The elf captain Misurn is confirmed to be male. Looking forward to the lore dump about the deal with dungeon lords.

Panel spoiler:

Oh man, was I missing a junji Ito inspired panel. Can I interest you in some honey per chance?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

literally :byodood:

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
Congrats to the author for pulling in a hot guest artist RIP Kabru's ONE-rear end doppelganger

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I imagine being the lord of a dungeon and then getting cut off from it would probably mess up with your senses pretty badly. Though this is Dungeon Meshi, so it's just as likely Misurn being a huge goofball.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

A completely accurate nightmare.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

A good reminder of how Larius is percieved by others

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

its the power couple

also why is it every time a new elf is introduce they are the best elf..

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
elves in dm are simultaneously the worst and the best.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
RIP pixie. Too good for this world.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
drat Kabru's elf mom u scary

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Can you imagine what a nightmare it would be to have Kabru in your party while a serious shapeshifter was trying to kill your group? He basically makes perfect external copies of people and their mannerisms would be very close to the original as well for as much as Kabru studies people.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
On the other hand, he's perfect when succubi show up. Instantly stabs the idealised double of the party member you crush on. "They were an inch taller, and their hair was shinier."

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

golden bubble posted:

this isn't really a good analogy because D&D isn't a single coherent creative work with a canon that rises above what the fans do.

with D&D, the fanfiction effectively is the game unless you actively choose to run everything exactly as written using only published materials (and that's an insane choice that very few people make). if Bleach was a framework to make your own shonen manga, the example of how to use it being poo poo wouldn't make the whole framework poo poo.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

underrated part of the chapter was misurn using kabru as a projectile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
every panel is gold