Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Weembles posted:

It's been three years. People are used to him now and nothing catastrophic has happened.

Once you get out of #resistance twitter, people have really short memories and can get really forgiving.

also the media has moved on from freaking out about Trump to freaking out about Bernie so I think it's expected that his approval ratings have drifted up since primary season started in earnest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

was she even viable in the day-of voting?

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

mad.radhu posted:

I mean beyond the barbershop, I follow some people on twitter that turned into very vocal Warren supporters over the last year or so and hate Vile Bernard for whatever reason. The barbershop stunt was hilarious, but it's cynical to completely erase what little black support she has because of it.

As an example, the lady holding the sign in this picture is a huge Warren fan:

I don't know how it's even possible to performatively suck a lollipop (?) but she's got it figured out

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Someone needs to let the Midwest know that their entire culinary culture is revolting and no one wants eat loving hot dish.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mappo posted:

So let me try to explain my horrible state of South Carolina. The majority of the black vote is in the low country and it is incredibly poor. The kind of places, Butt, Warren and Klob probably don't feel comfortable driving around in.

These places are church based low information communities. So the local churches will have a lot more pull than any other influence. This is why Biden has such an advantage, he has a lot of connections with SC representatives who have pull with those smaller communities.

This is also a state that is heavily Republican and heavily gerrymandered. So there is this mentality to stick with the establishment as it's the only political power we have.

So my predictions are Biden, Bernie very closely behind, Steyer and gently caress the rest in their single digit hell.

Please get me out of this state I am a decent enough person.

i think us bernie peeps need to tempter our expectations a bit regarding south carolina. he doesn't even need to win south carolina, if he is within 5 points of biden that is enough of a win in and of itself.

granted biden has underperformed and sanders has overperformed in most polls, so i don't think a south carolina win is out of the question or even particularly unlikely, but it's not a must-win state for bernie. it's an absolute must-dominate state for biden however, and i don't see that happening for him.

if bernie doesn't win, oh well, it's not really worth freaking out about. if he does win though, that is worth freaking out about, because the race is all the fuckin way over at that point.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

how old is that photo? do people still wear those pink pussy hats?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Someone needs to let the Midwest know that their entire culinary culture is revolting and no one wants eat loving hot dish.

i grew up in wisconsin and i can't think of a single dish from there, that's how devoid of anything it is

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

You will eat sweetened pasta salad with mayonnaise and eagle brand and you will enjoy it.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

I’m ok with rhubarb

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I know that they are just salty, but why are they assuming that there was an equal percentage of each candidates supporters who early voted? what if Warren's supporters were just less likely to early vote?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I will proudly eat hot dish and cole slaw and plain grits til the day I die you bourgeoisie bastard

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the best food in the midwest is produce in shipping crates from california bound for the east coast

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i think us bernie peeps need to tempter our expectations a bit regarding south carolina. he doesn't even need to win south carolina, if he is within 5 points of biden that is enough of a win in and of itself.

granted biden has underperformed and sanders has overperformed in most polls, so i don't think a south carolina win is out of the question or even particularly unlikely, but it's not a must-win state for bernie. it's an absolute must-dominate state for biden however, and i don't see that happening for him.

if bernie doesn't win, oh well, it's not really worth freaking out about. if he does win though, that is worth freaking out about, because the race is all the fuckin way over at that point.

Salient point, but have you considered, Bernie binch

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Imo's Pizza, gooey butter cake, molasses based bbq sauce are all wondrous things that definitely weren't mistakes that people won't own up to

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Drunkboxer posted:

I’m ok with rhubarb

Rhubarb is celery with delusions of grandeur

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

hot dish is just a fancy name and a 300% markup away from being the toast of cultured society, maybe like "fromage de pomme de terre, cassa-style", cut the serving size down to 1/16th and make it look fancy with crema fresca

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

That spooky surge backwards to single digits

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I know that they are just salty, but why are they assuming that there was an equal percentage of each candidates supporters who early voted? what if Warren's supporters were just less likely to early vote?

I'm trying to picture the sort of person who's been conscious for the entirety of this Stephen Kings The Jaunt of this primary season and doesn't have their mind made up on who they like out of the initial field, but are instead waiting to see how many zingers they land in the most recent debate.

The mental picture I'm coming up with is some sort of simian evolutionary throwback in a flat-brimmed cap.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Look, if you know of an easier way to feed a dozen farmhands children, I'm all ears.

Somber Ragweed
Feb 11, 2020

Epic High Five posted:

was she even viable in the day-of voting?

Barely. If you use the first alignment numbers she's at ~11.5% early vote, ~17% day-of. If you use the final alignment numbers she's right at 15%.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Azathoth posted:

Look, if you know of an easier way to feed a dozen farmhands children, I'm all ears.

real food?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Azathoth posted:

Beans and fuckin rice

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Or lentils, the food of the people

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I will proudly eat hot dish and cole slaw and plain grits til the day I die you bourgeoisie bastard

wtf is a plain grit. no one eats plain grits

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

silvergoose posted:

Or lentils, the food of the people

the perfect food

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
kind want to get elected to office in minnesota so i can enter the congressional hot dish contest and win by microwaving a couple cans of alpo with some shredded cheese and tater tots on top

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Strong Sauce posted:

its jan 21 2017

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Shipon posted:

i grew up in wisconsin and i can't think of a single dish from there, that's how devoid of anything it is

also grew up in wisconsin, how about cheese curds, brats, culver’s, spreadable cheese? maybe those don’t count as “dishes”.......

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Somber Ragweed posted:

Barely. If you use the first alignment numbers she's at ~11.5% early vote, ~17% day-of. If you use the final alignment numbers she's right at 15%.

Would that have been enough to put her over Pete for 3rd place?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

also grew up in wisconsin, how about cheese curds, brats, culver’s, spreadable cheese? maybe those don’t count as “dishes”.......

ok i'll grant you culvers, culver's is the only thing i miss

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I am a trash human who will eat almost anything and I will never look down upon the humble hot dish.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

there was an on-campus diner at the college that I went to that had cheese curds covered in minced jalapenos, and I really miss those still

sure, it was deep fried cheese that you dipped in ranch dressing, but they were really good

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Shipon posted:

that frozen custard is so good

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Chokes McGee posted:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i missed that sestak endorsed the klob lol but it makes sense

amy will support our blue water dominance!!

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1232009441450565632

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Shipon posted:

Also kringles, fish fry or fish boils, and the way Wisconsin turns bloody marys into a meal

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Strong Sauce posted:

First women's march. It turned into a bit of a controversy about whether it was unfair to white women to shame them. Kind of predicted the eventual collapse of the whole thing, actually, which also fell apart over upper class white ladies not liking other perspectives.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I live in minnesota and grew up in ND and I think I've never had hot dish outside of stuff like potlucks and big family dinners, where it's more about quantity and ease of serving than quality. I've had some pretty good hot dish in my day, but yeah I'd be the last person to argue we have some kind of rich culinary heritage

I miss frybread now that I'm not in ND anymore though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
This is the future Berners want.