Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Man, that really throws the Carnival up in the air.

They can't just give Lee another shot right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
All DDT shows need to be full of the loudest hecklers on the roster during the empty arena shows. Sasadongo, Dino, Itoh, Yuki, Mizuki and Takagi should just be shouting from the front row. Masa Takanashi and pom should second all wrestlers and reacting to every single spot, Nobuhiro should just be carrying around random signs all night, and Paulie and Ihashi should just wander around, sometimes brawling.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

That sucks for Nomura :( that said, this means we're definitely gonna see Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion Takashi Sugiura this year! :hellyeah:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
loving hell the Champion Carnival is cursed this year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

loving hell the Champion Carnival is cursed this year

It couldn't go on without Joe Doering

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kengo Mashimo is returning next month and he did get pulled from last year's with injury. Would be a nice story for him to get his place in this year's one.

That made me remember he was replaced with Aoki which made me sad again.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm watching the 17/2 AJPW show from Oita (think I'm about 5 shows behind now...) and if you can stomach the hardcam facing one of the corners rather than a side of the ring the Hikaru Sato vs Rising Hayato match is a fun sub 10 minute match.

Shuji Ishikawa killing wee Akira is good fun.

Also Zeus Jackhammering JR Kratos loving rules. Jackhammer in general is a great power move

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 27, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

You can add NOAH 3.8 Yokohama Bunka to the list of cancelled shows.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Add AJPW to the list. They are following the guidelines and are off to 13/3. The show on the 7th will be cancelled

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

champion gate was still going on as of yesterday, gonna be interesting to see what kinda crowd they draw and if they start canceling afterwards

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

BJW still running

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

sell hazmat suits at the gimmick table

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

BJW still running

Makes sense. If you're not afraid of getting splashed with Abdullah Kobayashi's blood then what is Covid19 to you?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Other promotions - cancelling shows
BJW - inviting fans to come get drunk with Daichi Hashimoto. Just follow cough etiquette!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DDT announced the cards for their next two dojo #NoPeople shows

March 1:
Akito vs Hideki Okatani
Toru Owashi defends the Ironman heavymetalweight title in a delayed entry battle royal with participants including Royce Chambers, Makoto Oishi, Yukio Naya and Keigo Nakamura
Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi and Saki Akai) vs Ganbare Pro talent (Keisuke Ishii, Yumehito Imanari and Shota)
NEO Itoh Respect Army (Chris Brookes and Maki Itoh) vs Antonio Honda and Miyu Yamashita
DISASTER BOX (HARASHIMA, Yuki Ueno and Naomi Yoshimura) vs ALL OUT (Konosuke Takeshita, Shunma Katsumata and Yuki Iino)

March 3:
Yuki Iino vs Keigo Nakamura
Participants including Soma Takao, Yuki Ueno, Naomi Yoshimura, Kazuki Hirata, Kazusada Higuchi, MAO, Makoto Oishi, Mizuki Watase and Yukio Naya fight in a delayed entry battle royal for the vacant AT/AW gauntlet
HARASHIMA vs Shunma Katsumata
ALL OUT (Konosuke Takeshita and Akito) vs DAMNATION (Daisuke Sasaki and Tetsuya Endo)
Chris Brookes vs Royce Chambers

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Blocks for Champion Carnival

https://twitter.com/EasternLariat/status/1233259817529114624?s=20

We're getting Sugi vs Kento so I'm happy at least.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/BJWOfficial/status/1233379367318765568?s=19

Come see wrestling 💪💪

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/dragongate_pro/status/1233366998429515782?s=19

Dragon Gate is officially not cancelling shows but giving refunds to any fans who don't wish to attend in the advisory period.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

God speed Dragon Gate for giving me some live wrestling to watch. Huzzah! Looking forward to the Brave Gate & Open Gate matches in particular.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Blocks for Champion Carnival

https://twitter.com/EasternLariat/status/1233259817529114624?s=20

We're getting Sugi vs Kento so I'm happy at least.

B block looks like 10x weaker than A block and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if Davey Boy Jr won B block

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It's not great but you've still got Lee, Suwama, Yoshida, DBS & I dunno, I'm sure Jun Akiyama really doesn't want to be X but I dunno who else is in the running. It'd be in a better place if Nomura was healthy obviously but I dunno, ask Big Japan for Sekimoto or something.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The year is 2048, humanity is down to its last pocketfuls of civilization, the air is only breathable for 3 minutes a day, Jun Akiyama has to drag himself out of retirement to work the Champion Carnival after someone got injured.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
I really think this means lee is winning the whole carnival unless the x guy is a big name.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

champions gate starts tomorrow. night 1 doesn't look that particularly great but night 2 should own and it's basically the only japanese wrestlng in front of actual crowds we're going to get to see for a while

(cards copied from dragongate.live)
night 1:

CHAMPION GATE
February 29th at 3:45 EST/8:45 GMT
EDION Arena #2, Osaka

■Tag Match
《Toryumon vs DRAGONGATE》
Masato Yoshino & Don Fujii & Yasushi Kanda
vs.
Jason Lee & Punch Tominaga & Kota Minoura

■Singles Match
Gamma
vs.
Yuki Yoshioka

■3 way Tag Match
Naruki Doi & Susumu Yokosuka
vs.
Masaaki Mochizuki & Kento Kobune
vs.
Takashi Yoshida & Diamante

■Tag Match
《DRAGONGATE vs R・E・D》
YAMATO & Kzy & KAI & Keisuke Okuda
vs.
Eita & BxB Hulk & Big R Shimizu & Kazma Sakamoto

■Open the Brave Gate Championship Match
《Champion》Kaito Ishida
vs.
《Challenger》Genki Horiguchi

■Open the Triangle Gate Championship Match
《Champion》
Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito & Kenichiro Arai
vs.
《Challenger》
Ben-K & Strong Machine J & Dragon Dia

night 2

CHAMPION GATE
March 1st at 00:45 EST/5:45 GMT
EDION Arena #2, Osaka

■Tag Match
Masaaki Mochizuki & Ryo Saito & Gamma & Martin Kirby
vs.
Jason Lee & Strong Machine J & Dragon Dia & Oji Shiiba

■Tag Match
《Toryumon vs DRAGONGATE》
Don Fujii & Genki Horiguchi
vs.
Kzy & Yosuke♡Santa Maria

■Tag Match
《DRAGONGATE vs R・E・D》
Ben-K & Keisuke Okuda
vs.
Takashi Yoshida & Kaito Ishida

■Tag Match
《Toryumon vs R・E・D》
Masato Yoshino & Dragon Kid & Kagetora
vs.
Eita & Big R Shimizu & Diamante

■Open the Twin Gate Championship Match
《Champion》BxB Hulk & Kazma Sakamoto
vs.
《Challenger》YAMATO & KAI

■Open the Dream Gate Championship Match
《Champion》Naruki Doi
vs.
《Challenger》Susumu Yokosuka

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

He can't win. He just can't. He's already lost twice to Kento in the last 6 months and until Nomura's injury the working theory was that he was winning the Cup & then the Triple Crown. Lee needs rehabbed before he's believable as a challenger. Which sucks because I honestly bought him more than I had until this point in the match at New Year Wars this year and that would have been the time except they clearly want Miyahara to beat the record of Kawada and it's not like they knew Nomura was going to get hurt.

It's too soon for Yoshida, Valletta is a joke, Lucas Steele is too green, literally the only possibilities are Suwama & Lee & X. And at least Suwama has only lost to Kento once on this title reign & that was 12 months ago. Could they maybe do a Suwama transitional reign until Royal Road, have Nomura repeat there & then put the belt on him after that? Because if you've got Kento retaining against Block B winner then you've got the same problem, who does Kento defend against in the summer because there's so few fresh match ups. Have KAI beat Kento during the tournament so one of the defences can be a rematch of their great match from last January. Davey Boy Smith Jr might be worth a shout? So I guess they could just about making it through.

Booking is hard man. Nomura winning the Carnival & then the Triple Crown just made too much sense.

Look at the DG card, just noticed Doi & Susumu are tagging before their titles match, that's fun. And Horiguchi against Ishida is something I'm looking forward to. Brave Gate matches are often great. In fact I should stop fantasy booking All Japan & go to bed so I don't sleep through the start

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Ishida vs Horiguchi should be good.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/W_1_official/status/1233610385627836417?s=19

Wrestle-1 is going on "indefinite hiatus" after April 1st. My only assumption can be they've thrown in with the fash

E: think they've actually just pissed off the inventors for not drawing

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 29, 2020

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/EasternLariat/status/1233666170298957824

Seems more like they're just out of money but being out of money is a great reason to take the money.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It seems telling that WWE sniffed around so many promotions if they didn't even bother looking at Wrestle-1. (It took me longer than I'd like to admit to work out what the hell you meant by the fash.)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The fash....ion police.

That's right, get ready for Wrestle-1 headlined by Breezango.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Takagi was literally working with Wrestle-1 as their CEO at some point and decided to split with him. It's their own fault for failing

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/hidekisuzuki55/status/1233619200070967296?s=19

lmao

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

loving people are the worst, just shut the gently caress up. Phone call meant I missed all of Genki Horiguchi vs Kaito Ishida, the match I was most looking forward to on this show. Why the gently caress did you waste my time during one of the meaningless undercard matches?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Looking forward to the Great Muta's WWE debut and then Hall of Fame induction

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

Looking forward to the Great Muta's WWE debut and then Hall of Fame induction

Does he job to Goldberg or Lesnar first

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

dragon gate show just started, reasonable start time and on a sunday.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Thauros posted:

dragon gate show just started, reasonable start time and on a sunday.

Says the person clearly not in the GMT timezone. 6am should be illegal

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

Says the person clearly not in the GMT timezone. 6am should be illegal

understandable but hey, still a lot better than the 4:30 am start times we have to deal with for korakuen hall shows in the winter

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
https://twitter.com/DragonGateEN/status/1234011537175543809?s=20

kinda had to happen today after they took yosuke off the show today with a fever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Zero-1 announced today they'll be running Sumo Hall on March 14th 2021 for their twentieth anniversary which sounds ambitious but you've got to love the ambition.