Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Gainax last made a show in 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Rest in piss, Gainax. You rose up out of the trash, and to the trash ye shall return.

Gainax ending with a Gainax ending.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ranzear posted:

Gainax ending with a Gainax ending.
They wish. This is more like a "Buy the manga/light novels to know what comes next!" deal. Except... y'know, shittier still.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
The fate of Gainax destruction is also the joy of Trigger/khara rebirth

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat what the gently caress. gently caress that guy

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The REAL Goobusters posted:

drat what the gently caress. gently caress that guy
He's so hosed up.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
No you see, he was 'training' them for the entertainment industry!
The entertainment industry is full of perverted old businessmen who like to take advantage of teenage girls and he just wanted to make sure they wouldn't embarrass themselves and the important businessmen by not knowing how to be taken advantage of properly.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Soul Reaver posted:

No you see, he was 'training' them for the entertainment industry!
The entertainment industry is full of perverted old businessmen who like to take advantage of teenage girls and he just wanted to make sure they wouldn't embarrass themselves and the important businessmen by not knowing how to be taken advantage of properly.

haha cool

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Merry Christmas Eva thread. I thank you this year for no-selling SMG's evatalk and for giving us the crazy anticipation of the end of this chapter of eva.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ladies and gents, we have a 3.0+1.0 release date.

June 27, 2020

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJnkBgrYiIs&t=29s

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Apparently in addition to Tomohiro Maki being a pedophile and the Japanese press running with it as "studio that made Evangelion involved in sex scandal", Gainax pressured Anno for a loan of a several million dollars, which he agreed to in exchange for the rights to FLCL and Gunbuster... which they then transferred to a shell company to make sure he would never get them:

https://twitter.com/out_sall/status/1211474824335429638

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jesus christ, gainax

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Shinjobi posted:

Jesus christ, gainax
Those shell companies are legit skeevy and obviously some execs are going to suicide/jail over Monopoly Man levels of embezzlement.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's like the toilet broke and all the turds just keep coming out.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Wark Say posted:

It's like the toilet broke and all the turds just keep coming out.

Overfull septic tanks are a good comparison for sure. Especially when they burst

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

What the hell, Gainax :stonk:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I admittedly only skimmed over it, but even that was still a pretty fuckin’ dire read.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I can't imagine the level of suck that you feel when your Giant Robot Anxiety work becomes a masterpiece that is able to enrich the people that worked on it, and then your buddy runs the company into the ground, grabs 100Million, sells rights out from under you...

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

This explains so much of what has gone on in the last decade or so.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Im glad gainax in there and all the criminal pieces of poo poo rapists in there die lol.
Also i seriously cant believe we were on the cusp of getting more good FLCL and now im super bummed out.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the FLCL sequels were godawful but it still sucks that the IP's been spirited away to nowhereland

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Im legit sad to hear this lol

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Oxxidation posted:

the FLCL sequels were godawful but it still sucks that the IP's been spirited away to nowhereland
Whatever they were doing with FLCL Headphones Girl* sucked and if they can't offer an FLCL from the perspective of a girl then just let it be that thing that was good for the one season it ran.

*ok the one with the friends all getting together was good and the other one with the one friend permanently nuking the friendship was ok.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Just wanted to bump the thread and also remind myself that this movie is ready to be released; I forget about this movie more often than I do Hunter x Hunter and Berserk at this point.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Get off the boat Shinji

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
would Shinji use a Behelit, and if so, what would he give up

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hopefully theaters are still open and people aren’t too scared to go see it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

If he used it? Everything.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

He'd use it to not get in the robot

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011
Everyone would tell him to use it, then get super pissed off at him when he unknowingly causes the eclipse.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

MoaM posted:

Just wanted to bump the thread and also remind myself that this movie is ready to be released; I forget about this movie more often than I do Hunter x Hunter and Berserk at this point.

I never lost hope. :colbert:

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I found UFO on Amazon Prime Video and you can definitely see how it influenced Eva. It's legitimately fun to watch and I hope it also starts to go off the rails at some point, although being fifty years old I won't be expecting it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Age has nothing to do with that, watch The Prisoner sometime. I remember UFO going places but like a lot of those shows it just kinda ends with no resolution. Though I think Space 1999 is technically a sequel?

E: It was based on design work for a cancelled second season of UFO so not really.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 29, 2020

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

This was posted in the Drum & Bass thread, but Billain made a homage to Evangelion with a pretty rad track if you're into D&B at all.
Pretty cool EVA vid anyways. /shrug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4P5BslcvT4

the_enduser fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 10, 2020

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

MoaM posted:

looking forward to the limited american theatrical release in 2024

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Tertius Oculum posted:

This was posted in the Drum & Bass thread, but Billain made a homage to Evangelion with a pretty rad track if you're into D&B at all.
Pretty cool EVA vid anyways. /shrug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4P5BslcvT4

This owns

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/wisconnsin/status/1237041745491263489?s=21

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

looking forward to the limited american theatrical release in 2024

Just lol
If you aren’t going to spend hours F5ing an /a/ thread for two or three days until someone finds a camrip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The lost Eva AIDS radio PSA has resurfaced.