Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The TES MMO is actually good.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
mmos are never good

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WatermelonGun posted:

mmos are never good

As long as the core gameplay doesn't suck rear end, MMOs are cool little digital amusement parks. I honestly prefer TES MMO's combat to Skyrim.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

WatermelonGun posted:

mmos are never good

I agree even if i was terribly addicted to wow years ago.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I really didn't like WOW as much as I wanted to. The only class that seemed fun to play was the stealth class because you could stack up a sweet alpha strike. Most of their other classes were sustained DPS things where you played the keyboard like a 3rd grade piano recital.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I played WoW from vanilla to Battle for Azeroth. That was over 100 pounds of my life I'll never get back.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The only MMO I ever enjoyed was the 2D flat runescape from way back. Even as a 6th grader there was a ton of social engineering going on to fleece people of their items and it was fun for me and my evil friends in school to grief people.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the most fun i’ve ever had in an mmo was the three whole days i played lord of the rings online, playing warren zevon songs w/ my bagpipes and little else

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

CobiWann posted:

I played WoW from vanilla to Battle for Azeroth. That was over 100 pounds of my life I'll never get back.

we'll always have that down to the last second kill on heroic immerseus :unsmith:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

People care way too much about Bethesda. I liked Skyrim.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NienNunb posted:

People care way too much about Bethesda. I liked Skyrim.

I liked the singleplayer gently caress around sandbox idea of Skyrim a lot better than previous TES entries because it didn't immediately place the fate of a world/kingdom/etc on your shoulders.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

People care way too much about Kevin Kelly. I liked Destinooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I saw a ton of people going "Witcher 3 out-Skyrims Skyrim" and "Outer Worlds out-Fallouts Fallout" and I feel like I don't understand the impression most people have of Bethsoft's games

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Paper Lion posted:

we'll always have that down to the last second kill on heroic immerseus :unsmith:

:hf:

Vent going insane might just be the highlight of my raiding career. Either that or the first Illidan kill.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
was outer worlds any good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It feels like Tim Cain made some game he wanted to make in 2004 and didn't change anything about it except a decent visual update. to me the way all the areas and loot works it's more like a first person KOTOR but not as gripping. even if you don't like kotor

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

WatermelonGun posted:

Very. It will feel pretty short if you're comparing it to a Fallout game (which you inevitably will) but its considerably better written and scripted. Thr combat system is simple but fun and the game has a good aesthetic as well. You should get it imo.

e: ^ actually, no, u

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

WatermelonGun posted:

No it is very boring which is the worst crime a game can be.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Perhaps we as a society just arent ready for rpgs, if this is how we treat them

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
does it have a fishing minigame

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

WatermelonGun posted:

does it have a fishing minigame

No, but I never said it was flawless or even as good as the greatest jrpg of all time (sonic adventure 1)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Outer Worlds was good fun but also pretty simple and didn’t have a huge amount to do away from the main quest. I can’t really see myself playing through it again.

Outer Wilds is legitimately one of my favourite games ever, on the other hand

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

WatermelonGun posted:

It's serviceable. The plot is dumb nonsense but creative. Visually very appealing but there's about a third the amount of game it feels like early on.

It's actually way more Mass Effect but with dumb Fallout jokes that don't fit the setting. Like the robots look incredibly stupid "because Fallout" which is interesting since Fallout has a good story reason to look the way it does.

Big Huski Boi posted:

New Order was good but The New Colossus is pretty clearly designed to suggest you should sneakily kill the captains or whatever and prevent them from triggering alarms, yet most of the levels are so wide open that it's impossible to play with any kind of stealth. I just turned the difficulty down to its lowest setting and blasted through everyone.
I bought a new PC in november; my back log is monstrous and XGP adds new games every other week so until I've cleaned it out I'm not going to bother with stuff with broken stealth and weird slog fights.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when i beat outer worlds, the ending slides said the only npc companion who has any thought put into them had died even though they didn't, so it didn't show what actually had happened to them in my game. i believe that's fixed so you can't have it happen to you. sorry

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
and Oscar Wilde, quite frankly, is overrated. oh, please regale us with more of your unending witticisms, you irish drunkard.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm becoming Rollins in my mind

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cavauro posted:

I'm becoming Rollins in my mind
Cavauro Might Messiah, choo choo

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Cavauro posted:

I'm going to buy the next Elder Scrolls

Playing new ES/Fallout games is in the top 10 on my 'reasons to live' list so I'm right there with you.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I should replay Andromeda sometime. I had fun with it.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

happy birthday shard

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Had some therapy today; bought some new therapy books.

Therapist says I should be nicer to myself so obviously they don’t know the horror that is my soul which I am so ably keeping tamped down.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the best condiments:
-chili crisp
-lizano

should they be combined? will it blow up

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

coconono posted:

I should replay Andromeda sometime. I had fun with it.

Andromeda was a fun as hell show too, until Sorbo got the reins.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

oh but seriously I posted:

happy birthday shard

*cheers*

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hap beedy

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

For a cheesed burger? No better condiment than a good special sauce/thousand island dressing.

For dipping chickey tenders into? Gotta go with a high quality Bleu Cheese.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

For a cheesed burger? No better condiment than a good special sauce/thousand island dressing.

For dipping chickey tenders into? Gotta go with a high quality Bleu Cheese.

Heinz 57 is the ultimate sauce for either imo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

57 is how many times that sauce sucks it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Cavauro posted:

57 is how many times that sauce sucks it